Mclaren F1 pics | Page 65 | FerrariChat

Mclaren F1 pics

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Carsonp, Dec 13, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bbs911

bbs911 Formula Junior

May 31, 2007
    Dallas
    hmmm.....my favorite car too. Halfsies??

2. Nike

Nike Rookie

May 8, 2011
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    Niklas
    I went through some old photos I took in London back in the nineties and found this of a brand new F1. Does anyone know which serial nr this might be?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  4. Nike

Nike Rookie

May 8, 2011
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    Niklas
    Thank you! If this is #39 it does seem to have an interesting history. So nobody really knows where it is and who owns it today?

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I was able to confirm with Peloton25 that it is indeed #039. It is still missing and presumably in Mexico still. I don't really follow histories of the cars' owners let alone where they are currently located as I'm really only interested in the car itself, but it definitely has an interesting history. I love the color and thanks for sharing the photo. If you have anymore it would be appreciated if you scanned and shared them here!

6. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Interesting story about the silver one 037. Ex South Africa, its previous owner drove it around a bit but in recently years only on a Sunday between 14:00 and 15:00 as the roads where he lives are quietest then. A real enthusiast who owned the car for a long time, friend of mine was fortunate enough to be taken for a drive in it. The above pictures of it are such a world away from where it used to live and be driven.

7. jcosta79

jcosta79 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    LaJonathan

Not sure how to post a YouTube video but here is an update of sorts on chassis #39.

Scuderia CC and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  8. Adrian Hernandez

Jun 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adrian Hernandez
    Hello, I liked the photo! Do you have any more of the same car you could share with us?

9. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thanks for the kind words. I do make a pretty conscious effort to try and avoid getting involved in any buying/selling of these, just to clarify that point.

I did provide some thoughts and guidance to Derek prior to filming; I suggested some external content which could be used as filler to help shape the story; and I reviewed the script for accuracy prior to him recording. It was already extremely well researched by him.

Unfortunately I couldn’t be involved in the filming process with the car as it certainly would have been nice to see it once again, but as you can tell from their content - they didn’t need help. Anyway - just a small supporting role on the video and very impressed with the final result -- hopefully everyone else is as well. :)

>8^)
    ER

bugrakara, BJK and TexasF355F1 like this.
  10. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I've envied this car since I was a kid in the early 90's and have loved your input on them over the last decade. Your work is much appreciated. Such an incredible machine, way ahead of its time.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  11. markst270

markst270 Karting

Aug 5, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Cory
    Christian.Fr and Scuderia CC like this.
  12. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I helped with a couple of final rounds of review of the ~700 pages in coordination with one of the editors from Porter Press and the author, Mark Cole. If you have a high level or interest in these cars you won’t be disappointed.

>8^)
    ER

markst270 likes this.
  13. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
    #1616 bloomberg, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    I have the books, and I'm very pleased with them. They will give you all details about all the racing cars. And it is well written.
    Porter Press offer a discount on selected items. On the checkout page of their webshop there is a box for 'gift card or discount code'. Fill out PRR10, and you will receive a 10% discount. PRR stands for www.porscheroadandrace.com.
    Moreover, they offer a 15% discount for European customers to compensate for import duties due to Brexit. I'm not sure if these discounts add up. You should contact Porter.

markst270 likes this.
  14. markst270

markst270 Karting

Aug 5, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Cory
    Thanks guys, hopefully it has good pictures and goes into detail on the 28 GTR s and where they are now

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

bloomberg likes this.
  15. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    The first volume is an in depth review of all the series and individual races the F1 GTRs competed in. The second volume covers each of the 28 individual chassis’ in detail. There’s not a lot offered about what has happened to each one since it stopped racing, but generally they aren’t making much news in the afterlife.

The second book also features stories from the many people who were directly involved in all sides of the F1 GTR development and race program. The photos throughout both books are excellent.

I should mention that I received one copy for assisting with the production of the book, but still purchased two additional copies.

>8^)
    ER

16. NunoRosso

NunoRosso Karting

Dec 10, 2007
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    My apologies if this was already discussed in the earlier pages but I would like to ask my fellow members which F1 GTRs do you consider the "best"?

Regarding the GTR, I'd reckon 01R might be the very best but which one is considered the second best: 02R, 03R or 06R? Or none of those? :D

Regarding the GTR Longtail, I'd say the first/second place is divided by 20R or 26R (both equally good) but who comes in third? 21R, perhaps?

Thank you in advance ;)

17. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    “Best” based on what?

Best looking; best race history; best number of victories; best driver lineups; best current condition? Best can mean lots of things in this scenario.

i can understand what reasoning you might have used to name a few of those chassis numbers. If you’re looking for the one which was most successful that would be 02R with its 6 outright victories, including taking the win in the very first race an F1 GTR ever competed in.

>8^)
    ER

18. NunoRosso

NunoRosso Karting

Dec 10, 2007
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Thank you for your reply, I didn't explain myself properly.

Race history was the main factor I was considering, yes. For instance:

02R: 6 victories, 4th at Le Mans, British GT title

03R: 4 victories, 4th at Le Mans, BPR series title

06R: 4 victories, 3rd at Le Mans

I'm a layman regarding McLarens, but I believe those three are pretty much equal in terms of "value" (race history, condition, etc.), right?

I've read somewhere else that 02R was the most expensive GTR when it was sold in ~2017 but I assume (perhaps wrongly) that if 03R or 06R were sold around that time they would get a similar price. AFAIK 03R was sold in 2012 but I have no idea about the values involved.

19. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Yes, actual prices are quite hard to come by with most F1 transactions - and especially the GTR’s. For a long period the GTRs all traded at a significant percentage less than your typical F1 road car, but now that seems only true of the longtails which are less user friendly.

When 03R was sold the market was just starting to shift in the right direction, but that car had been kept by the original owner and unused for a considerable period of time, requiring a complete overhaul once the transaction completed.

06R is not in as fine condition today as the other two you mentioned which have been fully and meticulously restored by Lanzante. The prior owner of 06R chose to keep it as close to as-raced condition as possible during his almost 2-decades with the car, and the new owner stopped short of a full restoration in the last couple of years.

>8^)
    ER

20. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
  21. trmather

trmather Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2007
    Merseyside, UK
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I think it's still my favourite colour combination.

It also makes me want some Rolos or Galaxy Caramel.

SmokyDave likes this.