Alfa Romeo Giulia | Page 73 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo Giulia

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by TheMayor, Nov 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    For what it's worth, my dealer experience was quite good when the engine blew. Granted, their primary business was Bentley and Maserati so they were positioned to provide higher levels of service. I'm not sure if the dealer was partially blame for the unresolved fuel pressure issues. By the time we got to the end of road in trying to fix it they had dropped Alfa but they (the dealer) was still good to me right up until the day Alfa USA gave me a check in the dealer paring lot.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    what is that?! new quad? love the color and new exhaust

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Supposed to be the GTam.

5. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    i had one of the first QV's to hit the shores of the US.
    i wanted to love it but did not.

6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    They need to add launch control and allow esc/tc be turned completely off, then perfect. But not having those is big fail

boxerman likes this.
  7. niklas

niklas Formula 3

Apr 25, 2008
    Chilliwack BC
    Full Name:
    N. Olafsson
    What was your issues with it?

8. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    my friend has one 2018 it has been flawless and I have driven it! 505 HP more than F430 ! ferrari engine now the same motor ( twin turbo V-6 w/ heaps more boost ) will be used in the new 6 cyl Ferrari Image Unavailable, Please Login

Atlanta355, Mbutner, ryalex and 3 others like this.
  9. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    It's an awesome car, and as I've said before, if I needed a sedan, that would be my top pick. But I've had my two door Raptor for over a year, and I had one friend in the passenger seat one time. :)

10. Beetleything

Beetleything Rookie

Dec 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alan

DO you have a link to that info - the same engine used in a Ferrari.... thx

janmante likes this.
  11. Beetleything

Beetleything Rookie

Dec 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Yeah i wish they had built a coupe...like the mustang. I prefer 2 doors and never use the back seats.

janmante and G. Pepper like this.
  12. Beetleything

Beetleything Rookie

Dec 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alan
    janmante and G. Pepper like this.
  13. niklas

niklas Formula 3

Apr 25, 2008
    Chilliwack BC
    Full Name:
    N. Olafsson
    The engine is Ferrari derived, being designed by Ferrari technicians. It shares the same engine as the California, minus two cylinders. The quad engine shares the same bore, stroke and V angle, as far as I know. It’s not far fetched at all to say it’s the same engine that’s in a Ferrari

Mbutner, greg328 and janmante like this.
  14. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    well they were planning one but low sales i think torpedoed it ! sad ! ask your local dealer ?

15. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    yes well 30 deg, 90 to 120 is insignificant but gives more room for bigger turbos. I/C's etc and it may package better and the Car article is speculative !
    i just got my first issue ! a back issue Aug 2020,
    what issue was that ?

16. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    link ? no sorry read it somewhere and remembered ! busy !

17. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    yes they say the V-6 in a Alfa quadrofoglio WAS designed / built by Ferrari they wanted a V-8 and supposedly Ferrari said NO you can have a twin turbo V-6 !

18. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    my understanding is that the 18 model year on they are quite reliable.
    Mines a 19 and Ive had zero, thats zero issues.
    Its also by far the most satisfying new car ive bought, well the guila and the elise.
    I would say if lotus built a sedan it would have to go pretty far to match the drive experince of the gulia. They seriously nailed it, the steering and ride were done by people who really knew what they were doing. Theres not another new car you can buy(short of an f8) thats even remotely close, its really that good, and nothing short of fully satisfying to drive..

greg328, ricksb, FORZA 62 and 4 others like this.
  19. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    Yes , amazing car ! the steering is SO quick ! less than 2 turns lock to lock ! it is telepathic! very close to a Porsche feel ! the car was the MT ( Motor trend ) car of the year and for gods sake DO NOT test drive one ! top gears Jeremy Clarkson did and he bought the car !

G. Pepper likes this.
  20. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    what impresses is the way the supesion has compliance with controll, unlike the Germans which are just stiff or Lexus which is pure mush. It takes actual talent t and ability to setup suspension. Probably the outcome of a car developed quickly by talented people who had minimal Comintee interference.

the steeeing seems to have universal praise . What sets it apart is that Alfa made no attempt to mimic an Anolog systems and embraced the digital and what it could do. While lacking in feel it’s super accurate and razor sharp, in Fact the way the whole front end reacts and responds is a revelation and something no anolog car can get close too, at the same time it’s not twitchy and the accuracy provides its own joy.

I get tired of hearing how cars lack feel through the wheel, I’ve never driven any power system that Had real feel and that includes the last good hydraulic ones. True eps in many cars today is simply poor and worse tha. The hydraulic ones, but that’s because it’s inconstant I. Response and weighting while lacking the feeling of being wired to the machine.

alfa has cracked that code and the steerin has great weighting, a well oiled feel and it wired to the brain.

in short the Alfa is like all moderns competent and painless but unlike Ofer moderns full entertaining and fulfilling to drive.its one of those special cars where the stars just aligned.

greg328, FORZA 62, Boy roy and 2 others like this.
  21. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    The only thing that bothers me about The Gulia is that it’s follow up is unlikely to be anywhere near as superlative.

given the development cycle though it should be around for a while yet.

if you wnat an iconic ice car to keep make sure you get one of the last ones before production ends.

greg328 and janmante like this.
  22. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I've a 2018 with ZERO issues...

johnei likes this.
  23. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Freind just bought a used 18 stelvio
    Vehicle is tight as a drum no rattles and everything works

greg328 and 95spiderman like this.
  24. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    If they follow the Dodge Challenger / Charger development cycle of 10+ years and many small improvements and variants - that seems like a winning strategy.

boxerman likes this.
  25. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Just did about 150 miles today
    Some highway and an lot of of backroads going here and there, errands meetings etc. in another car this could feel
    Like time wasted. In the Gulia None of it was a chore, it all felt like fun.

Mbutner and greg328 like this.