FCA Track Day at AMP | FerrariChat

FCA Track Day at AMP

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Dicecal, Mar 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Just signed up for the FCA desert region track day at AMP on April 10th. AMP is the best track in the metro area (not including APEX). Should be a fun event, although it looks like lead/follow and only 2 sessions...

2. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I tried for 20 years to get the FCA characters to participate in a track day..... to no avail. The final time I brought it up, a member raised his hand and told me if I wanted Ferrari people to come to track day I needed to arrange:

1. Catering
    2. Detail service
    3. Massage therapist

I threw the towel in after that. Best of luck. Hopefully, the member make up has more driving enthusiasts than poseurs, than it did a few years ago. I kept telling these guys that by not learning how to drive their cars in a track day environment, they are missing out on a big part of the experience of owning these cars.

[email protected] likes this.
  3. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Looks like 10 folks signed up so far last I checked, we’ll see how it goes. AMP is great, just hate driving out to the west side.

4. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Lead follow? As in "parade laps" where the slowest sets the pace for all behind?

That not a track day (I'm not sure what I'd call it, other than "parade laps").

Fun!

5. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Certainly not the best. From what I understand there will be 2 run groups: novice and experienced. The lead car will be driven by some sort of track rep/instructor, lead follow after that.... See if they might turn us loose later in the day for open lapping..still better than hammering it down I-10...

6. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    It's perfect for the FCA guys....... a 'parade lap' is kind of what they do on Scottsdale Rd. anyway! :)
    Getting 10 of these characters near a track is a minor miracle in and of itself!

fatbillybob likes this.
  7. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #7 Dicecal, Apr 11, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    Happy to report a very nice day! Track was swept to clean prior to our event, and the experienced group had 3 20 min sessions of open lapping- No lead follow.

Zcobra1 likes this.