1980 Ferrari 512BB Chassis 32237 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1980 Ferrari 512BB Chassis 32237

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by samsaprunoff, Jan 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Supernaut

Supernaut Karting

Dec 3, 2019
    Annapolis MD
    Full Name:
    John Panek
    I stand corrected, Koenig wheels, better than BBS I suppose but still not to my taste. I've heard of the technique if sales are poor to raise the price to give the appearance of quality, but that's probably better for things like women's handbags.

2. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    i would say you got it right, the price reflects what it costs to restore the car.
    I drove a koning BB it had the cames and intakes and I suspect shorter gear ratios, it was an entirely more fun car than a BBi in how the motor ran to the redline, but broke up below 3,5 k rpm.
    No idea whats in this one, but you can easly spend 50k on the motor alone

3. beng

beng Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    RSF, California
    Full Name:
    Benjamin Galdston
    Well, it’s now $150k ....
    https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/d/napa-1980-ferrari-512bb-berlinetta/7285457494.html

But this time he means it! “Priced to sell, tired of dealing with brokers and car flippers who don’t actually have the cash. $150,000 firm. Cash or wire transfer only. Don’t offer a penny less.”

4. beng

beng Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    RSF, California
    Full Name:
    Benjamin Galdston
    All kidding aside, it’s gettin tempting.

5. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    If I had the funds, I would offer him 130K cash, and bring it to him in bills. Then see if he really rejects it or not.

built2grind likes this.
  6. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    and his ad says it has the tool kit :)

sixcarbs likes this.
  7. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I wouldn’t pay a penny over $75K and maybe when you are done you won’t be upside down.

built2grind and tonyswfla like this.
  8. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    It's worth more than $75k, I'll pay more than that if the seller wants to PM me

tonyswfla likes this.
  9. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Well, I guess it depends upon what the buyer’s ultimate vision for the car is. Just get it running again, or complete restoration. If complete restoration, can’t see going much higher if you expect to get any money out of it in the end.

ChipG likes this.