355 - Advice on purchase only 1 FOB | FerrariChat

355 Advice on purchase only 1 FOB

Discussion in '348/355' started by 32 Ford, Mar 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    Down to the nitty gritty on this 355 spider I am going to buy. Down to 2 issues. Other than the tires are 14 years old. Just some money and time to rectify that. There is only 1 Black FOB and 1 ignition key. I did the search thing and have concluded it a BIG $ issue. there were alot of post on this topic. Read for hours. The latest thread was date 2017. This is what I have concluded, please correct me if I am wrong

No PIN , no Red Fob. I require a FNA request for the the PIN the car was born with and a FOB "kit" for about $2,000.00CND. If the Pin from FNA is incorrect ei: changed or bad records then I additionally need to buy a new immobilizer/alarm ECU from Ferrari at a cost of $5,000.00CDN plus my first born and a couple horses.
    I am afraid I am going to have the one and only 22 year old FOB fail and I am going to have a very expensive trophy sitting in my garage.

Is there anything "new" about this issue. Anyone found a way to correct this problem with a different method.
    I am about to walk away from this absolutely beautiful, low mileage, new TM belt, sticky done, top repaired perfect car.
    Find me away not to let it go. He won't budge on the price.
    Thanks
    Mike

2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    WATSON, Mike Morrissey and MAD828 like this.
  3. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    Easily sorted, and much more cost effective than what you have been quoted.

Mike Morrissey likes this.
  4. Mike Morrissey

Mike Morrissey Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2018
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike Morrissey
    Agreed, Mark is fantastic, you won’t be disappointed!

5. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    What do the keys operate. Seems like a simple question. Yet unable to find any reference on the Web. Obviously an ignition. What about the "other" key?
    I reached out to Mark. Looks like he can assist me. Car purchase might be back on. Thanks to all for the info
    Mike

6. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    @gobble is your guy.

I took my car down to Mark early in the process and and he extracted the PIN, set up new fobs (2 black and one red) and sent me on my way.

Give him a call, he can easily do what you need done and an honest guy to work with.

7. Mike Morrissey

Mike Morrissey Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2018
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike Morrissey
    A real Mark Waldvogel FOB story… (a fob story with a happy ending) …

So, my F355 came without a red master FOB. No big deal, I had the original factory sealed envelope containing the immobilizer code. (or so I thought) …

I would be nice to have the master fob. So, speaking with the previous owner, he said he would look for it. Well, he called back and found it and would be more than happy to sell it to me, (quoting dealer prices). Haa!

Finding Mark Waldvogel (www.ferrarifobs.com) I sent Mark the code and he sent me a new master FOB. Humm, the FOB didn’t work.

So reading the manual I tried the Key sequence to start the car without a FOB, no, the code didn’t work. But it was the factory sealed envelope code that came with the car???

Mark was kind enough to do a FaceTime hookup with me to watch me perform the key sequence. Yes, I was performing it properly. Next step would be to drill out the immobilizer module, (behind driver seat) and send it to Mark. He would then derive the code from the module and re-program the master FOB.

Mark suggested that I first go through all my paperwork and booklets for another code. I thought, well, I’ve looked through everything, but won’t hurt to try. The next morning, 3:00am, woke up thinking about FOB codes, I started looking thru booklets. Fanning the small airbag book, out falls another security code form with a different code. (AHH) … insert shouts of happiness…

To the garage I went with key and sequence instructions in hand. The code worked! I then took the master FOB that Mark sent, with the original code and in no time reset my immobilizer and both black FOB’s to the original code.

I keep a copy the Key sequence instructions and code on my phone, (I’d never remember it) in the event my FOB stops working (battery) and leaves me stranded.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Qavion likes this.
  8. Mike Morrissey

Mike Morrissey Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2018
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike Morrissey
    "other key" would be the key for the small storage cubby behind the seats. Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    Oh the storage box. That key is missing. Car only has an ignition key. If you close the storage box lid does it lock automatically? Or do you need to turn the key to lock it? I am HOPING the missing keys/FOB's might be in there. No lock on the glove box? The sales guy might not know were to look.

10. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2018
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael Orifici
    I also used ferrarifob for my 360. Great guy, super fast. Highly recommend.

Sent from my SM-G960U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2018
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael Orifici
    Also to note that ferrarifobs can set the pin to any number....one you can remember....i have a spare key with no fob hidden outside the car. If somthing happens to my key and fob i have a backup way of starting the car.

Sent from my SM-G960U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    Thanks guys for the compliments. I've enjoyed working with all of you.

13. Mike Morrissey

Mike Morrissey Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2018
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike Morrissey
    You need the key to lock it. It won’t lock on its own. There is no glove box, unless the car is pre-airbag.

14. Mike Morrissey

Mike Morrissey Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2018
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike Morrissey
    Mark, your a life saver, a hero and a great guy! So there!

15. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    So that the air bag cover! looks like a glove box. I have only seen pictures of the 355. Lots to learn. Best way is to BUY one! Mark has reach out to me and has eased some of my nerves. Thanks Mark. Look forward to doing business.