812 VS Rumors | Page 221 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TAM340R

TAM340R Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    Caeruleus11, Roman456, tomc and 3 others like this.
  2. TAM340R

TAM340R Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    Just to be clear I am really loving my Ferraris but the toy above gave me a lot of pleasure...
    I am a big fan of the cavallino and following the posts with passion
    Ferrari is a world apart ;really curious about the new 812 I am sure that they will come with a dream...

tam

Caeruleus11, isot and italiafan like this.
  3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Flaps and gills aren't going to cut it this time with all the hype. We are promised huge power, sky high RPMs and some new alien tech. If it starts with a six (6) then its got to have real new tech - even with the plaque.

4. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I do believe there's something more than a new aggressive design and a +40 PS bump (which, by the way, isn't small at all). But they said It will represent a breakthrough and that a video showing the car simply won't be enough to tell us what it means.

5. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Well maybe Manzoni is one of them! Who knows, that could be quite the plot twist!!

6. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    That would be enormous... but I doubt he has that much talent :D

Solid State, ingegnere and 350MH83 like this.
  7. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Did Ferrari actually promise the hype or is that generated by our speculation?

I don’t recall anything official yet but them I am not one of the fortunate few...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Not me, LOL.

I wish I had his talent, but then again, he’s not an engineer :)

350MH83, dcmetro and F140C like this.
  9. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    This is basically the only official piece of information we got so far:

"It's a new model that really represents a breakthrough, the car is really stunning. A short video showing the car wouldn't be enough" (Galliera).

Quote taken from a video sent to selected customers.

Doug23 and ingegnere like this.
  10. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Ahh. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

F140C likes this.
  11. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    There is rarely anything official required as the public always provides the hype. This time; however, Ferrari is more involved with the multiple videos and drawn out release. The promise I speak of is from the talk heard here driven by Ferrari's comments about it being a breakthrough.

I think everyone is expecting a lot more than the flaps/gills, small hp gain, new panels, one new improved feature and new release color especially if it priced above the F12TdF differential over the F12B. It would be nice if all the important stuff was seriously upgraded starting with the engine and trans axle. Aero improvements not important compared to those.

456-boy likes this.
  12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
  13. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    And WHERE are the comments and informations of the selected customers HERE in THIS chat?
    Just speculation, NOTHING new... with the exception of the picture from Instagram. Disappointing!

14. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    If the production of pista spider , with all the data and info from Ferrarichat, seems of 1200/1400 cars worldwide, do you think 90% of the owners of this car have ( will have ) an allocation for one of the two 812 VS model ? Thanks

15. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Nothing disappointing. just trusted Ferrari customers who don't betray Ferrari

The only thing they would gain by disclosing confidential informations is to lose futur allocations

People like day355 already gave the most they can

And to be honest, that's the part I prefer, we can play with our imagination , with the help of our two residents artists, Isot & Ingegnere.

Anyway, in less than 30 days you'll know, so forget your very unpleasant capital letters and come play with us. :)

16. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    And for this game you really need 221 pages? You have too much time, sorry!

17. maxxy

maxxy Karting

Mar 31, 2020
    Full Name:
    max luca
    Very true! It all adds to the hype generated around this car. After speaking to a client however, it was stated that the car will have a 875ps power output and will red line at 10,000rpm. Both the roof and back lid are carbon, and he said something about the "vents that were above the rear tires, now are behind them", any ideas on how this could look? Also about 3 weeks until reveal

Looking forward to it,
    Max

18. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Dear lord, that would be insane.

dcmetro likes this.
  19. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    If it's true, this is madness!

350MH83 and dcmetro like this.
  20. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Dear sir, if you don't like this thread, I can't help but ask you gentily to Ferrari 599 GTFO.

21. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Wow, just wow!! And in pen no less! Like I said, an artist. Thank you for the link Alberto.

He also does a create job describing the “intent” and philosophy of the design—great vision.

BTW, I love the rear of the Roma with those cool lights—absolutely flawless. I had never heard of “specchio di poppa” before but on the Roma, it’s perfectly executed.

Just for fun, compare the above to this and consider that McLaren thought they were stealing a valuable asset from Ferrari, ha-ha:

Caeruleus11, Garretto and isot like this.
  22. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I’m on the list and deposit-paid but haven’t seen a dealer picture of the car or any information yet. If that is the spec, I’m thinking this will be an unbelievable car - it will be a legend. I don’t say that lightly but the first road going 10,000rpm V12 from any mainstream manufacturer? Nearly 900hp? Carbon over the whole top of the car keeping CoG much lower? Completely different aesthetically to recent cars? I would just be glad it’s Ferrari that did it. Even more glad we will hopefully own one.

About 30 pages ago I felt certain there would be additional ‘engineering’ beneath the rear deck. If this report is true, I believe otherwise. I think 10k rpm would give the kind of power bump indicated without need of any additional blowing, pumping, fanning or charging! I also think the lack of rear screen might have something to do with the SF recall situation. If they are concerned about the engineering behind the SF’s rear screen, to add extra power and vibration to the car wouldn’t help any. A simple solution would be to turn the whole thing into an aero and lightweight feature, which suits the car’s brief. If it’s carbon it would bring significant weight saving and allow the designers more ‘real estate’ to locate the required venting, keeping a clean side profile. Similarly, relocating the wheel arch vents behind the wheels adds to that same rationale. Whatever the truth, with hybrids and EVs occupying most manufacturers thoughts, this promises to be a real seminal moment in automotive history. That’s why 221 pages...

gzachary, day355, 456-boy and 4 others like this.
  23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    “A discussion board (known also by various other names such as discussion group, discussion forum, message board, and online forum) is a general term for any online "bulletin board" where you can leave and expect to see responses to messages you have left. Or you can just read the board.”

Note the last line: “Or you can just read the board.” I would add: or not.

24. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I don’t get to have a 812 VS, I don’t have near enough Ferrari credits. However, being excluded has not kept me from enjoying this thread immensely. I get to live vicariously through the lucky few.

stavura, Shack, mofatmi9 and 14 others like this.