Recommendation needed - Insurance for GTC4Lusso T | FerrariChat

Recommendation needed - Insurance for GTC4Lusso T

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Nopsled, Mar 10, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nopsled

Nopsled Rookie

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Abby
    Hi All - looking for some options to help with insuring my GTC4Lusso t - Existing auto insurance is just being too slow to respond. Any pointers are welcome! Would love if someone can point me to folks or services that they have actually used :)

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    PURE in the USA

3. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi Abby, call Paul Taeschler !! He has helped over 100 of my clients!!!!!!!! THEY ARE VERY HAPPY :)
    Paul-Cell # 908-358-5188
    [email protected]

4. JohnnyTT

JohnnyTT Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm insuring with Geico. You have to get the quote over the phone and give them the VIN. It was pretty easy.

Will be about $1500 a year.

5. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Just a fyi.. not sure if it makes a difference but they won't insure unless your primary resident is insured with them and over 1mm

I have used and use american modern home

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

6. wilcal72

wilcal72 Rookie

Jan 9, 2021
    Princeton, NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil cal
    I had Geico for over 10 yrs, just got my GTC4 lusso amd they told me they don’t do Ferrari so I had to go with New Jersey manufacturer

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    They do Ferrari, just not over $150k. Source - I had my FF insured with them.

8. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

American Modern. Great rates, 3,000 miles/year limit, one driver only! Works for me!

9. JohnnyTT

JohnnyTT Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    John
    Hello there. I live in NJ too. Now I'm remembering the conversation....the agent said "it's not listed" just like on the website. I told them I've heard otherwise, so they had to ask somebody with a clue.

He quickly came back, apologized, and said yes we do. They also asked the new car value, I told them $320k. They were fine.

I also asked the dealer what he sees, and he mentioned he sees geico a lot.

10. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    Google "collector car insurance" and you'll get hits for all the major players that insure exotic cars. These offer agreed value policies, which is what you want. Don't get regular car insurance where you have to fight over the payout. With agreed value, the value is stated and agreed upon by both parties at the outset, and in the event of a total loss, the stated value is paid out without any fighting or jerking around. Hagerty, American Collectors, Leland-West, Grundy, etc.

I've used Hagerty for all my toy cars since 2003 and they're always easy to deal with. I even had to file a claim once ($21,000 of damage) and they were wonderful through the whole process. I highly recommend them.

11. JohnnyTT

JohnnyTT Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks for the info. I quoted them to see where they would be, it came to $3400.

I'm not saying they are better or worse, because I don't have any experience. Just wanted to be informative.

Great service had value, it just depends how much.

12. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    A few factors? Where are you located? Is this your primary car? Number of miles a year driven?

I use Grundy for my Lusso. More than enough miles at 8K. $1750 a year agreed value. They do require min insurance and primary vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Nopsled

Nopsled Rookie

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Abby
    Thank you all for the suggestions! starting to reach out to the brokers today :) - will update this thread!

14. Nopsled

Nopsled Rookie

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Abby
    Hi all - wanted to give a shoutout to @Yellow Compass - for recommending Paul T - great response time, quick turnaround and very competitive rate - Very happy with the experience. Safeco, Liberty Mutual (my existing insurance provider) could not match the rates that he could get me.

Cheers and stay safe everyone!

Yellow Compass likes this.
  15. JohnnyTT

JohnnyTT Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    John
    Great to hear. What were the different rates you received?