Auto Sparks UK, wiring looms | FerrariChat

Auto Sparks UK, wiring looms

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by swift53, Mar 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
  2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    No experience, but would be interesting to know how/why theirs is priced less than half of ones produced by others.
    Care to do an experiment, Alberto and share your findings here ?

Also, they list a harness for Daytona, making me wonder which one of several different factory produced sets its modeled after, if any and how accurately ? RHD vs. LHD ? Euro vs. US ? Early, mid or late production ? Etc...

3. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I agree Timo, how many versions for the Daytona alone? One size fits all?

The Alfa Romeo Giulia is less than 400 GBP.
    Let's see if anyone, opines.
    This is their reply to my enquiry:

"Thank you for your email
    The best way for you to find the right harness for your vehicle is to use our online harness finder - https://www.autosparks.co.uk/finder - it asks you a series of questions and then displays all of the harnesses we have to suit your vehicle.
    A user guide for the finder can be found here - https://www.autosparks.co.uk/finder-user-guide
    Once we have confirmed the required part numbers we will be able to advise what is included and if any modifications are needed to meet your requirements."

I did, and no reply on a request for 4 wiring looms.

They do not do telephone calls as of yet.

Regards, Alberto

4. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Timo,
    Got more replies in Dino land, take a look!

5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I saw those, but...

... how many, along with referenced “others” are based on hands-on/personal experiences after installation to given applications or level of expectations (of good enough) ?

I’ve installed replacements (+ consulted manufacturers), repaired or built (from scratch) at least 2-3 dozen wiring harnesses for variety of vintage cars over the past few decades and have discovered one for Daytonas being so far most problematic.
    For example and as I’ve mentioned before, I have 4 factory drawn schematics for them, but none are accurate, complete nor matched several different OEM harnesses I’ve encountered in the cars themselves...

..., but OTOH, I’ve been known to over-analyze things, perhaps more than I should.

swift53 likes this.
  6. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Timo,
    Went into their website deeper than before, and their manufacturing process looks very high tech.
    I just hope they are not related to the Dino door glass manufacturers!

Guess I will order one, cheap Alfa Giulia harness and see how it goes.
    If it passes muster, I might venture with the rest.
    I would just like to call and be able to talk to a human, and throw a few pokes, see the reaction.

Regards, Alberto