F355 Market | Page 205 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    You may be right. They do seem to come up more often than GTB/S and go just as quickly for a decent amount.

26 spiders on autotrader alone right now with only half gated. Then half of those are yellow.

It may get to a point where “over-priced” is just where it is if you want one or you wait and hope.

I currently own a B and an S and admittedly didn’t realize sorted spiders were so hard to find these days. That’s great to see!

2. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Wow! There haven’t been this my 355 value discussions since I was very active on this forum! :)

ShineKen likes this.
  3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    So..knowing what you know about the cars..seeing as you are an owner would you personally pay 160k for one? Do you truly think they are worth that kind of money.

Skippr1999 likes this.
  4. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Sorted ? Yes. I personally have 130k in mine and it was bought about 6 years ago in reasonably good shape. Why would I sell a great car that I’ve put time, energy, and money into for less than a 20% profit over 6 years ?

I wouldn’t. And neither would most long term owners of well sorted cars. That’s why the increase in price. There’s nothing out there that I don’t already own, less than $600k, that is more desirable.

mclaudio and MAD828 like this.
  5. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Watching this makes me want to buy another one

RossoCorsaItaly and MAD828 like this.
  6. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    $160k for a spider - no. $160k for a fully sorted low mileage GTB or GTS, if that’s what it takes then what choice do you have anyway?

Like I said you either bite the bullet now or wait and hope BOTH prices come down and supply increases in the US (or import) As you can see here, many owners aren’t interested in selling anytime soon regardless.

Someone recently said the feeling and sound of driving these cars is what matters. There are hundreds of faster options but that’s not the top priority for many of us. I have faster cars but seem to be drawn to the 355’s the most.

tres55, carnutdallas and MAD828 like this.
  7. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    I was with a bunch of F cars yesterday. Pista, 599, 430, 360, Mclaren’s etc and in the car park they are happy to think how much power, and how modern their cars are compared to my little firecracker.

But once on a roll when I open the taps up and take it to 8750 rpm, and the music is emitted from that exhaust the looks on their faces alone is worth whatever it costs to own and maintain one!

8. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Exactly!!! Speed on the street kills :-/ Useless high horsepower track / super cars are no fun. Owned a few. Drove a Pista and way too powerful. My 2009 ZR1 was ludicrous. Honestly could not stay out mid triple digits - Stupid. I am a good driver, but getting older and it is the others I worry about in Camry’s. But my little 355’s at 8750, clicking gears are so much fun below 100. And even dusting low triples seems better balanced and less stupid horsepower. Track days may be another story, but the 355 is a perfect balance for me today as a street car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclaudio and SoCal1 like this.
  9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    As a matter of fact I do have a B available. Especially for that price. It's a well sorted car with approx 30k km on the clock. Guides done, manifolds done (tubi) I think it may need a set of tires and the service is coming due. You want it? $155k USD.

10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Year? Color combo? Manual or F1? Clean title? Without detailed pics, no one is going to agree to any price.

tres55, MAD828 and Oz-ATL like this.
  11. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Colour combo? Options? Model year?

12. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Red/black 1998 car six speed. I'll try to get pictures tomorrow. I completely forgot about it..sorry..

13. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Tom, Next step would be to post the car you have been mentioning as a separate ad in the classifieds with photos, description, and price. Links can be posted here for cars for discussion of values and to help others match up with they are looking for but F-chat does not allow ads in model forum sections. Thanks. I'm sure it will be sought after.

Robb

tbakowsky likes this.
  14. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  15. chrisj951

chrisj951 Karting

Feb 18, 2015
    Metro Atlanta
    That place has sold that car a few times. The pictures are from their original listing roughly 3 year ago. Love the color combo.

16. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    Been watching that one for a couple of weeks. It was on ebay with a Buy It Now of 119,900 for several days (and on their website). Two days ago they cancelled the auction, and now their web page says "call for price". I'd assume that means they're raising their asking price.

17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    355 looks evil on black

tres55 likes this.
  18. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky

Cold be a price rise, or a ploy to get people to call. You know what they say, the hardest part of a sale is getting people in the showroom.

19. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    We’ll let you have the honors of giving them a call. Don’t forget to sound grumpy and hang up :).

tres55 likes this.
  20. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    This one's in Italy and need the front grill repainted back to black and those koenig type looking wheels aren't for me...but it's an early car with pre-airbag steering wheel and carbon seats, so it's fairly rare find. Yellow is not for me either...

52,000km
    Luggage and all accessories included.
    $157k USD equivalent

https://www.subito.it/auto/x-x-375735577.htm

ShineKen likes this.
  21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    He F’d the steering wheel. No turning back. Everything else is reversible. Wheels arent toooo bad, but not for me either. I get the idea. I’ve always felt the 348 GT Competizione wheels would look sick on the 355.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

tres55 likes this.
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Those look mint!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    ^ Could have that wheel recovered. I needed to have that done to mine.

24. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Is the steering wheel Connolly leather as well? The hand grip area is perforated too.

I have seen some seats have perforated centers. I like it alot. Not sure they ever came like that from the factory.

Image Unavailable, Please Login