Ralph Cestero Passed Away | FerrariChat

Ralph Cestero Passed Away

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ROMO, Mar 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    It's with a heavy heart that I'm sharing with many of us old time customers of Ferrari of Washington that I learned today that Ralph Cestero passed away from Covid-19 last week in Naples, Florida.

Ralph was always a true gentleman and I'll always remember that I purchased my first Ferrari, a 1997 355, from him and many more Ferrari's after that as the years past.

Ralph, you will always be remembered and missed by many of us and here's a big CHEERS to you my friend!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

E60 M5 and pilotoCS like this.
  2. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    SGM and E60 M5 like this.
  3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Yes, I had heard of his passing back in December from Steve. R.I.P.
    He was one of the best, always a pleasure to be around.
    If memory serves me, he want to work for Ferrari of West Palm shortly after leaving FOW.

4. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I remember one day I dropped by FoW to see him and he was busy doing something but when he came out to the showroom he saw me checking out a Verde Ithaca LP640. He said "want to take it for a test drive" I told him it was out of my price range and he replied "so what". So needless to say we went for about a 45 minute test drive, we even tried to get into Redskins camp with it lol. We had stayed in contact right up to his passing, I'm going to miss you Ralph!

E60 M5 and 355dreamer like this.
  5. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Sorry to hear. Condolences to his family.

CW

E60 M5 likes this.
  6. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Also from his wife Maureen it was not Covid related.

E60 M5 likes this.
  7. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
    Dude I met Ralph in 1990 when Lexus of Alexandria opened on Quaker Lane and King Street. I had just graduated from West Springfield High School and was working for a auto paint company on Eisenhower Ave. Ralph was at the right place at the right time when it boiled down to luxury imports. Summer 1990 the Lexus was hot and Ralph had an inventory of trade-ins for the LS-400. I did auto body and paint work for him. I'm age 50 now, but I remember working for Ralph Cestero in 1990 when I was 19. Together we only took on jobs that would turn out magic.

8. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Thank you for the clarifications about Ralph and I'm sorry to have received bad details in reference to his passing.

9. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Very sad news. Ralph was always kind and so knowledgeable.

E60 M5 likes this.
  10. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
    In 1990 when I was 19, Ralph was age 34.....
    Ralph Cestero was a made guy. That summer evening 1990 a customer traded in a black '88 Vette convertible for a 1990 Lexus LS400. Ralph wouldnt give me the keys to the vette. He said, " The vette is a rattle-trap".

11. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
    One morning I parked my work van behind the dealership, and after an hour of idling the engine, Ralph knocked on the driver side until I'd wake up.

12. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    This is sad news. I met him in college when I cold called FoW to ask for assistance with a campus car show.

He was always fun, very friendly and professional. We kept in touch for many years at various FCA events.

E60 M5 likes this.
  13. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    Man, this one hurts... I got to work and learn from Ralph when at FoW Classic (2005-2009.) Not only a great representative of exotics, but dude was just a smiling hoot to be around. Even before the parties!

So many stories and I learned so much from him... Most favorite was having the keys to a trade-in 330GT tossed to me and him saying take 'it out and learn.' I drove our long circuit and when I came back we sat for another few hours and talked about how great the Vintage cars are. Led to me helping to originate the Classiche dept at FoW and getting to spend time with even more dreams.

Then there was the time (before me) that a car on a test drive had to be hastily put on the lift and partially disassembled to prove that it WASNT the one that the cops were following...

One thing people forget is he was a EXCELLENT and pretty dang fearless driver. Many a customer came back a little shaky after a ride around our (then mostly unpatrolled) local circuit. Rode a lot on the track with him as well in his Maserati GT and learned even more.

Godspeed Ralph. You were a good friend.

-Brian

E60 M5 likes this.
  14. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
    #14 becker, Apr 29, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    1st time I walked into FoW Ralph came almost right away as I started checking the cars out &he told me we can test drive one right there and did go for a spin I told'im I was just looking around that was the kinda guy he was eventually ordered mine thru him

E60 M5 likes this.
  15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    His wife Maureen just notified me he passed away from a Heart Attack, not COVID.

E60 M5 likes this.
  16. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Thanks for the update, regardless he was a wonderful gentlemen and will be well missed.

rob lay likes this.