The Collection for used car service? | FerrariChat

The Collection for used car service?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by rhern213, Feb 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Hi everyone,
    Just became a new member on here, I bought a new to me 550, and my first Ferrari. The car's being scheduled for transport so I haven't taken delivery of it yet, but obviously I'm ecstatic, counting down the days and not getting any sleep.

I'm planning on immediately taking it for a major service as soon as it's delivered and I've been lurking on here and calling around for a reputable service center. I already came across Patrick and Fiorano Motorsports that was highly recommended and have no worries taking it to him. (quoted $3,500 for reference)

However I did want to see if anyone takes their older used cars to The Collection for service and what your thoughts are? The only reason I'm considering them is I live 5 minutes away and would be much more convenient than taking the car up to Doral. If I'd be getting the same service at the same costs I would rather do the convenient thing, but If I'm getting any bit less knowledgeable service, or it's going to cost me an extra $1k just because it's The Collection name then I'll just take it Doral.

Appreciate any advice, hope to get involved in the community soon.

eziotestarossa likes this.
  2. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Quick off topic: there are a bunch of new Maranello owners in the 456/550/575 section - come introduce yourself and share some details on your new car. Congrats!

rhern213 likes this.
  3. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Thanks, will do!

4. defiant

defiant Karting

Sep 16, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    S
    These guys seem to have a good following and have been used by my brother-in-law for PPI's in the past:

https://www.europeanautomotors.com/

If yours is a manual, (not F1 or e-gear), and you're looking for unique or very specialized restoration/preservations services, maybe try WeAreCurated.com

5. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Thanks I'll check it out.

6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Call Vinny Russo at Curated Restorations, tell him I sent you.

‭TEL: (813) 943-9598
    EMail: [email protected]

BHW

7. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Thanks Barton I'll definitely get in touch with them. I knew about Curated I follow them on social media, honestly though did not even consider it as from their website it looked like they only service more rare/expensive cars.

8. eziotestarossa

eziotestarossa Karting

Mar 28, 2014
    Delray Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Ezio

What about Ferrari Fort Lauderdale? They offered me the best price for service on my Testarossa compared to all other shops Surprisingly!

9. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Thanks Eric, the only issue I have is actually driving it all the way up to ft.lauderdale. Maybe I'm being too cautious, but I'm pretty scared of taking the car on a 35 mile drive knowing it's been parked for 4 years and on 7 year old belts, feel like I'm sitting on a ticking time bomb. That's why I'm trying to keep it within a 15 min drive.

10. eziotestarossa

eziotestarossa Karting

Mar 28, 2014
    Delray Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Ezio
    Woah! Don’t even risk the 15minute drive. Spend the 250$ to get the car towed to the service Center of your choice! Believe me !

amenasce, tomc and rhern213 like this.
  11. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Caught a huge break, just found out the car did have a major service in 2018! Looks like I'm good to go and just need a basic service and I'm off!

eziotestarossa likes this.
  12. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    rhern213 likes this.