360 - Engine mounts replacement at 5 years? | FerrariChat

360 Engine mounts replacement at 5 years?

Discussion in '360/430' started by 550nitis, Feb 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Prior to me buying my 360 the engine mounts has been changed about two years prior. I've had the car 3 years now. Took the car in due to some odd vibration at idle and a horrible low frequency noise. Shop says the mounts are done and are on the secure metal tab. thought they lasted more than 5 years. Anyone had to exchange them around this time?

2. BDubbs

BDubbs Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2019
    WA State
    Full Name:
    B Dubbs
    I am by no means an authority on the subject, but since no one else chimed in- I believe they are a common wear item. I dont know the typical replacement interval, but I bought my 360 a little over 2 years ago and the PPI said it needed replacing. This was a car that was maintained with an open checkbook and zero deferred maintenence. It was a 1 owner car(til i bought it...) its getting an annual service now at FOS.... if they mention it, I'll let you know!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I don’t have my CS’s maint records readily available so I don’t know when/if they’ve been changed. Las Vegas Ferrari service showed me my mounts in person and I’ll be replacing them and the cracked trans mount during my next major this summer. May try the Challange mounts. The CS was built on the race car assy line so I don’t mind the extra noise and vibration.

4. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    my 04 360 spider has the original mounts at 45K miles....hmmm. Guess I will take a look next service but no vibration/issues I can detect.

5. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Can be a function of how car is driven.

6. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    The stiffer mount is like ~$60 each. Just go replace them. Replacing the mounts should increase the rattles at idle. Often the exhaust valves (see spring fix thread) or engine panels (tighten bolts or add larger washers)

7. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    If your upper trans mount is shot I could see that causing the engine mounts to fail that much faster.

8. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    The ja guys for the feedback. It's going in on Friday. Will keep posted.

9. vmule

vmule Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Vito M
    where do you find the stiffer mounts? Thanks