What tools have you made/modified for your Ferrari | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What tools have you made/modified for your Ferrari

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Al Campbell, May 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Al Campbell

Al Campbell Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
  2. skl63

skl63 Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Excuse my ignorance, but what are all those long tools with red and blue handles. They look like Paintless dent removal tools.

3. Al Campbell

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    Yes these are PDR (Paintless Dent Removal) tools and are great for removing small dents.
    I have a large collection of 70's small Fords of which a lot of them are still in original paint and I like to keep them original.

skl63 likes this.
  4. Al Campbell

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    samsaprunoff, Tojo and Il Tifoso like this.
  5. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  6. Al Campbell

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    All good thanks Simon.
    You have probably seen the problems we have in Alice on the news so I don't get out much these days and with all the rock throwers around I haven't been in a rush to get the Ferrari back on the road but restored a GQ Patrol instead. :)
    Hope all is well over your way.
    Cheers,
    Al
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Hi Al,we don't have the rubbish you and Pap have to put up with.......yet!
    Our crime re stolen cars and burglaries are up but mainly in the town just north.

The GQ looks great,mate up the road has a one owner petrol ute AND a diesel wagon in white in as new .

Keep safe mate.

Al Campbell likes this.
  8. Paul C Cain

Paul C Cain Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 12, 2017
    Newport Beach Calif.
    Full Name:
    Paul C Cain
    Here is my tool off Ebay with $3.00 shipping from China. Socket was $12.00. 10 min of lathe work cost me $30. Should have just purchased the Koken tool!

Al your converted needle nose pliers with the box end clamping tool for the vacuum line is brilliant!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Paul C Cain

Paul C Cain Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 12, 2017
    Newport Beach Calif.
    Full Name:
    Paul C Cain
    Next up: 400i center exhaust clamping fixture to locate all flanges and connection features.
    My welder / fabricator gets full credit for this one.
    This will be used once to fabricate the 'sport exhaust' for the 1985 400i. The second image shows the new location of this center / single muffler. Using only one of three mufflers relocated in the mid section. Also using the small diameter pipes that connect to the header collectors.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

samsaprunoff and Al Campbell like this.
  10. Al Campbell

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    samsaprunoff and EastMemphis like this.
  11. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    A jig to allow me to move my front bumper without help. It also is used to stabilize the bumper while I'm working on it. The bumper looks like it was damaged by a heavy strike underneath that broke off several of the mounting tabs for the underbody shield. The repair some previous owner did used bondo as a structural element. Hardly the right material. The repair will use a flexible epoxy (Gel Magic) and 3/4" chopped stranded fiberglass.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Al Campbell likes this.
  12. Al Campbell

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    I love 3D printers. Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I thought about machining up a spacer to mount the degree wheel for dialing in the camshafts but then decided to design one in 3D Builder and print it out. It turned out perfect and a lot easier than turning one up on the lathe.
    If anyone would like the 3D file just PM me your email address and I'll send it through.

Cheers,
    Al
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

EastMemphis likes this.
  13. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    That is totally excellent! My kind of work. I love what can be done with some imagination, a good design program, and a 3D printer. What has amazed me about 3D printing is that it's so easy. Make a design, send it to the machine, wait a while and presto. Finished part. No machining required (well, usually).

You should upload your design to https://www.printables.com/. It's a good repository.

Al Campbell likes this.