812 VS Rumors | Page 199 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    The Portofino borrowed that shape air exit. Now the 812 VS borrowing the hood blade. They may need to remember originality and innovation.

456-boy, JTSE30 and dcmetro like this.
  2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The physics of it woulď be easier than you think. Two small, and I do mean small, motors, on each half shaft mounted inboard. 6-7 kg per motor, 125 hp per motor. The battery pack and system to drive that is the challenge. If they have a small battery then it's actually quite feasible. The brakes they already have.

They have been working on this thing for at least two years, there's no telling what they have done.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

jpalmito and Bas like this.
  3. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Could be a Gordon Murray T-50 scenario - ie all that air over the roof is used in conjunction with a dynamic software controlled fan system for downforce/dsr etc etc

4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Maybe they somehow incorporated a RAT ,ram air turbine....

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Are those motors that light? If so then I agree with a small battery pack (mounted in front of rear axle in the boot/trunk) then it could be feasible. I do think unlikely, however.

dcmetro likes this.
  6. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    It is the Coupé.

Marcel Massini

7. sh11783

sh11783 Karting

May 19, 2004
    If any of these leaked photos are the real deal, I think they have butchered the look. Tons of "fish gills" spoil the lines of the car and that's a lot of aero which even if functional looks gratuitous. The stripe adds even more complexity and the carbon across the front bonnet just makes the car look messy and trying too hard to impress. Everything about those images screams "look at me" - like a pimped out Corvette - when Ferrari's don't need to shout. I think the stylists felt they needed to be bold because this is the last but its not the body that makes this car special its the soul - the V12 - and the styling lost sight of that. I get it - you want loud styling on a loud car - but for me leave the over the top styling to Lambos. The TDF was aggressive but didn't lose the essence that made it both beautiful and a beast. To me these images of the 812 VS just make it look like a beast. If combined with electric assist - which I would be shocked they would do on what is supposed to be the ultimate homage to the storied legacy of the V12 - it would make the beast an abomination. Lets hope for all who have deposits that the real deal will be better on all fronts.

day355 likes this.
  8. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    There is only one photo and it's real.

JagShergill and isot like this.
  9. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Same color combo as the 250 GTO (s/n 3445GT) which was on display at the 812 GTS release during Universo Ferrari in Maranello in September 2019. Also heard now, that it will be called the 812 “GTO”. Yes - I am also doubtful but heard it from a realiable source. TBH I dislike the design on that leaked image, to me it looks like a Lamborghini Transformer. Sincerely hope it won’t be overkill...

of2worlds likes this.
  10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    812 Bestia :eek:

9nb and dcmetro like this.
  11. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    it is not a reflection

of2worlds, JagShergill and F140C like this.
  12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical

SP30 starts at 02:55

crinoid likes this.
  13. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Is it known whether the targa retains the coupe’s rear styling though?

14. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Omologato of what? :confused:o_O

15. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Sadly this would appear another very over styled car along the lines of the SF90 where function takes precedence over any form of elegance.

Perhaps it will look better when actually revealed but that spy picture does not look promising.

ilcapodizurigo likes this.
  16. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Yes... and 2022 ist the 60th birthday of the 250 GTO and this beast will be the birthday present...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I understand the name of the Japanese person who appears to have leaked that photo has been deleted from the list of potential buyers.

Marcel Massini

Maggio23, Twosherpaz, Bundy and 16 others like this.
  18. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Omologato of NOTHING... :D It´s only marketing!

19. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I understand this means the leaked pic is the "real deal", just in case anyone was not 100% convinced.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  20. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Yes, punish the “thief“!

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  21. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Supposedly VVIP customers have seen pics and heard specs, yet no one on this forum has seen anything.
    Weird....
    I do think we're putting the smalle puzzle bits together of what this car will be called and what it will look like.
    Major focus on engine and driving experience and mention of a special location.

22. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    any private viewing at finali mondiali 2020 in misano?

23. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Could be yes, but that's why we have the SF90. The 812 and it's limited version is a dinosaur in a high end suit.
    Making a hybrid of the 812VS would beat it's purpose completely.
    There is no logical explanation for a heavy V12 in an heavy front engined car besides pure driving emotion.

of2worlds and ilcapodizurigo like this.
  24. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    It looks like a TdF versión of the 812, with the small rear 3/4 windows. I´d like a more radical departure. Also I don´t get why the need for deleting the rear window in a front engined car.

The guy who leaked the pic has gotten in some trouble just for a few tweets.

ilcapodizurigo likes this.
  25. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Nothing wrong with that.

Why do we need mechanical watches when our phones tell the time far more accurately?

Bundy, Luque and Napoli like this.