Ferrari dealer coming to St. Louis | FerrariChat

Ferrari dealer coming to St. Louis

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Jeff Kennedy, Dec 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    BANNED Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    St. Louis is getting a Ferrari dealer at long last.

The last dealer was Brentwood Volvo which ceased their Ferrari side somewhere in the mid or late 1990s. Then there was St. Louis Motorcars which only ever had the Authorized Ferrari Service with the unrealized expectation of getting the sales franchise. That all ended in about 2011.

The new dealership is planned to start construction in early March with a completion in October/November 2021. It will be located net to the Porsche dealership that is another part of IndiGO Auto Group.

Many of us have been wanting to see a franchise appointment for a long while. Indications already is that they will be actively involved with our local Missouri & Southern Illinois Chapter of the Ferrari Club of America.

Auraraptor, RyanFoH and EastMemphis like this.
  2. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Glad to know you will have someone in your area. The midwest is a Ferrari desert, IMO.

Whisky likes this.
  3. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    The other dealers in the middle of the country are:

Chicago (2)
    Detroit
    Columbus
    Texas (Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas)
    Denver
    Salt Lake City

4. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    There's no Ferrari dealer in Memphis. Personally, I think they're missing out on a rich market. There's a surprisingly large community of individuals with a lot of disposable income here. It's one of the least expensive places to live in probably the developed world so anyone who makes more than $100k a year is living like a literal king. For what it costs for a shed in the Bay area, one can have among the most expensive estates in the county.

A Ferrari dealer in Memphis would do well.

5. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    And how about Indianapolis? There are a huge number of car owners and racers who live near there.

6. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    One can come up with a list of places that each can create a compelling argument. I have heard some rumors of there maybe being some more cities getting considered for franchises but getting any solid information past that is not being told.

7. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Being less than an hour from a Ferrari dealer (two, actually) played a big part in my decision to buy a car.

tickerhound likes this.
  8. DrStig

DrStig Rookie

Dec 26, 2020
    That is awesome news Jeff. I have been on the fence on purchase but this moves the needle on me stepping a foot in the Ferrari world.

alex likes this.
  9. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    If you are not already a member, then also join the Ferrari Club of America. For the St. Louis area we are the Missouri & Southern Illinois Chapter.

10. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron

That's great news for St Louis owners. I used to take my 328 to Brentwood Volvo back then ('02-'04), and then Bentley of STL. The latter was involved in FCA activities (and sponsored the track days).
    The St Louis FCA chapter is a bunch of very nice and down-to-earth people. I remember Bud Strotheide (512TR), Jim Weddle (with the collection), Ian & Claudia Poertner, etc. Hope they are all doing well.

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Ferrari dealers don't do great in large markets, you expect them to do well in small markets?

12. jssans

jssans Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Is indiGO keeping quiet about this? I can’t find news of this happening anywhere else. I see where they purchased Ferrari Silicon Valley.

13. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    St. Louis does have a significant car scene. The Lambo dealer tells me that they we are considered a lower 1/3 market but that they always performed in the top 1/3. I rather suspect that the same will happen when the new store is open.

14. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    There are imposed reasons that indiGO is having to hold off on making official public announcements.

15. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    the logic behind STL as the location has always been 8 hour drive (or less) to KC, Springfield MO, NW AR, Little Rock, Indy, Memphis. much like MAG in Columbus serves all of Ohio, KY, WV, and western PA.

combined a Ferrari dealer in STL will serve a market of 15-20mm people (and lots of wealth/disposable income)

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    That certainly makes sense. We've had several St. Louis area independents and authorized of other luxury makes sponsor Crescent Classic, but they only last a year or two, then go out of business or move on. Wish I could remember all their names.

17. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    The only from St Louis I recall was Bentley/Lambo/Maserati St Louis. They were title sponsor for a while - interesting characters. That was back when they got Maserati and were trying to get Ferrari. They sponsored for a number of years until Ferrari Denver became title sponsor.

rob lay likes this.
  18. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    STL Motorsports sold to Holman Automotive last year, but yes the original ownership/mgmt was...interesting. liked to have a good time :eek:

wasn't EMM (Exotic Motors Midwest) involved with Crescent at one point? they got bought by Marshall Goldman

19. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Yep!!! I remember when the Bentley Continental first came out. They brought a demo to Crescent. My wife really liked it. While we were looking at it, Graham told me "Take it on the rally in the morning. Have fun with it. Get is sideways!!!"

I do not recall them. But I could be wrong. I remember Premier from SGF sponsored for a year or two.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  20. priericky128

priericky128 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2021
    St. Louis MO
    Full Name:
    Rick
    this is amazing news! the stl metro area has so much potential for an fcar dealership! I had heard that there was some sort of joint venture between indigo porsche and jim butler and the location would make sense for that.

This will be great for aftermarket service - cannot wait!

21. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    We had the general manager join us for a FCA Chapter gathering last week and provide some updates on their progress. Construction could be finished as early as late October but that is contingent on weather delays and more. There will be a grand opening gala with invites extended to our surrounding FCA Chapters. Scheduling dependent upon a list of factors, it would be no earlier that a couple weeks after the Certificate of Occupancy. There will also be an additional event for the Ferrari Club (I expect that invites would also go to the surrounding chapters) that will be less formal but include a full tour of all the facilities.

22. gray911

gray911 Rookie

Apr 22, 2009
    Any updates on the dealership opening?

23. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Last I was told they are planning for a January opening with the Grand Opening Gala in late January.

We had the General Manager and the Service Manager at a club event yesterday.

gray911 likes this.
  24. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    We just set up an account with them, opening December 1st

gray911 likes this.