812 VS Rumors | Page 224 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I also wonder if the VS Targa with the carbon roof panels on would have much more flex than the coupe.

Also, would it weigh more or less than the coupe without the motorized top and two carbon panels which will be quite light.

Does anyone know the answers to the questions above on the LaFerrari and LaFerrari Aperta? And yes I know the LaFerrari has a carbon chassis and the VS doesn’t, but it still would be interesting to know.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    #5577 REALZEUS, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    Unless they are joking (which I hope), some people express themselves like they are Putin, Biden and the Queen, combined. Get yourselves off your high horses, you are mere commoners who happen to have some money; you are not Knights of the Round Table... I mean, self-importance and smugness are so passe nowadays.

Doug23 likes this.
  3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    ...and no doubt “knights of the round table” were a bunch of privileged douchebags not worthy of any kind of admiration.

350MH83, Senna1994 and [gTr] like this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Won't argue with that either, but I am sure you know what I mean.

italiafan likes this.
  5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I do. :)

Ltfor3 and REALZEUS like this.
  6. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Some need to chill out...

In discussions with my dealer the five people that were selected for the open top 812 VS, all were Top clients...of the five, two guys race the challenge series for Ferrari plus they own 7-10 Ferrari’s each, two guys own twenty Ferrari’s each (the complete Hyper car series, historical cars, and the latest series cars. And they have been buying cars from the dealer for the past 25 years when it wasn’t even fashionable to do so. ..and the last guy has 20 Ferrari’s, Ferrari F1 cars and owns a piece of an F1 team to boot. Four of the top five currently own over $25 to $100 million in Ferraris and have been longtime clients of the dealer.

So who do you think should be first in line to be offered these cars? New guy that owns a 488 and or an F8?

douchebags?? Really.

Twosherpaz and chrixxx like this.
  7. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Glad you mentioned Biden :)

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Well, he is POTUS now.

9. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    NO! I thought it was Clinton!! What happened ? I may have overslept .....

stavura and Shack like this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You really think getting chosen makes you important? Not sure whether to laugh or just shake my head. Trust me, it does not make you important. We are not important people for getting chosen to buy this car. Important people win the Nobel peace prize. I think you need to get over yourself a bit.

You might think you deserve top spot, and so does about 5000 others. I don't know you or your car collection, but aside from purchasing a slew of cars, being a top client is a bit more involved - and that's a good thing. The racers (Corse Cliente) are probably those who spend the most on a yearly basis, being it racing "old" F1 cars, the Challenge, FXX, or private GT cars outside. Those clients are the most involved with the Ferrari brand. Fact is that you have some clients with a lot of cars that haven't even sat foot in the factory. While what you purchase matters, so does how you are interacting with Ferrari. Things have changed since Luca, and now involvement is probably at the forefront of being a top tier client. That may upset some collectors, but reality probably is that Ferrari benefits most from having an image based upon racing enthusiasts first and foremost. I am well aware that what Ferrari builds are not race cars, but it matters showing the world that they have a lot of passionate owners who like to race.

I think you need a bit of a reality check. Cars are fun and great, but don't for one second think that they make you important.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

635CSI, Ltfor3, Caeruleus11 and 7 others like this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
  12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I think I see what you are getting at but realistically the F60, F12B and F12TdF are essentially the same basic car with many more parts the same than not. End products behave differently but a walk through the parts fiche tells the story.

13. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    A question, do you think Ferrari will present at this event (Mid April) both versions at the same time?

There is a lot of talk about the two versions (Coupe and Aperta) and it seems that customers have had the choice between the two versions from the start.

So it seems possible that they present both versions at the same time.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    You’re reading too much into my comment. I wasn’t speaking metaphorically about Ferrari customers, I was being literal about the actual knights of the round table and landed gentry. Just having a side joke with Realzeus.

stavura, F2003-GA, Doug23 and 6 others like this.
  15. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    So far it seems that both versions will be unveiled at the same time, but, as usual, nothing is 100% certain.

16. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Okay, thank you for your answer.

17. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Well, if you really want to go fast on a track, you need a race car. Period.

Any road car, coupé or aperta will be a compromise.

I have no problem with anyone who wants to track his road car to test the limits and have fun. Even true racers will understand that. Having fun with fantastic cars is all what this forum is about.

And on the road, apertas are great cars and no doubt that the 812vs aperta will be a fantastic one...

18. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Confirmed by various reliable sources

Jonathan19 likes this.
  19. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    It is difficult to draw definitive conclusions from renders. I await the presentation of the cars to make up my mind 100% on which is the most beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Many customers seem to prefer the Coupe version to the Aperta version, of course it's a matter of personal taste .... But I'm curious to see why.

ilcapodizurigo likes this.
  21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Weight and rigidity. Also, a lot of people don't see the allure of open top motoring. Doing 100+ mph sans roof makes no sense to me...

Solid State likes this.
  22. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    #5597 ilcapodizurigo, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    I saw both cars. I saw the actual photos and saw the official sketches by Manzoni. Not going to get into any details on the car itself because it would spoil the excitement for everyone. This is Ferrari‘s right that I want to respect.

Ultimately, we are talking about the track version / light weight of the 812 Superfast (a true Berlinetta Grand Tourer). History has shown that grand tourers can be convertibles (250 California, 275 GTS, 365 GTS, 330 GTS). All of these were road cars made for the purpose of grand touring with the option of dropping the top. None of them were track focused nor dedicated to racing. The first cars built (125s, 212 barchetta etc.) were not convertibles instead were pure open tops, sort of like the Monza SP if I can make that comparison. However, once track/race cars were fitted with a fixed roof, for obvious reasons back then, we did not see new GT track/race cars that came with a foldable or removable roof for primarily weight saving purposes. The 250 GTO, the 288 GTO, the 599 GTO, the F12 TDF all of which were lightweight/track focused Berlinettas or so-called GT race cars; were all pure coupes. It is for this reason that in my opinion the 812 VS coupe will be the more purebred variant. Certainly, the aperta will be more limited and hence trading at a higher multiple but in the long-run, especially if this will be the last 6.5L V12 N/A, which I am certain it is given the EU plans around the corner, it is the coupe that will be the one for the history books.

400 apertas and 800 coupes of the 812VS are confirmed by my dealer. It is not true that there will be 999 coupes. I can imagine that the coupe will be TDF style exclusive and the aperta SA Aperta style exclusive. Def. not like the 488 Pista and 488 Pista Spider, where the coupe pista is not very exclusive. If you ask me would I rather own the LaF coupe or LaF aperta I would choose the aperta. Here however, we are talking about their hypercar series (F40, F50, Enzo) and as we know the F50 had a targa style roof. Not because it is more limited but because I enjoy driving open. Hence, why I said the perfect combo imo is the 812 GTS next to the 812 VS coupe. The 812 VS is based on the 250 GTO if you will and that is why I am happy with getting the coupe and even if I was offered the aperta would want to stick to the coupe. If I was planning on getting this car to flip and make a deal I’d fight for the aperta. My intention however is to spec this car in a tasteful config. in order to cherish the history, drive with pride and joy and marvel at for the rest of my life.

jo_ker, stavura, mofatmi9 and 19 others like this.
  23. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Yes, you gave a very good argument.

I also think you have to take into account the aspect of the "less common" model that the Aperta represents (Rumor says 499 Units).

On my side, I surprisingly prefer the 812 GTS to the coupe (in terms of look) of course this is only my personal opinion.

Anyway, I can't wait to see this VS and VS Aperta!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    My english is poor for sure.
    Not being top is ok for me. It is just they should have done better by offering copue only or let us choose which one or make targa exclusive enough by making it Icona level. For this, I am not pleased. Why make party less fun by labeling people who enters.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Thou shall not speak ill of our noble Ferrari status. If thou do, we shall be forced to speak harsh words to thee lowly peasant, and thou will surely meet a ghastly demise at the tip of my trusty steel.

I'll be here all week. Please don't forget to tip your waitress 10%:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Ltfor3 likes this.