F8 or STO? | Page 66 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    I wonder what people like Chris Harris will say about STO after test drive, how he will compare it to PISTA

2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Full disclosure as I intended on the post but I guess it was missed. This rendering was posted by @Condor Man . So any compliments, they all go to the man. I just revived the beautiful rendering.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thecadster, ScrappyB and wthensler like this.
  3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I wish Lamborghini would release a full comprehensive order guide. I remember how the 77 page 812 SF order guide from Ferrari made the process so much easier. I knocked out a very complicated spec in a weekend, punched the order, and never looked back.

italiafan, JAM1 and GT2goneF like this.
  4. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
  5. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Interesting that the first comment on the video was someone asking if the 2022 STO will have GPFs. Seems to be an important consideration for potential buyers of a Huracan at this price point. Am surprised Lamborghini doesn’t just come out and announce their intentions to avoid last minute order cancelations if GPFs are suddenly confirmed.

GT2goneF and Thecadster like this.
  6. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I believe a lot of the GPF talk started after the picture of the Chinese EVO with GPF was posted on the Lambo forum.

The reason why Chinese EVOs are equipped with GPF is because China 6a went into effect in Jan, 6a was suppose to take effect last year which is why the R8 got a GPF last year.

7. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The 765lt comparisons are interesting considering all of the coupe and spider allocations are spoken for. Unless you’ve got one, it isn’t an option in terms of ordering new like the STO and F8 (for now).

Coincid likes this.
  8. Fastmd

Fastmd Karting

Dec 1, 2011
    New Jersey
    According to my dealer, the cars that will be delivered this year are 2022MYs. What happens with the actual cars produced in 2022 he was unsure.

I do think Lambo will try to not have GPFs in NA as long as possible.

I have been told the NA AMG BS is a little louder than the European BS, but not by much according to the Benz East coast head.

9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I have little interest in Chris Harris' reviews of new super cars. He has clearly made his preferences known. Useable speed, light weight, comfortable and predictably capable, with manual transmission. The new GT3 will send him into a state of rhapsody. The Pista, 765, SF90, STO are not his cup of tea.

Fastmd likes this.
  10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    As for the driving dynamics of the STO, based upon the Performante and the EVO RWD, I would be stunned if it does not perform to an exalted, thrilling level and should be equally satisfying on the road. However, making judgments without driving experience has little to no value.

11. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I spoke with a friend who works at HQ on IG last night and he said there's no GPF for NA/EU and said the STO will not get GPF during it's short production run. He also mentioned the STO was suppose to be MY21/22 but now all STO's will be MY22/MY23.

wthensler, Fastmd and Shack like this.
  12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I keep hearing no roadster version of STO, but likely a EVO “hotter edition” for the roadster.

13. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Correct, no STO spyder.

Lambo might come out with a paint special EVO spyder or maybe an EVO final edition with STO wheels but there won't be another track/hardcore variant like an EVO Performante.

14. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    What about an STO-bodied spider without the track bits (CCM-R brakes, suspension calibration)?

15. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I doubt it because remember Lamborghini has a limited R&D budget so it would make more financial sense to come out with a STO spyder minus the aero bits.

But lets say they do decide to add random STO bits to a EVO spyder, the MSRP would probably be higher than the MSRP of the STO. I don't see much market demand for a model like this.

16. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Wouldn’t an STO minus the aero bits make it an Evo? I’m assuming they wouldn’t bother with the CCM-R brakes either if the downforce was removed.

17. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I was assuming a model with STO body panels but no air scoop or wing. They could add the brakes and wheels as an option on future EVO models but I can't imagine your typical EVO buyer willing to pay $10K+ for CCM-R brakes when the EVO AWD already comes with CCB's.

You also have to consider the Huracan is nearing the end of its life cycle so I can't see them adding another variant.

18. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I was told I’d get a 2022, but that was when there were gonna be 21s. Regardless, a non GPF would be great. Just gonna sit back and chill, can’t do much more.

Looking like the F8S will arrive first - woohoo!

SLDriver likes this.
  19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  20. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    What does ‘official’ mean? I thought the launch car was heavy with AdP?

21. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    * official images from AdP.

22. Jon7

Jon7 Karting

Jan 30, 2004
    VA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Looks incredible. I’ve been considering matte black (Nero nemesis or Nero Pulso)

Thecadster likes this.
  23. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I have as well. My problem with either of those colors is that they look much better without film. By the time you go over those specialty matte paint colors with satin PPF, most of the cool nuances are removed. I love the matte black, but I don’t love the film. On the other hand, I would terrified of driving one of those cars without film protection.

I do love Nero Pulso though.

ScrappyB and GT2goneF like this.
  24. Jon7

Jon7 Karting

Jan 30, 2004
    VA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    My concerns exactly as well.

Thecadster likes this.