RTP Service options - Post your experiences | Page 2 | FerrariChat

RTP Service options - Post your experiences

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Steelton Keith, Jan 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    They pulled everything back to their main facility. They have a labor rate for a tech with 7 years experience of $ 130 and hour. Terry was $ 115.

2. Diehl Jones

Diehl Jones Rookie

Jul 3, 2020
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Diehl Jones
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. jines

jines Rookie

Nov 13, 2017
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    J. Ines
    He Left? Like, for lunch? Or he's no longer employed there? Wow- just when I was feeling good because we potentially had a capable tech in the triangle area.. Keith, please update us!

4. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    The service manager said he quit. The tech said Kanon went into a job not related to cars. I'd need to have a thorough look at who they have employed and the their qualifications before I would take any of my cars there again. I do not relish the idea of using FCI although others are happy with them. Marc and others have told me Steve Barney is trying to retire. I would trust him with me cars without question, although it's a 75 minute drive

5. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Just to clarify...Tom Jones (tech) at Sport Auto is trying to retire. I'm not sure what Steve Barney's sentiment is for himself...

6. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    sorry. thanks Marc. My mistake.

7. BobinNC

BobinNC Rookie

Oct 15, 2013
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Bob Breed
    Like they cleaned out the shop????

Diehl Jones likes this.
  8. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Hi Bob. Good to hear from you. When I was in there two kids were taking boxes of stuff, putting it into a truck and they told me they were moving "everything" back across the street to the Club. I do not know if they moved any heavy equipment. We really miss Terry, and we miss you as well. Terry's loss has left a gaping hole in the exotic community here, second only to the loss of his friendship.

Diehl Jones likes this.
  9. BobinNC

BobinNC Rookie

Oct 15, 2013
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Bob Breed
    Wow.... Josh and are are amazed but not surprised!!!

Diehl Jones likes this.
  10. John Geiger

John Geiger Rookie

Aug 8, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    John Geiger
    I was shocked to hear about Terry. I have been taking my California to him for about a year and he was always knowledgeable and pricing was very fair. I found out when I called his number and I thought at first I was talking to his Son but quickly learned that I was talking to a guy named John from Carolina Exotic Car Club who informed what had happened and that they had bought all of Terry's assets/tools etc. John told me he would call me back with an estimate for the work I was wanting done but I've never heard back from him. It's been two weeks. Doesn't instill a lot of confidence. Anybody had them do any work for you? I definitely don't want to have to drive an hour to deal with FCI if at all possible.

Diehl Jones likes this.
  11. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    see my post # 29 above. PM me if you want to. Keith

12. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Took the 328 down to Tom at Sport Auto yesterday for a thorough going over and some minor fixes

wfu97 and Diehl Jones like this.