F8 - F8 Daytona seats power question | FerrariChat

F8 F8 Daytona seats power question

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by StevenF8, Mar 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Hi guys I have a question on the regular Daytona seats for the F8. If I don’t spec out the full electric seats (RSFE) are there any parts of the driver seat that is powered? Or the whole seat is manually operated?
    Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I just received my F8 spider with Daytona seats and forgot to order the electric portion. My last 3 Fcars have had electric Daytona seats and truthfully I don’t miss it. There is a handle for back and forth and a large knob for the tilt portion , nothing else. Best , Kirk.

3. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Thanks can you please send me a pic of the side of the seat

4. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

GT2goneF and Chizz like this.
  5. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    I think the most significant limitation of non-powered is no seat height adjustment.

6. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    jm2 and Cigarzman like this.
  7. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Yup I’m still deciding between Daytona seats with full power or Daytona racing seats

Cigarzman likes this.
  8. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I use this for the hight adjustment. :)

xBox, Chizz and jm2 like this.
  9. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Race seats belong in this car!

View attachment 511459

Attached Files:

10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I was under the impression that you'd get a limited electric powered seat, basic function, no electric steering wheel or mirror functions. I guess, you don't get anything at all?

11. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Tilt and telescopic wheel is manual and mirror functions are full on electric , folding etc.

12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Only standard in certain countries like Australia. But FULL Electric seats were standard in the 488 series. The only manual seats you can get in our market is the racing seats. I think the thing you miss is the lumbar adjustments and the electric telescope steering wheel.

13. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I am still verifying with my dealer in the US hopefully I should have final clarification soon. Different markets have different standard type power options from what I now understand.

14. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Also you get heated seats on full electric, passenger side mirror goes down when parking, steering wheel is power and goes up and down when entering / exit. You also get lumbar, side bolster support.

15. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I love my full electric daytona seats. Did same color inserts out of alcantara. Easy to make minor adjustments when driving distances, the heaters are nice and I would only get racing seats if I wore a helmet when driving. Perhaps I should, but it would mess up my bald pate. :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

xBox and GT2goneF like this.
  16. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    The mirror down function is great for parking. Is there no way to get that with the Daytona racing seats?

17. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    I believe it's only an option with RSFE which is fully electric seats. It's an $8200 option.

18. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Unfortunately No and also no memory storing option. Racing seats are the best looking seats though In my opinion and very comfortable

GT2goneF likes this.
  19. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I’m opting for the racing seats this time around. Ironically they are more comfortable IMO because of the lateral support and contour to my body style. I appreciate all folks are different.

I won’t miss the electric adjustment, I mostly just played with it if I got bored, lol. But I will miss heated seats. They worked great in a spider in cool weather.

I did get the seat lift, which is basically a $2,500 manual pump. But it’s more for my wife.

Also won’t miss the electric adjustable steering wheel. Had the car a year before I realized it was even there.

GT2goneF likes this.
  20. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I struggled with this decision and went with the race seats with no regrets! Also no lifter for me, but I did buy the Hill engineering kit incase I ever want some adjustability.

wthensler and GT2goneF like this.