Wanted - F430 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wanted F430

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by mcavinder, Dec 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kingp0820

kingp0820 Rookie

Dec 6, 2017
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Ramon Periquet Jr
    for high end cars I truly believe paying higher for a well maintained one becomes the better financial move over time. most repairs to these cars aren't cheap so if you get a cheap one to start with and save 10k or so, that will be spent and maybe more pretty soon. I paid a bit more for mine compared to what was for sale that time and in over 2 years of ownership no problems outside of regular annual maintenance... plus it's specd exactly as I wanted. good luck.

2. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

#27 VAF84, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    I don't know if you noticed, but your MMR transactions show that the two red F430's were the ones that sold for more than $100k. The third for $70k had to have major issues to go for that. It's fairly well known that everyone and their mother is looking for a red/tan Ferrari. Therefore, I've estimated that one pays a $10k premium for the color combo compared to it's equivalent condition, but different colored F430. So if your average decent shape F430 goes for $95k, the similar spec in Red/Tan or Red/black goes for $105k.

Furthermore, IMO purchasing a now older (15 yr old) car like the F430 requires tradeoffs. A lot of strong mechanically examples may be weak on the cosmetics. Flip side of the coin, you may have a perfect cosmetic low mileage example with high risk of mechanical due to lack of use. Unless you have a uber wealthy owner that pours money into having a museum spec example (which would sell for above the price you seek), your average owner may have to make tradeoffs when deciding which car to buy, or what issues to address. Maybe the stickies are deferred for other fixes. Maybe proactive replacement of mechanics versus mis-aligned windows. Maybe the daily driver examples has perfect mechanics but poor paint or weakened door handles. And on and on. Personally, I'd start considering some acceptable tradeoffs to you, as I think you're looking for a unicorn. You're basically asking for a mint red/tan F430 at $95k. I mean I hope it happens for you as it'd be the deal of a lifetime, but as someone who keeps a pulse on these and has experienced the costs/issues of ownership, I just don't think it's realistic.

Regarding the 458, I don't see prices dropping that much, I think there's still a huge demand even in the $140-170k range where the less expensive coupes are at. IMO I think prices are holding at the moment (maybe some inflation too). Without a 458 drop, the F430 won't dip because it's the first of the modern Ferrari's not requiring the engine out service. To me it's a big selling point. Additionally, there's nothing else at F430 price point that provides a comparable driving experience.

NMNMNMN, SpencerMarks, PBT58 and 3 others like this.
  3. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B

Yes, good commentary. To add, the 22k mile '05 red/tan F1 F430 Berlinetta (in Phx) that ended up on a fraud ad here for $70k last month sold much to my delight. That was a solid car and ended up selling for mid $90's.

VAF84 likes this.
  4. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Just to give a little context, I traded my 2007 F430 in last month. Argento exterior and Nero interior with 15,500 miles. I accepted $85k for it as part of the deal.

Texas Forever and VAF84 like this.
  5. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    You’re going to have a hard time. I remember posting my opinion a couple months ago and it will hold true, you gotta be patient! But for 95k it might not happen, as prices are going up. As for the 458, goodluck as well. They’re not coming down in price anytime soon based on my observations. Cars that were once 140-145k during the beginning of last year are now 150-160k, even on Fchat. Worth the wait though I love mine.

mcavinder and kingp0820 like this.
  6. MaCar

MaCar Rookie

Apr 25, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Mahesh
    I had been researching F430s for the last 6 months and finally pulled the trigger and got myself a beautiful 2007 Red on Tan - it did cost $104K delivered and is totally worth it.

I had a PPI done and the dealer covered the cost of replacing a leaking valve gasket. Other than that, the car passed all other checks.

The price did seem a tad bit high, but it did check all my requirement boxes.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Loucho26

Loucho26 Rookie

May 19, 2019
    New york
    Full Name:
    Anzelmo giovanniello
    How many miles?

8. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    If it's the one I'm thinking of it was 20k and change, like 20,8xx.

9. mcavinder

mcavinder Karting

Oct 29, 2020
    Sunshine State
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Budget increased to $105k

10. MaCar

MaCar Rookie

Apr 25, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Mahesh
    Yes, that's the one :)

armedferret likes this.
  11. MaCar

MaCar Rookie

Apr 25, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Mahesh
    armedferret likes this.
  12. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    I never owned any Red F cars. Silver Testarossa & Grigio Titanio 430.

13. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  14. mcavinder

mcavinder Karting

Oct 29, 2020
    Sunshine State
    Full Name:
    Mike
  15. MaCar

MaCar Rookie

Apr 25, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Mahesh
    I had the same issue when I bought my car. I had a full PPI done and used that as a basis to make a decision.
    Based on what I have seen (other F430s), I was looking for a car that was well taken care of, and that one does look clean. I test drove it and everything worked as I expected.

16. mcavinder

mcavinder Karting

Oct 29, 2020
    Sunshine State
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Do you mind me asking what made you purchase your current Ferrari and pass on this one? Thanks.

17. MaCar

MaCar Rookie

Apr 25, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Mahesh
    Milage - that's it.
    This one is around 25K and the one I got had a shade under 21K.
    Plus this is 2006 and the one I got is 2007.

mcavinder likes this.
  18. mcavinder

mcavinder Karting

Oct 29, 2020
    Sunshine State
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Found a car... potentially; albeit unlikely. I kindly ask anyone without dealership experience to hold their thoughts.

1. 2006 F430 - 2 owner and checks all of my boxes (please see my first post).
    2. Has fewer miles than I'd like @ 10k (please don't hijack this thread with your thoughts on proper mileage... I drive my cars... on my deathbed I won't be regretting putting too many miles on my cars. To each their own, of course).
    3. Dealer states she was purchased from a local dealership (I pressed them on auction vs window-sticker-dealer who I called.... "we'll get back with you")
    4. Video of cold-start... "We'll get back with you"
    5. F1 pump run-time? "We'll get back with you:
    6. ANY information about the vehicle's history or how you came to represent her? {"To know every detail about [our] few Ferrari's is quite hard" (I'm not looking for every detail... just some record of the dealer's equivalent due diligence)}.

I found the the window-sticker from the dealership and, unlike the current seller, contacted them directly. Original-owner dealership states the last annual service was completed in 2016. 2nd owner had the car for 500 miles and 6 months. 60% clutch remaining. Front bumper was repainted because of a "scratch".

The dealership has 0 (zero) knowledge about her service history. Is it a common practice for dealerships to purchase within their dealership network without ANY knowledge of the vehicle's past?

19. mcavinder

mcavinder Karting

Oct 29, 2020
    Sunshine State
    Full Name:
    Mike
    MaCar likes this.
  20. futureferraribuyer

futureferraribuyer Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2010
    Hi, just sent you a message about my 2005 F430 red and tan with shade under 40000 miles. Owned for about 7 years and have clean title in my name. Sorted by Eugenio's Ferrari Service. No repaint, accidents, track use, rentals etc and everything works as it should and I drive it every week. Would be happy to provide pictures and video's if you want.

21. mcavinder

mcavinder Karting

Oct 29, 2020
    Sunshine State
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for all your help everyone! I've decided to pursue a 458 Italia instead with basically the same configuration and $150k budget. I'm not sure if there is a way to end/close this thread but wanted to let everyone know. Thanks again!

22. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    360 was the first one, not F430, no?

23. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Good catch! I was thinking of the belts, the F430 is the first with a timing chain. If I remember correctly on the 360 you can remove the part of the wall behind the seats to access the belt so no more need for engine out. However still an added cost and source of anxiety. F430 more of a modern car with little maintenance required to drive it.