Aston Martin F1 | FerrariChat

Aston Martin F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Feb 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    [RTL]

Do you have positive news for the Hülkenberg fans? Will he be the third driver as last year?

Szafnauer: "Could very well be. There is nothing to announce yet but watch the space. We are close to Nico and we are in discussions with him. That would be great for us all"

Szafnauer: "Seb is as motivated as he has ever been. He is very much so. He is very inquisitive. He asks us a lot of questions. He compares how we operate & how we go about our job here with what he has learned in the past."

Szafnauer: "Seb will definitely help us understanding the areas where other teams that won championships do it better or different than we do and then he will help us improve those areas."

Szafnauer: "I am very confident that we will get Seb to his best level that he can be. I think he will prove to the world that with the right environment, with the right motivation, the fun in racing coming back, he will do a great job."

Szafnauer: "The thing I really liked the most about our drivers in the past is that they worked really well together. I expect Lance & Seb to do the same! Be teammates first and then competitors second. They will learn from each other & that will drive the team forward."

[SkyGermany]

Szafnauer on Vettel‘s first day at Aston Martin F1: "It was great. Sebastian is everything we thought he would be. He is a true professional. A 4-time world champion and you can see why. He works very hard. He asks questions and has a huge amount of knowledge."

Szafnauer: "He wants to know even more & more. He wants to help the team to improve in all aspects [team / car performance] and that’s because he wants to have fun in F1 and fun for him means being competitive and feeling comfortable and racing to the level that he is capable of"

Szafnauer on Vettel's car preference: "Funnily enough, almost every driver we had in our car likes a car with a stable rear. We always pushed to work on that stability, to have a car with good balance. We will do our utmost to make sure he has that!"

Szafnauer on whether Vettel was involved in the development of the new car: "Vettel has already driven the simulator and has given us some feedback [of the new car]. But most our work in the winter was done without his input.

Szafnauer on Vettel‘s chances on getting P3 this year: "I think Sebastian has got a very great chance to do that. First he has got to beat Lance, who is a very fast driver, hugely talented. I think the two of them will work very well together."

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Vettel is for certain not facing Ricci or Charles LOL. Otmar is earning by the word constantly praising the Supreme Leader's son LOL :)

Happy soon for Nico possibly! Good choice for reserve driver.

ingegnere, 375+ and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  3. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Isobel, stavura, DF1 and 2 others like this.
  4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I would think that Alpine might retain Hulk in the event that Alonso isn't ready to test?

harrisonwebb likes this.
  5. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Stroll strengthens grip on Aston Martin as Kuwaitis pull back

Image Unavailable, Please Login

F1 team owner Lawrence Stroll his tightened his control of Aston Martin Lagonda in the wake of a Kuwaiti investor decreasing its stake in the prestigious automotive company.

Kuwaiti family investment house Adeem, whose consortium initially acquired Aston Martin from Ford in 2007 before taking the company public in 2018, saw its holdings in AML fall below 7% the company said on Friday.

Consequently, Adeem's representative on the Aston Martin board has stepped down from his position, leading to the second reshuffling of AML's board in less than a month.

In January, three board members were replaced by five new directors backed by Stroll, the executive chairman of Aston Martin.

The 61-year-old Canadian rescued the legendary British manufacturer last year along with a consortium of fellow investors by taking a major stake in the high-end sportscar brand that provided the latter with a crucial influx of capital and a restructuring plan.

Stroll's first order of business was replacing former CEO Andy Palmer with Tobias Moers, the former head of Mercedes' AMG subsidiary.

But Stroll also undertook a tie-up with his Racing Point F1 team which has been rebranded Aston Martin F1, a move that will return the historic British manufacturer to Grand Prix racing this year for the first time since 1960.

https://f1i.com/news/397576-stroll-strengthens-grip-on-aston-martin-as-kuwaitis-pull-back.html#.YDLmZWxARt9.twitter

william, petrol_junkie and sammysaber like this.
  6. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Yawn.........

7. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I curious to know how they will tackle AML pile of debt.

8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Aston Martin had many owners through its long life, and never had problem attracting new investors.

I only hope it stays independent and don't become another Mercedes subsidary.

Big manufacturers are not kind to small car companies, as we have seen with Ford.

9. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    BWT will remain as a sponsor with AMF1. There will be BWT accents throughout the livery along with lettering as well.

10. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Ford mismanaged virtually every smaller company they acquired.

william likes this.
  11. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I predict that n the future, Ford will continue to mismanage every smaller company they get their hands on. They don't know any other way.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Ford may become irrelevant: their share of the global market is slipping down year after year.

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Green and pink. Not exactly a flattering combination of colours...

375+ and mdrums like this.
  14. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

#15 DF1, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Thank you for the link. This is not a company that is announcing growth or turnaround just yet. The linkage with Mercedes will be key to survive. I still predict a sale to Mercedes or others. All that matter is how much net return Stroll achieves when sold. He does have a fast rolling 'billboard' for advert.

--
    --The latest results mean Aston Martin has lost £638m in the three years since it listed on the London Stock Exchange, underlining the challenge still left for its management and owners to revive the company.

Lawrence Stroll, a Canadian billionaire who made his fortune with fashion investments, took control of Aston Martin in January 2020 under a £500m rescue deal. He replaced Andy Palmer as chief executive with Tobias Moers, the former boss of Daimler’s high-performance division, Mercedes-AMG.

Moers played an important role in securing a deal with his former employer, Daimler, in which it took a 20% stake in return for giving access to hybrid and battery electric technologies, reducing the need for significant investment.

Moers said “demand is strong” for the DBX, priced at £158,000, and added that the company was ahead of schedule with reducing the number of sports cars languishing in dealership. There are “encouraging signs for demand” for sports cars, he added.

Aston Martin is now planning to sell about 6,000 cars in 2021. It hopes to increase sales to 10,000 cars by 2024 or 2025, making about £2bn in revenues. That equates to a target of £500m in operating earnings before various costs.

Stroll said he was “extremely pleased with the progress to date despite operating in these most challenging of times”. He added that he was “fully committed” to the company’s plan.--

Flavio_C likes this.
  15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    From what I read in the press, Aston Martin was grossly over-valued when it was listed on the Stock Exchange in London.

16. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    And has suffered from some fairly disastrous decisions in the last few years with regards to strategy and product, that will have burned huge amounts of money.

william likes this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Previous AM CEO Andy Palmer had ambition to develop of a new range of mid-engine sports cars.
    That was quite a departure from Aston's traditional products.
    To raise capital, the company was floated on the Stock Market but the share value never matched expectation.
    Aston Martin was on the ropes, and that's when Lawrence Stroll stepped in.
    Since, the mid-engine projects are on the back-burner, and Palmer has been sacked.

18. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  19. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Happy to see green colours racing again in F1!

william likes this.
  20. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Eddie Irvine confirmed to me that the story of Bill Ford asking his board some years ago "Who is Edmund Irvine and why is he the highest paid Ford employee?" is true. Total ineptitude.

Bas likes this.
  21. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Alpine has hired Kvyatt as spare tire, sorry driver.

375+ likes this.
  22. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Toto is hinting that Hulk will soon be onboard.

23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    They’ve changed name and color but the Tracing Point monicker is still valid.

After doing their own development design last year with a noticeably different (and very Williams-like) sidepod design, this year they’ve not just gone back to a 2020 Merc design but, incredibly, they’ve “predicted” Merc’s 2021 sidepod concept and design.

Even their paint schemes are similar—see the contrasting “S” stripe.

375+ likes this.
  24. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I'm surprised they didn't pick up Xerox as a major sponsor.

stavura, fil, 375+ and 5 others like this.