612 quilted headliner question | FerrariChat

612 quilted headliner question

Discussion in '612/599' started by QtrItalian, Mar 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    On a pre-OTO I'm looking at the headliner is diamond quilted but the seats are not (Daytona style). Is/was this a legit combination? I figured diamond quilted would be spec'd only with similar seats. The headliner is sagging so probably original/not redone in this way but who knows....

Makuono likes this.
  2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Affirmative, the headliner (dachhimmel) was a separate option around 2500 euros.

Makuono and QtrItalian like this.
  3. 599_GTO

599_GTO Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    J.S.
    I have Daytona seats and quilted headlining on my HGTS. It was certainly am optionable config

Makuono and QtrItalian like this.
  4. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    599_GTO likes this.
  5. jochem00

jochem00 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2014
    Netherlands
    Any pics?

Makuono likes this.
  6. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    Regarding the headliner fix I know it isn't horribly expensive but it is somewhat pricey for what it is. Is it because the side pieces above the door openings and front visor areas have to come off? I know there is an old thread on this but can't remember if the pictures depicted the repair well. I assume the original material can be reused...
    Thanks, - Dan.

7. Camp Freddie

Camp Freddie Karting

Oct 19, 2015
    London, Doha, Beirut
    The red leather headlining in mine sagged and then peeled off repeatedly, a combination of poor OEM application and the high Summer temps here. Rather than have it fail again, i kept the leather headlining in storage and replaced it with matching red alcantara, which i think actually looks better. It wasn't an expensive fix, roughly $250- here at a custom interiors place. I did consider upgrading to the diamond quilted leather but assumed the same would fail again eventually at some stage

8. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    I wonder if the original quilting or material can be glued to a backer and then that combination re-glued in place....I guess the interior shops have a method.