Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 246 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    Went for first yr free mainteance.. they dont do oil change(1300 miles). Just a pollen filter change.... r we being screwed?

AD211 likes this.
  2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The simple answer is yes. Prior to the 7 year maintenance program, yearly changing of oil and filter, regardless of how few miles, was strongly advised. Since 2019, dealers , no longer automatically change oil and filter unless the ECU algorithims so advise. More often than not, oil change and filters changes are forgone until the following year. My dealer insists on changing the oil and fiter on a yearly basis with no exceptions.

Jcmd and GT2goneF like this.
  3. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Yes it is oil, filter, top off fluids.

7-Year Maintenance Program
    Complimentary scheduled maintenance is included for the first seven years of a new Ferrari.

Ferrari Genuine Maintenance ensures vehicles are maintained for maximum performance and safety by a factory-authorized dealer with dedicated diagnostic equipment. The vehicle will be subject to annual inspections by a Ferrari trained technician at the standard service intervals (12,500 miles or once a year with no restriction on total mileage). The program covers the scheduled maintenance labor along with the relative original spare parts, engine oil, and brake fluid.

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Never needed an article from any magazine to make me feel better about my car decisions. So far I have loved and nailed every single one of them.

stavura, AD211, jm2 and 1 other person like this.
  5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Wait whaaa???? Are we getting screwed or you got screwed? Did you ask them why?

6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    So I guess, we have to make sure they do it. Otherwise, they are profiting from the bypass. Is this a reportable event?

7. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Jcmd and GT2goneF like this.
  8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Texas2step likes this.
  9. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    So there goes the theory that break in period, creates " minute particles " that may be shed from engine components and cause potential micro wear and one should change oil to get rid of these. And mileage and not time is the main consideration for oil breakdown. Seems to me that the break in period.. through and one year mark seems to make sense for the year one oil change.( break down of oil additives with time).. then pace the next one further out Ferrari! The algorithm they seem to be using is the profit motive one. A dealer oil change is 600-700 bucks so i have been quoted.

MANDALAY likes this.
  10. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Agree algorithm is profit motivated

Coincid and Jo Sta7 like this.
  11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I would like to think that this has been studied and incorporated into the algorithm. Don't get me wrong, I am one in favor of the annual maintenance. Everything comes down to decisions that have some financial impact. We do it on a daily basis, not just in cars, but with any product we purchase. We look for the best deal. If there isn't a best deal, we look for the appropriate timing. By no means, should we fool ourselves that there isn't a financial bias. I just hope there is bias free science to back this algorithm.

Jcmd likes this.
  12. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
  13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Wow what was the cost for that I wonder?!

14. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Not loving it.

GT2goneF likes this.
  15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Unique indeed. Not sure how I feel about it. However... one thing I am sure of...

I agree with Buddyg. Not loving it.

16. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    in the long run, a lot of Ferrari owners who buy new get rid of them within a few years anyways. So it should not matter to the new buyer i guess. Just a hassle to bring them in the dealer service and get "stiffed" by ever changing service items rather than a set menu for each year. this was a big deal selling point/ marketing in the beginning then slowly being watered down starting in 2019. Is there a printed 7 yrs free maintenance schedule( services that have to be performed) for the F8?
    When i did my first year. i told them to skip the 1.3 K mile pollen filter change( required) but dealer said they have to change it in order to satisfy Ferrari that the first year work was done. So much for need.. the pollen algorithm was not not expensive enough to be changed (vs. oil change) lol

17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Unfortunately yes

Ferrari changed the serving in Feb 2019. Now they will plug the car into the computer and the computer will tell them if the oil needs changing.

A Pista over here was continually tracked and did 10,000 kms ! and they still didn't change the oil.

Ferrari want you to believe that the oil doesn't need changing , well it makes a mockery of the whole 7 years free service.

I have a 2018 488 GTB. and they are changing my oil :)

Ferrari will save millions by not changing the oil. Hum Turbo engine and not change oil is ridiculous.

GT2goneF and Jcmd like this.
  18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

You want the oil change and unless your dealer loves you , your gonna pay for it

19. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    Very uncommon, not bad at all

20. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

You think so ? Hum like i stated a Pista tracked all the time 10,000 kms and no oil change. I think that's BS. I wouldn't go past 5,000 kms on a Turbo even without tracking.

21. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    #6146 Jcmd, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    The only science out there is that the EOM Pennzoil synthetic they use is made from Natural Gas which is more heat resistant and without impurities compared to other synthetics made from crude. Maybe less breakdown vs other brands of synthetic oils. A good service bulletin from Ferrari is needed.

22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Please read what I said. I said I would like to think that it has been scientifically studied and not only based on profit. In addition, I am on the same side of everyone with regards to having the oil changed once a year, regardless of mileage.

23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Guess gonna have to make'em love me.

MANDALAY likes this.
  24. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Same, I can only imagine the up charge for that. Wrap would have been much cheaper
    so my take away is the annual maintenance is worthless. Change the oil myself as I see fit, and swap the exhaust and cats too!

GT2goneF likes this.
  25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Yeah. But its uniqueness may make it a sellable item in the future, should he/she decide to. Hope in person looks better.

I am with you on this as well. What I find interesting is the double standard. You can't do this or you will void the warranty but we won't change your oil on an annual basis unless "the computer" tells us to. Engine breaks for computer telling you not to change the oil, oh but you installed exhausts and sport catylitics, it must've been that. Sorry, your warranty is voided. Crock of...

MANDALAY likes this.