Advice on Roma spec | FerrariChat

Advice on Roma spec

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ptriggs_official, Mar 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ptriggs_official

May 7, 2020
    I know this might sound odd but my non-GT Ferraris I tend to order in more subtle colors (cars are already aggressive looking so I like the color to be understated) but for Roma I’m ordering it in TDF and getting close to finalizing spec. Kids are insisting on shields but I just can’t figure out whether that’s correct call - thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
    I didn't order shields on mine. I think the lines are graceful as is. The shields break that clean line in my opinion.

Andy

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

NYC Fred and tomc like this.
  3. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    If I were you, I would have choose the Roma in TDF blue with no shields. It also depends on what kind of color (colour?) leather you chose and the color of the calipers

NYC Fred likes this.
  4. ptriggs_official

May 7, 2020
    Cuoio interior - I haven’t picked calipers because as you point out it’s kind of dependent on shields or not - so was trying to make that decision first

5. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
  6. ptriggs_official

May 7, 2020
  7. aepma

aepma Rookie

Jul 24, 2013
    Europe
    A blue variant will look super cool. You can’t go wrong with a blue Roma.
    I initially wanted to order without shields, but the dealership insisted it would go well with the yellow callipers I selected, so I gave in.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I went for the complete stealth look: no shields, aluminium calipers and cf wheel centers. As was previously said, the car has beautiful flowing lines that in my opinion are shown best without distraction to the eye.

pk328 likes this.
  9. DavidPutty

DavidPutty Karting

Jan 19, 2020
    Del Boca Vista
    I have a Cali T in tdf with silver calipers. Great combo!

10. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    pk328 and Mav0007 like this.
  11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I am a no shields guy, in general, and I think the Roma's lines lend itself to the shield free look.

Better yet, give your kids the choice - shields are a roughly $2K option. No allowance until the $2K is paid off! :D

Congrats on the new Roma. You really can't go wrong. The Roma really does look much better in the flesh. And, the blues really seem to suit it.

T

aepma likes this.
  12. ptriggs_official

May 7, 2020
    Love that idea - you want the shields you pay for it - they’ve got bank accounts - let’s see what they say

13. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    In general I like shields but they look ridiculously puny on the Roma.

14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Easily solved by going for the larger painted shields.
    15K or so option.
    T

15. JES444L

JES444L Rookie

Oct 24, 2015
    tomc and SVCalifornia like this.
  16. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Interesting question. I was just at my local dealer to see their demo. They has a Roma in a vintage silver color, w/o shields, silver calibers and a different that body color silver grill. The package looked quite elegant. That said with more aggressive colors I would be more inclined to opt for shields and also colored calibers. Just depends the look you are trying to achieve - understated or aggressive. I don’t think there is a right/wrong answer just what is appealing to yourself as long as it is in good taste.

dan129007 likes this.
  17. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    My salesperson said about 30% of the Romas have been ordered without shields. He was trying to get me not to have shields since go. I replied that I was glad my car will be worth more than 30% of the Romas.

Two things are at work here: one is the historical fact that not having shields reduces your resale value of Ferraris, two is that this car in particular has been said to resemble an Aston Martin (I also see some elements of the electric car starting with T that has no soul, but I digress).

Personally, I like people knowing it is a Ferrari. When I drive down the street, I like that just a few inches from my steering wheel I have a yellow cavallino. The prancing horse is the coolest car company logo and symbol in the world. So yeah, I got shields.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mav0007, RamsHmb, rossodino and 5 others like this.
  18. Old Man Driver

Jul 5, 2020
    Tampa, Fl
    Full Name:
    Paul Paluzzi
    Ptriggs - Good question about the shields. I was like you, thinking I wouldn't order them due to the beautiful flowing lines. My son really wanted them, so I opted for the shields. Grigio Silverstone, black calipers, panted wheels... and love the way it came out. Pictures don't do it justice. Picked it up Christmas Eve, 50 weeks after making the deposit. Have 1,300 miles on it, and so glad I ordered the shields. I went with a more subtle color, and having the shields manages to somehow add just a touch of agressiveness to the stance. Either way, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dingoman, Cool Runnin', Crom and 6 others like this.
  19. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    That looks very nice! Not sure if I've seen a Roma in that color. Looks better than on the 458 I have seen it in. Post more photos. What's the interior like?

RamsHmb likes this.
  20. Old Man Driver

Jul 5, 2020
    Tampa, Fl
    Full Name:
    Paul Paluzzi
    Thanks. When I finished the order, it was so early, I didn't have the benefit of even seeing a built car... so I had a little trepidation until I finally saw the car. I was trying to match the understated look of my first Ferrari from many years back, which was a Pozzi Blue 550 Maranello with crema interior. I was hoping the Roma lines would show well in the darker color... and I couldn't be happier with the combination. Interior is Bourdeaux and Nero. Daytona seats with Nero stripes. No carbon fiber anywhere. I appreciate the kind remarks.

. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Here's a couple interior shots.

Cigarzman, Monkey70, aepma and 4 others like this.
  21. ptriggs_official

May 7, 2020
    This is awesome. I wonder if TDF blu works with Bordeaux? My F8 spec is Blu Pozzi with Bordeaux so maybe I should do the same interior with the Roma . . .

008 likes this.
  22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think if you like it, go for it. If you want to change it up a bit given the GT nature of the Roma, perhaps Grigio Silverstone over Bordeaux? I drive a Portofino with that spec and it was very nice, sporty but not over the top.

T

23. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
  24. ptriggs_official

May 7, 2020
    Went with TDF blu, shields, yellow calipers, Italia stitch, blu horses stitched, cuoio . . . now I wait

tomc and SVCalifornia like this.
  25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Blu Pozzi is much darker. I've seen it a few times and to be honest, the red and blue gets a bit of a children's toy vibe.

If you want something classy, a bit warm, and nicer than stock, go with Cuoio Toscana semi-aniline interior. It looks stunning with Blu TdF, Blu LM and the like.

It's a million times nicer than the standard leather.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app