Motortrend rips Ferrari in the latest COTY | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Motortrend rips Ferrari in the latest COTY

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 96redLT4, Feb 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Interesting. What about the 458 is more refined and nicer than the 488?

I’m a 458 owner contemplating the eventual trade for a 488 and am very curious as to your thoughts as I hadn’t heard this before. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  2. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I love it.

The fact that Ferrari cheats and is willing to do ANYTHING to win just makes me enjoy the brand that much more. Such passion. So Italian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96redLT4 and paulchua like this.
  3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Here is the article btw for all to enjoy
    https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ferrari/f8/2020/2021-ferrari-f8-tributo-pros-cons-review-best-drivers-car-video/

Btw, I'm confused. I know this is the best Driver's car (so subjective feel is paramount) - I get it.

But I also assumed given how bad the car was described, it also performed 'poorly'. (as in a slow lap time)

Am I incorrect that while the F8 came 6th out of 7 cars, It was also the FASTEST car with the quickest lap time of 92.3 seconds?

To some, where speed SPEED ÜBER ALLES, this is a win.

96redLT4 likes this.
  4. 26street

26street Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2021
    Westchester New York
    Full Name:
    Mark k
    Automotive critics are no better then movie critics and we all know how they get it right every time lol how many movies do we all know and like that made millions they called as being no good all critics don’t really know the consumer and try to make trends and companies feed this Business model now a days with the social media platforms you can get real input on products and believe me companies are trying to get in on this too
    That’s why no matter what you buy or places you go what to make sure they get a good rating with the Information Age we are now all the critics lol I control the stars give and for those who try to make up my mind you get 0 stars

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Reacherman1022

Reacherman1022 Karting

Dec 13, 2016
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Jack Reacher
    Their car/truck of the year award is bought, plain and simple. You want good reviews, that cost also. Total rag!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. mattexplore

mattexplore Rookie

Mar 1, 2021
    Prescott, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Matthew Scott
    Kind man who really knows his stuff.

Lieberman is a hoot too.

Frankly as an (now part time) auto journo myself, a lot of these guys that work for Motor Trend really are quite legit.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Yes, imagine not being happy with a packet of crisps and wanting an actual meal. :D

paulchua likes this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Careful, you don't want to get punched!

of2worlds likes this.
  9. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You don't think that Ferrari is smart enough to see if this were the case? Do you really think they would submit themselves to a test that they thought they might lose?

10. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I think they give pretty good reasons for their conclusions and seem to be conscious of guys ready to jump on them for being biased. In defense of Ferrari though, sometimes the car they send is just not the most stellar example.