458 Speciale Aperta *market blown | Page 3 | FerrariChat

458 Speciale Aperta *market blown

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ScudMarks, May 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Oh....me and my teenage son on a roadtrip through NC mountains for a week...him driving the 2018 911 GT3 with manual gearbox on Tail of the Dragon....it is his favorite car in the stable.
    Memories with son...priceless!

Enjoy your car’s guys!

2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Now there’s a legit Ferrari fan. Well done. Bravo.

3. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    just need three more then you have different F car for all 7 days of the week. Nice collections!

Ash Patel likes this.
  4. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Miles and smiles! Love it!! BRAVO!

5. Dontbethatguy

Dontbethatguy Karting

Nov 25, 2017
    ATX
    #55 Dontbethatguy, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
    my local dealer in Austin has a Pista and a Speciale Aperta, and the Pista is $20k cheaper at $579,995.

I accepted a few years ago that I just don’t care about the values. I try to find a deal that’s acceptable to me, accept that it will lose money, and not care. I’m single with no kids, so who am I saving that value for anyways? I drove my F12 through a torrential down pour and didn’t care. Not one person asked me when I sold it if it had been driven in the rain. No doubt that everyone wants to minimize their loss in anything that they buy, but you can’t let it be the driving force that keeps you from enjoying the cars.

daflk, Solid State, Gh21631 and 8 others like this.
  6. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Fantastic post. Am going to mark this post and refer back to it every time I worry about $$ value with my cars.

mustangtornado likes this.
  7. mustangtornado

Dec 19, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I’d fire my financial manager if my 2014-2015 investments had appreciated as little as the speciales have. drive them, enjoy them, take care of them. but 500k of amzn the better investment.

F2003-GA, nmcclure and Coincid like this.
  8. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I would fire any financial manager who told you a car was an investment! It is a depreciating asset. Lol.

F2003-GA likes this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Purchasing a collector type car has proven to be wrought with anxiety and ambivalence. The desire to actually drive the car is overwhelming yet simultaneously everytime you put miles on it, its value diminishes. This represents a no win situation. If you treat the purchase solely as an investment, you derive no pleasure in its ownership and ultimately, there are far more lucrative ways to be financially enriched. If you purchase the car for the subjective pleasure of driving it, then the investment objective is obviated. Moral of the story- Buy a super car you love and drive it at every available opportunity which is why these machines were created.

10. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    You should update your username. #Bethisguy

Adamas and IloveGT like this.
  11. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    just know you're not alone brother. Single no kids and reaching 16k miles on my Speciale. I've taken a *financial* hit on every single car I've owned as expected and couldn't care because it means I made memories enjoying the car

Ash Patel, Coincid, IloveGT and 3 others like this.
  12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I would have asked.. :)

13. vforvictory

vforvictory Rookie

Apr 3, 2014
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Paul K.
    This car is currently listed with a Ferrari dealership in California for 100k more than it sold at BaT.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    The more special edition V8's come our way the more the 458 aperta and speciale will dip
    IMO the F40 Icono will also have an effect and so will a VS SF90

15. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I am not too sure about that. I can see how sf90 vs can have an impact on the hybrid LaFerrari for instance. I dont think the sf90 had a real impact on the desirability or collectability of the 458SA neither do I see a threat from an upcoming turbo charged F8 VS. As to the F40 Icona if it gets announced i can see prices of original F40 rise, people always prefer originals to copies. I could actually see how it could make the SA more desirable. I might be wrong time will tell

16. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike

Yup.

When I buy these cars, I just imagine taking 400k (or whatever it is) in cash, pouring lighter fluid on it, setting it on fire and <poof> now the money is gone and I don't care. If my fear of losing money is >/= the enjoyment the car brings me, then I shouldn't buy the car (but sometimes I still do :):)).

Mike

nmcclure, F2003-GA and SVCalifornia like this.
  17. Mikes90ef8

Mikes90ef8 Karting

Oct 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    MM
    you’re all wrong ... this SA didn’t sell for an all time low bc of the miles, condition or spec ... the seller should have listed with Doug on Cars and Bids ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login