812 Rear Window recall rescinded? | FerrariChat

812 Rear Window recall rescinded?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Tim Ryan, Mar 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tim Ryan

Tim Ryan Karting

Jul 3, 2020
    Lincoln, California
    Full Name:
    Tim Ryan
    I received a call from my Dealer Service Department that stated the Recall for the "Rear Window" was rescinded by Ferrari.
    Anybody else get this notification?

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Not rescinded.
    Incorrect information.

Who is your dealer?

Marcel Massini

3. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I still have it on My Ferrari and I’ve ordered it to my dealer . He told me I have to wait for a while .

4. Tim Ryan

Tim Ryan Karting

Jul 3, 2020
    Lincoln, California
    Full Name:
    Tim Ryan
    Hi Marcel,
    My Dealer is Ferrari of San Francisco, I received a call on (3/5/21) Friday evening at 6:00pm telling me that the parts are not in and that Ferrari has Rescinded the Recall.
    Not sure what to do about this? I had another issue they were going to address when I brought the car in for the recall. They made me an appointment for Monday at 10:00am (Thanks for the advanced notice) Tried to call back but it was after business hours. I will call them in the morning to get clarification.

5. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    My VIN wasn't popping up for the recall when I made my annual service appointment. Of course, when I picked up the car, it was showing the recall. They had to order the parts, but they came in a week. Haven't had it done yet.

6. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I am in the US my dealer is replacing my rear window this week. They were waiting for the adhesive to come in. I am the third 812 they will have completed.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    PM me your serial number.

Marcel Massini

8. Tim Ryan

Tim Ryan Karting

Jul 3, 2020
    Lincoln, California
    Full Name:
    Tim Ryan
    Hi Marcel,
    I spoke to the dealer this morning and the Recall is on hold and no parts are available, the service writer said that if and when the parts become available I should get another letter.

Tim

9. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The recall is not on hold. The replacement parts (rear windows) are simply still not (yet) available. We talk about 5'000 units needed. And Covid. Supply chain totally interrupted.

Marcel Massini

Thecadster and Caeruleus11 like this.
  10. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    I got the same answer Ferrari has put the recall on hold. My dealer is in Chicago. No parts available yet and no ETA.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    My dad was also told that recall did not affect his 812SF. I posted about it and Marcel was correct. So I called the service manager. The rear windshield is getting replaced this week. I don't know why there is so much misinformation. Thanks Marcel!

Gh21631 likes this.
  12. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    See post #9.

Marcel Massini

13. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Yes been following.

14. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Latest update fir dealers that did receive the recall “kits” the recall work will be done. The issue is a part shortage primarily with the glue ( I guess the glue manufacturers ran out of horses!!).

The recall is not technically on hold it is still in place.

I was lucky my window was just replaced.

For everyone’s sake I hope there are no window blow outs or injury before the supply issue is resolved.

Be safe.

15. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Rear glass not yet replaced, after multiple 100+ with windows down recently can confirm my rear glass hasn't exited the vehicle. But I haven't approached the magic speed of 160mph to cause it to happen, and don't plan on it

16. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    My dealer advised me that any tint on the new glass will be at my expense. Keep that in mind if you have tinted your rear glass

17. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Was told the same. It’s not a lot of $$’s but you would think Ferrari would pick up the cost or at least bill it back to the adhesive company.

18. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Because not all dealerships are getting the parts. Mine still doesn't have them and when I spoke to them back in November about doing it with my annual service in March they said they were sure the parts would be available by then. I am taking the car in this morning but there is no ETA for when they will have the parts.

19. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    My dealer said that at first, my car did not have its vin number as part of the recall. Since then, a month ago, they have added my vin and apparently, Ferrari is thinking to just do all the 812 and replace the window with new adhesive. My dealer says the parts would be here in the first week of April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    ALL 812 SF (except the very few not built prior to late October 2020) were recalled, right from the beginning of the recall (Recall #73).
    What is the serial number of your 812? Happy to check if your car was on the recall right from day one. I believe your dealer is mis-informed.
    You can PM me if you like.

Marcel Massini

21. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    In a slightly unrelated note, would you happen to have any info on when these last few cars will be produced Marcel? Or have they all been made?

22. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    This has been discussed several times before already. Please use the search function.

Marcel Massini

23. SecretSquirrari

SecretSquirrari Karting

Dec 3, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    J
    FWIW, I got a call from my dealer today, in which he let me know that they had received "several" recall kits, and I made an appointment to drop off my car (2020 812SF chassis #248628) on Monday afternoon. They'll do the replacement on Tuesday, and I should be able to pick the car up on Wednesday (to allow the adhesive to cure overnight).

24. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    My car has a recall kit reserved, waiting for an install date. Serial number 257794

25. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    My 812 SF will be fixed next week Monday, #255407, in Switzerland.

Marcel Massini