Carbon Fiber Engine Cover | FerrariChat

Carbon Fiber Engine Cover

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Live Wire, Apr 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Live Wire

Live Wire Rookie

Mar 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    MICHAEL P.
    Just finished installing the engine bay on my 488. Super easy to DIY. I got it from MyRicambi. Denis and Ian were very helpful!
    I also did the side skirts which were a bit more involved but again with a quick phone call on Saturday I was able to complete it in a couple hours. Very happy with the final product and the service.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Alex@TAG

Alex@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex@TAGMotorsports
    Looks great! Its the little things haha. :)

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    On a car like this - which has the engine in open display- the difference between having and not having the carbon can make or break the expectations from those viewing (owner inc).

4. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Myricambi are AWESOME GUYS... I have plenty of pieces from them.. next get the trunk bonnet.. its well worth it

5. Live Wire

Live Wire Rookie

Mar 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    MICHAEL P.
    Here is a pic of the side skirts and door handles. It was late in the day and cloudy (Seattle Sucks!) the CF pops much more on the gray car in full daylight. Like I said earlier, it is a bit more work but doable by the average dude if you are a little mechanical and patient.
    Door handles and engine compartment were a breeze.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Live Wire

Live Wire Rookie

Mar 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    MICHAEL P.
    Could not agree more!

7. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I had the factory carbon fiber in my 430 and loved it. Now that I have a 458 Spider, I still want to do this! Great upgrade!

8. 488mct

488mct Rookie

Feb 6, 2017
    Oman
    WOW ! I think I have the same spec as you, Grigio Silverstone and Cuio interior. The CF pieces look amazing !! Congratulations on a sweet ride. I am inspired to do the same CF treatment as you.

9. Live Wire

Live Wire Rookie

Mar 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    MICHAEL P.
    Almost. I have the Bordeaux interior. It is hard to see in the photos. I think the engine is a must on a GTB. I did not even realize how much better it would look until it was done.

10. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    I got the scuderia shield i ncarbon fiber from them for my 488 and are just awesome!!

11. Live Wire

Live Wire Rookie

Mar 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    MICHAEL P.
    Picture? I would love to see it.

12. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Great upgrade !

Can you tell us about doing the sideskirts and doorhandles ? Are there any tricks to know ?

13. Live Wire

Live Wire Rookie

Mar 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    MICHAEL P.
    Door handles: super easy, just one allen screw and they slide backwards off the lever. One side was a little tighter and needed some WD40 and a light tap. Make sure to use locktite on the screw when you secure it back on.
    Side Skirts: There are 9 allen bolts on the bottom, you take those off and then put the CF panel on with all the screws to make sure it fits and the screw holes line up, then remove it and use the (warmed up) RV silicon they provide with a bead about 3/4" from the top of the inside of the CF panel, put it in place and put all the screws in but do not tighten then use lots of masking tape to pull the skirts up as high as possible by pulling the tape up and over the top of the car, you need the tape pulling up and in, a few hours later tighten the bolts, remove the tape. Ian walked me through it on the phone. i would suggest you dry fit them and then talk to the the guys at MyRicambi before you put the glue on. No jacks needed. It took me about 2 hours.

14. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
  15. Live Wire

Live Wire Rookie

Mar 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    MICHAEL P.
  16. Coxey2610

Coxey2610 Rookie

Mar 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven Cox
    That looks sweet

17. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I notice that you have the fluid stickers on the drivers side CF engine bay cover. Did they come with them affixed?