430 - Squeeky power windows | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 Squeeky power windows

Discussion in '360/430' started by craze, Mar 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    No my windows are not tinted. I think OP may be right about it being a material wear issue. Maybe the “fur” that is on some of the seals gets worn down or something like that. Interested to see what is found out about this. In the meantime, I will try some gummi-pflege on the top seals this Sunday when I replace my battery to see if it does anything to help. That stuff works wonders on BMW squeaks and creaks like the infamous E9x rubber door seal creaking!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Spleen

Spleen Karting

Mar 2, 2021
    UK, West Berkshire
    Full Name:
    Spleen
    OP, did you get a fix? I have the exact same problem.

3. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yes, silicon and window polish and graphite powder will not fix it! Its the adjustment of the window glass, however there is no actual procedure for correct adjustment, it needs to be done by trial or error or someone with good experience on these cars!

It was the most irritating thing that annoyed me on this car, go figure the most expensive car i ever had, had the most irritating noise LOL

4. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    and it pissed me off as i replaced all the window seals cost over $1000 au! grrr no difference

5. Spleen

Spleen Karting

Mar 2, 2021
    UK, West Berkshire
    Full Name:
    Spleen
    Ok, thanks.