The Spotters Thread... | Page 8 | FerrariChat

The Spotters Thread...

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Rexcoltrain, Feb 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hawaii Brit

Hawaii Brit Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2018
    Honolulu
  2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
  3. Hawaii Brit

Hawaii Brit Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2018
    Honolulu
  4. zeeshan6

zeeshan6 Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Zeeshan
    it has been a while since i checked this thread would love to see more of the 2 pref's

5. Doc_K

Doc_K Karting

Oct 19, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Full Name:
    Ian K.
    Spotted Gill today in his F430. Gave him a thumbs up. ;)

Hawaii Brit likes this.
  6. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
  7. renman95

renman95 Karting

Jul 16, 2016
    Oahu, leeward side
    Full Name:
    D8LF
    Nicolas21 likes this.
  8. SingleClutch

SingleClutch Karting

Apr 19, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kris
    Hey all, I’m in Honolulu usually each week from the mainland. I’d love to connect with other Ferrari/exotic owners. I often see a guy in a red F430 spider with plate “5” cruising around Waikiki. Discussion with him a couple years back really helped me make the decision to buy my F430. Looking forward to seeing you around. Shoots!

Fly fast and take chances

renman95 likes this.
  9. pauljinss

pauljinss Rookie

Mar 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    Paul Seo
    As a resident of Oahu, I've seen or heard of the following cars in Hawaii online or in-person:

Ferrari F12TDF (velocity honolulu, top floor)
    Ferrari Monza SP1? (velocity honolulu, top floor)
    Ferrari F40 (was showcased on ground floor of velocity this weekend, unsure if it's still there)
    Lamborghini Murcielago x2 (one on Instagram, one owned by a friend of my former teacher)
    Lamborghini Aventador x2 (one an SV owned by @2rsky on Instagram, one a white color that was a replacement to my teacher's friend's Murcielago)
    Mercedes / McLaren SLR (another possession of my teacher's friend. don't know what he does but whatever his job is I want to know haha)
    Lamborghini Huracan (basically the ants of the Hawaii supercar industry. If you see a supercar, chances are probably most in favor of it being a Huracan)
    Lamborghini Gallardo (not as common as Huracans surprisingly but still there)
    Ferrari Portofino (also some here. I've seen either two or three, one at the First Hawaiian auto show and one coming out of a street near Kahala.)
    Ferrari 458/488 (the Huracans of Hawaii, except they got the Ferrari badge in the front.)
    Ferrari SF90 Stradale (saw it pass by me on H1. I was excited, to say the bare minimum)
    Porsche 918 Spyder (was showcased at Porsche Hawaii a few years back. Unsure if it's still owned on the island)
    Maserati MC12 (image circulated around the internet of an MC12 parked outside the Hawaii convention center. unsure if it's still on island, my guess is no)
    Ferrari F50 (an image circulated of it apparently belonging to Tom Kosasa. again, not sure if it's still here.)
    Nismo GTR R35 (owned by @808nismogtr on Instagram. nice car, apparently one of only two in the state, his car being the first shipped here)
    Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition (held in Servco Lexus for a while before someone bought it, I think)
    Ferrari Enzo (photo was taken near Kamehameha Highway of an Enzo, I believe somewhere around 2003)
    Lamborghini Centenario (owned by @hawaiibrad, where he had the Blu Cepheus car at his Maui estate. Stradman did a video on it once. Not sure if it's still here, as I am aware that he has brought it to California on multiple occasions)
    Ferrari F12 Berlinetta (white one, saw it a few times primarily at Ala Moana Shopping Center)
    Ferrari 812 Superfast (saw one on the road, one was actually listed in pre-owned on Porsche Hawaii website for 359k)

and much more. I don't know if I should feel stupid for not expecting a state as extravagant as Hawaii to be loaded with supercars and hypercars. No idea if this threat is even active, but I'm glad it exists so I can see which cars I may not have known was on the island.

renman95 and SingleClutch like this.
  10. Connor_A

Connor_A Rookie

Mar 12, 2021
    I live on Oahu and run the “Exotics of Hawaii” list on the VINwiki app, which documents cars by their VINs and allows them to be grouped into lists. I’ve been collecting VINs to local exotics through social media, sale listings, public databases, and shipping manifests and compiling them into a cohesive list. I figured I’d share my findings on here for anyone who is interested.

Currently there are a total of 274 exotics on the list. Of those cars, there are 70 Ferraris, 34 Lamborghinis, 38 Bentleys, seven Rolls Royces, 26 Nissan GT-R R35s, three McLarens, five Aston Martins, and 10 Lotuses. These are just the cars that I have the VINs to. Not all still live in the islands; some have been sold into the mainland.

With the amount of exotics I’ve been able to find this far, I’d say there are at least 140 total Ferraris and 70 Lamborghinis currently in Hawaii, conservatively.

Some noteworthy vehicles on my list include but are not limited to:

2010 Lamborghini Murcielago SV - Owned by a doctor and collector on Oahu before being sold in San Francisco and exported to Finland.
    1995 Ferrari F50 - Was owned by an Oahu collector and twin-turbo’d, unsure where it lives today.
    2005 Saleen S7 - Resided on Oahu until 2016, lizstick red.
    2017 Lamborghini Centenario Coupe #12 - Spent time in both Hawaii and California for a few years before being sold at Prestige Imports in Miami and dropping off the grid in 2019.
    1995 Ferrari F50 Prototipo - Owned by a Kauai collector for a few years and sold in 2009 for north of $1,500,000.
    2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition - Wearing the plate “F ENZO”, it has been discussed here before.
    2005 Ford GT - Lived on Oahu before being purchased by the popular YouTuber “The Stradman” and being shipped to Utah in late 2019.
    2015 Porsche 918 Spyder Weissach - Was on display at Porsche Hawaii. Was previously featured in an article revealing its $2,200,000 asking price at 45 miles.
    2016 Lamborghini Aventador SV - One of many Aventadors in Hawaii, it often attends drives.
    2017 Mercedes-Benz G Wagon 4x4 Squared Brabus - A one-off build with Brabus, making it the rarest 4x4 Squared in the world. Recently sold at iLusso in California and I spotted it in Honolulu.
    1949 Ferrari 166 MM Touring Barchetta Lusso - Bought and apparently still owned by a Hawaii collector.
    2020 Ferrari 488 Pista
    2019 Ferrari 488 Pista
    2020 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ - Sold at Velocity, then sat in the showroom for eight months. Was recently picked up.
    2020 Ferrari Monza SP1 - Special ordered for a client on Oahu, it is currently sitting in the Jewel Box at Velocity.
    1935 Maserati Tipo 8VRI - Was discussed on here before, it’s now in Germany. 1 of 4 and nearly invaluable.
    1971 Lamborghini Miura P400S - Was owned by a Hawaii collector.
    1963 Ferrari 250 Lusso Speciale - Was owned by a Hawaii collector in the 1970s, has one-off Fantuzzi bodywork including a 250 GTO-inspired front end.
    2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
    2011 Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe
    2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta
    1994 Lamborghini Diablo SE30 - Owned by a local artist who painted whales on the side. The paint job reportedly valued $250,000. Later sold and had to be “cosmetically restored”.
    1991 Lamborghini Diablo - Custom built for Malcom Forbes. He passed away before he could take delivery and the car reportedly lived in the islands for a while.
    2010 Lamborghini Gallardo Valentino Balboni

Some cars I don’t have the VINs for but have seen or heard of in Hawaii include:

Lamborghini Miura I saw at the 2019 FHIA
    Saleen S7 in grey I saw a few years back
    Ferrari F40, likely belonging to the doctor, currently being displayed at Velocity
    Ferrari F12 TDF
    Bugatti Veyron that was on Maui at one point
    Maserati MC12 - Was also owned by the doctor and could be one of two VINs, both sold on the mainland in 2012-13, making his time of ownership roughly 2009 to 2012. All US MC12s are accounted for so it definitely doesn’t live on the island anymore.
    Ferrari SF90 Stradale - The previous post is the first I’ve heard of it, that is exciting.
    Three Porsche Carerra GTs
    Another Porsche 918 Spyder, in black.
    Ferrari 458 with a challenge car bodykit - Was driven questionably around Honolulu after it was picked up, and was soon pictured all over social media with a duct-taped lip and curb-destroyed rims. After parking it in the middle of a crosswalk, someone threw a cinder block through its windshield, and it wasn’t seen again. A Velocity salesman told me it was to be auctioned off on the Big Island.
    McLaren 570s in grey

I hope this information is found useful and entertaining. If anyone wants more information or photos or VINs to any of the cars, let me know.

Bob in Makiki and SingleClutch like this.
  11. pauljinss

pauljinss Rookie

Mar 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    Paul Seo
    The grey 570s can be frequently seen at 1311 Kapiolani Blvd; to my understanding, it belongs to someone in relation to the owner of Honolulu Time Co. I've seen the F12TDF at Velocity top floor frequently, although it seems to have disappeared recently. I hope Velocity continues the trend of bringing ultra-rare collection cars like the F40 down to ground floor.

12. Connor_A

Connor_A Rookie

Mar 12, 2021
    That’s correct; the 570S belongs to the company owner’s son who often works at that location.

I agree with you there; bringing the exotics down lets “regular people” get a closer look. Since the SVJ left the showroom, they’ve look like they’ve been trying to use those collector cars to bring back the lost attention the SVJ attracted. They’ve also brought the Lamborghini 400GT and their Ferrari Formula 1 roller down. I think it’s great; a day with an F1 car in it is never a bad day.

13. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Many years ago, there was a black Koenig Specials 308/328 in Portlock. Only saw it once.

Up until about 10 years ago, FH had his Testarossa and 308GT4 Competizione stored here. I think KA still has his 308 along with his GTR. The Miura could be TT's.

14. Doc_K

Doc_K Karting

Oct 19, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Full Name:
    Ian K.
    I saw the most beautiful blonde cruising in what had to be a special order paint color "sparkly red" colored 812 GTS in Waikiki a few days ago. The car is amazing, and the gal is a nice addition.

15. Doc_K

Doc_K Karting

Oct 19, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Full Name:
    Ian K.
    SF90 Stradale last night and a matte black 812 Superfast tonight in Waikiki.

16. pauljinss

pauljinss Rookie

Mar 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    Paul Seo
    Friend told me about a week or two ago that the SF90 was on ground floor at Velocity. Unsure if it's still there but if anyone has photos of it I'd love to see

17. Connor_A

Connor_A Rookie

Mar 12, 2021
    The YouTube channel Supercars of Hawaii filmed two short videos about the SF90, here are the links.

It’s also popped up around social media - it was detailed and paint protected at AutoPerfection, which posted an Instagram video about it.
    I believe it’s still there but I can’t confirm.

18. SingleClutch

SingleClutch Karting

Apr 19, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kris
    Saw this the other day when jogging in Kona. Definitely not my favorite color, but you don’t see many Ferraris on the big island. The following day I briefly met the owner, Rick. The car is his wife’s actually. He has a 250 and a Tributo on the way. Lucky guy! Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

A 250 what????????

nmcclure likes this.
  20. SingleClutch

SingleClutch Karting

Apr 19, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kris
    I think he said a 250 GTB. I could be wrong. I’m wrong a lot.

21. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I'm betting no. But I also could be wrong.

nmcclure likes this.
  22. SingleClutch

SingleClutch Karting

Apr 19, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kris
    He said it was a piece of history. I honestly didn’t know anything about it, but maybe I’ll run into him again and I’ll ask.

23. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    There was a Lusso on Oahu about 10 years ago. Could it be the same owner?

24. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron