Numberplate light fault | FerrariChat

Numberplate light fault

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ianjoub, Mar 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    I have a number plate light fault that shows up on my dash, 2015 458 spider.

Both lights are working!

Possibly a resistance issue? I was going to change both bulbs, but they are a PITA to get to. Could there be another solution? I do know that changing the bulbs is a good first step/ troubleshooting step... It is just that I have to remove the air filter housing to get there ... and i am lazy.

2. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    You do not mention it but I replaced the incandescent bulbs in my 2015 Spider with LED's and immediately received a number plate fault light. My tech could not override it as the system is looking for a specific resistance. The LED bulbs do not put out enough so I switched back to get rid of the warning light. I changed my bulbs from the outside of the car by releasing and pulling down the housings to get at the bulbs. I am not clear on removing the air filter housing.

3. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    They are the stock incandescent bulbs. I looked down from the engine bay and could see the bulbs on the inside of the rear fender. It did not occur to me to pull the whole bulb frame from the outside of the car, thanks.

I figure it has to be a bulb going bad. I'll replace both. I was just hoping for an easier solution. You may have provided that!

4. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Ianjoub likes this.