458 - Official 458 Italia/Spider Tool Kit Contents | FerrariChat

458 Official 458 Italia/Spider Tool Kit Contents

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rexcat458, Mar 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hello,

I purchased my 2015 458 Italia in December of 2019. Whilst it did come with a genuine “458 Italia” tool kit, it looked like there were some items missing. Blimey!

I researched the ‘net and found a plethora of opinions on what my 2015 tool kit should contain... Ugh! Some sources indicated a pair of pliers were included, others said some box wrenches were included (my kit did not have any pliers or wrenches).

Since there were some empty pockets, it looked like some items might be missing. I called around and was able to get an official Ferrari diagram of the tool kit contents from the parts manager at a dealer.

(I should note that these photos are for a 2015 458 Italia/Spider, other model years might have different items. Check with a dealer if you want to be certain of your specific year). Based on these diagrams, I’m not missing any items. Woo hoo!!!

Note 1:) There is a pouch in the back of the tool kit that is supposed to contain an additional pair of gloves, some sleeve protectors and a cleaning cloth (presumably to keep you in good nick, whilst you’re changing a tire). These are identified as group #16, item #17, #18 and #19. These are only included *if* you ordered the spare tire.

Note 2:) Item #42 only applies if you have the Spider version.

Note 3:) Item #7 is an orange coloured fuse puller. It is unclear in the indicated diagram.

So, at least I finally know what Ferrari actually put in the car when it was sold and that my kit is complete! Alas, It did not contain pliers or wrenches, as these were used in earlier models.

Hopefully, this will help others who are missing parts of their kit, or those that want to ensure your tool kit is in good nick and well sorted.

P.S. I’m still missing the Ferrari Maglight pocket torch... The quest continues!

Cheers!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    For future F-Chat member reference, here is a photo of the 458 Italia tool kit laid out with all of its contents.

If you have the spare tire option, or the Spider variant there are additional bits of kit. See the above post for details on additional contents.

Cheers!

Image Unavailable, Please Login