355 - Ferrari 355 destroyed | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 Ferrari 355 destroyed

Discussion in '348/355' started by eyboro, Feb 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    This makes no sense. Don't we have similar laws here with regards to hooning?? But even if that was the case, wouldn't they be better off selling the vehicle?

Qavion likes this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The company that ''disposed'' of the car even claims they're ''market leaders'' for environmentally disposing of vehicles...what a load of ****!

Couldn't find any news articles on it but someone in the comments claims it was seized (presumably police/tax office) and had to be disposed off. Bizarre, as I do believe there's a government auction that re-sells seized vehicles. Not quite sure on the regulations in Netherlands but I'm sure it means the VIN is essentially erased and not allowed to be re-registered any more. The disposing makes zero sense. Almost the entire thing could've been taken apart and sold for parts. Hell, even the chassis might've been able to be a track only car...or essentially used to re-shell another crashed 355 (just make sure the VIN is in the bin).

MAD828 and ShineKen like this.
  3. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    What a waste..... Has to be a wild backstory to go that route.

One less 355 in the world and they aren't making anymore.

4. Repack

Repack Rookie

Nov 15, 2007
    Nederland
    This is at a scrapyard a mile from where I live. I have never seen this F355 before and never heard of anyone who owned one around here.(besides me). The scrapyard wouldn't tell me the exact reason why it was scrapped because that was confidential information. They just stated "the car had to be destroyed completely and no parts of it were allowed to be sold"

Robbe likes this.
  5. Robbe

Robbe Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2013
    The Netherlands
    Living in The Netherlands, I am shocked seeing this.
    And I see no reason at all to crush it, even if it has no VIN. (No speed ticket can cause this)
    A dealer in damaged cars had one for sale a few years back, with the remark that it was not for sale as a whole, only as parts or for export outside the EU.
    That sounded to me as a VIN problem, a car that will never get papers again. But it ended up at a garage, so why not this car?

And as I am still looking for some structural parts for my pearl white GTS (front firewall, or whatever it is called, where the lights are), this car had the parts that I can't find now...it is a shame...

jimmym and Qavion like this.