The Speciale has Arrived! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Speciale has Arrived!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by tvg, Feb 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Congratulations!! So, so beautiful.

2. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Damn it!!!!!

I am right there with Italiafan above. I have never been so jealous of a car. I have been watching for a metallic red speciale and this car is it. I would love a fuoco, fiorano or maranello. Most perfect thing I have ever seen. Luckily my Italia has the same interior and I love her so....but this is perfection.

Care to share how you found her? Someone looking for you? You finally broke down your car club buddy and made him an offer he couldn’t refuse?

My deepest congratulations on the find. She is stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  3. mattytoe23

mattytoe23 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    As far as I know, it was only listed on eBay

4. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Congrats on an epic Speciale and welcome to the club! Truly adore mine, like italiafan I daydream of adding a 2nd one from time to time the car is that good.

Bundy likes this.
  5. tvg

tvg Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2010
    You know, I was right there with everyone else looking daily online for a Speciale for the last 6-8 months. I went from Google to all of the usual sites and many of the cars were listed on multiple sites. I occasionally checked eBay but they usually had relatively few Speciales listed and they were usually cars I had already seen on the other sites I visited daily. I hadn't checked eBay in about a month when I decided to look again on a Wednesday night at 8pm and when I saw the Rosso Maranello color, the 724 miles, and the leather interior I immediately emailed to get more information and received a response within about 5 minutes. I then had a 5 minute phone call to learn more about the car and by 7am the next morning I made an offer that was accepted by 9am. Since this car checked all of my personal taste boxes I decided to act quickly and I was fortunate it worked out. The hardest part about it was that it was unable to be transported from the east coast for about 3 weeks because of the winter storms but it finally arrived here last Friday and it's even more beautiful in person than the pictures showed.

Chizz, sisiay, LVP488 and 3 others like this.
  6. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Then it was meant to be. I will admit, I never looked more than a couple times at eBay when I was looking for my italia and never thought of going back to check. Awesome story. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Congratulations! Amazing spec, welcome to the speciale club :)

8. ilCapo

ilCapo Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2020
    Italy, Canada, the Cayman Islands
    Full Name:
    Frank Schilling
    Really, really nice car. On my list too. Timing is everything though. Enjoy it. May it bring a smile to your face, and energy to your soul.

9. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    724 miles! You better get out there and drive that thing! Poor baby has just been waiting to go.

GT2goneF likes this.
  10. Andy Taylor

Andy Taylor Rookie

Jun 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Andrew Mark Taylor
    That looks gorgeous, congratulations! Are you keeping the 458? Reason I ask is that I had a 430 Spider and then bought a Scuderia to go with it, really for track days. I never really drove the Spider much after that.

11. gt corsa

gt corsa Rookie

Jan 12, 2014
    pacific palisades ca
    Full Name:
    dennis white
  12. Ghouzzz

Ghouzzz Rookie

Mar 28, 2016
    Beautiful color combo. Thanks for the comments on how it compares to Pista and 458 Italia.

13. David246GT

David246GT Rookie

Mar 5, 2019
    Gulf coast of Florida
    Full Name:
    David
    Ooohh, Ahhhh (!)
    Just breathtakingly beautiful -- drive it (drive it!) in good health.

GT2goneF likes this.
  14. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    might be one of the best out there. RM. love it on my 812, and would kill to find it on a Speciale.

15. tvg

tvg Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2010
    I am planning on keeping the 458 Italia. I still love that car and it was also my first Ferrari when I ordered it in 2013.

GT2goneF and Eilig like this.
  16. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Italia definitely worth keeping, even when adding Speciale.

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. Daniel Rigby

Daniel Rigby Rookie

Sep 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    CrocodileBoy
    I personally prefer alcantara, but understand why some prefer leather, however the Rosso Maranello paint is absolutely stunning, and you have one of the most gorgeous looking Speciales out there in my opinion. Congratulations!!!

18. Giallo27

Giallo27 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    JB
    What
    A
    Car