Paint Correction and PPF Recommendations in NY Metro Area | FerrariChat

Paint Correction and PPF Recommendations in NY Metro Area

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Cgk360, Mar 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Looking for recommendations for a top-end shop to do paint correction and full ppf on my new Audi RS6. Also, what are the recommendations on the best film to use (x-pel, etc.). This will be for a daily driver and long term keeper.

2. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
  3. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  4. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    I take my cars to garage224. Evan and Michael are the owners and they do the work themselves. Their work and customer service is exemplary.

5. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Just got my car back from a buff and beyond in Cranbury NJ. Nick did an awesome job on my 430. While I was there he was just finishing up a beautiful 2020 600LT.

buffandbeyond.com

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks, Corey.
    Thanks, cgt1000.

cgt000 likes this.
  7. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    I can vouch for Nick as well. He has done PPF, tinting, and ceramics on all our cars including my Pista, 458, Flying Spur, and our G wagons. He has a great team of guys that really take pride in their work.

8. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks for the add'l rec on Nick/ buffandbeyond.

9. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Enthusiasts Auto in Mamaroneck NY Fation is a very good guy and excellent at what he does. He offers all of the PPF brands and will steer you straight,
    All high end autos. Did a "track wrap" for my QV.
    BTW RS6 is a killer! had one for a weekend, what a blast to drive

10. RPM217

RPM217 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2007
    Rye Brook, NY
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Eddie at Detailing Dynamics, and Fation at Enthusiast Detailers are my 2 go 2 places. Both of them to top notch work, not cheap, but if you want cheap, you get cheap.

11. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks SB.

12. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks Roger

13. robmike

robmike Rookie

Mar 22, 2011
    I am also looking for recommendations and currently trying to decide between Detailing Dynamics, LI Detailers and 631Coatings. I want to have my car done on Long Island. I have used Detailing Dynamics in the past but wouldn't be opposed to trying someplace new. Does anyone have any thoughts on the other 2 and whether the Detailing Dynamic price premium is worth it?

bball16 likes this.
  14. RPM217

RPM217 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2007
    Rye Brook, NY
    Full Name:
    Roger
    See my comment above, if you're just shopping on price, don't expect DD quality. Not saying that the other 2 shops don't do quality work, just saying if you want the best, you have to pay for it. If it's not that important a vehicle and seams etc. don't bother you......................

15. vdm9

vdm9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2014
    long island new york
    Full Name:
    vasilios
    I use 631 for all of my cars - Ferraris, Porsches, Astons, etc
    Top Shelf!!!
    Super attention to detail, and amazing ppt work. At events, people cannot believe that the cars are in ppt - as compared to theirs...
    You want a custom job - from the paint correction - Devin is a master and spends a lot of time on details to the film - which you want custom - not just a computer plotter generating a premed film to be placed. You want the edges wrapped around each piece of body work - not stopping at an edge. Shops need to be clean so that due doesn't get under the film when placing. And you want guys with the skill and experience to remove emblems and lenses to wrap behind.
    Go see Carl - the owner and Devin. You can use my name - Vasilios - I can highly recommend the shop and all the services the provide. I have no affiliation other than being a customer and seeing others get taken advantage of and paying big money for average work.
    vdm

16. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I’ve used LI Detailers multiple times and Andrew is great. He’s taken care of PPF and ceramic on my Ferrari and Porsche. I’ve also sent countless friends there and they have all been satisfied.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. robmike

robmike Rookie

Mar 22, 2011
    Thanks so much for these replies. I was almost hoping some of the reviews would be negative, which would make my decision easier. As I mentioned, I have used Detailing Dynamics in the past and was happy. But they are charging 50% more than the other two. I’d be fine paying it if there was going to be an appreciable difference. Now I have 3 good choices. I know, everyone should have these first world problems.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. vdm9

vdm9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2014
    long island new york
    Full Name:
    vasilios
    You also want to know how long someone has been doing film.
    You don't want someone who learned last week at a course in Miami ...
    You seem to be doing your homework -
    vdm