DIY oil change made easy | Page 2 | FerrariChat

DIY oil change made easy

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by AZLambo, Oct 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drifter458

Drifter458 Rookie

Feb 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ben
    @AZLambo - Hi, where did you get the snap covers? Can we see a close up pic? Are they screwed in? Thanks.

2. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My 2013 also has the access hole in the tray, the same as yours. I’m not sure what they are trying to help us access, but there’s a hole for some strange reason.

3. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    AZLambo,

I was considering making it easy to change my oil but unable to find any 3 inch diameter grommets. I searched Home Depot, amazon, online and local auto store and nothing in 3 inch. Where did you purchase your grommets from?

4. bobo20

bobo20 Rookie

Feb 4, 2012
    Just did mine on my 2011 458 and it worked perfectly with the provided picture with measurements. Certainly going to be easier next year with this set up. The 3 inch plugs i got at Home Depot at 50 cents each. they fit real tight, had to get screw driver to pry out.

F485 likes this.
  5. TheGaucho

TheGaucho Karting

Oct 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    SergeFurRE
    Remember to drill a pilot hole before you drill the 3" hole, just to make sure you didn't get the measurements backwards. :)

6. Rdwaggie

Rdwaggie Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2018
    Does anyone have a link to where they bought the plugs? I can’t find at Home Depot and the ones I ordered from Amazon are not going to work because of the thickness of the under tray

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. 458Spider2013

458Spider2013 Karting

Dec 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    Pete Gregory
    I just went to Home Depot and there's no such 3" plug in the entire store...How about a pic or sku number please.

8. Beez

Beez Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 22, 2016
    I was really hoping to see an answer to this, so thought I'd give it a second try.

9. Rdwaggie

Rdwaggie Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2018