812 GTS Allocation | Page 19 | FerrariChat

812 GTS Allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 500drvr

500drvr Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 5, 2014
    So Cal
    Does status code 10G with VIN number assigned assure a production slot?

Ltfor3 likes this.
  2. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Yes

3. 500drvr

500drvr Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 5, 2014
    So Cal
  4. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    I emailed my dealer and was surprised to find out he could get me an allocation, I thought for sure they were long gone. I wuickly got my order in, end of 2022 he said. But I asked a few times, he said I was 100% going to get a car. He said the dealership should be getting around 40-45 cars in production run, I was around #40. I think he mentioned there might have been some cancellations.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. ilCapo

ilCapo Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2020
    Italy, Canada, the Cayman Islands
    Full Name:
    Frank Schilling
    Congratulations brother .. set it up right.. it’s going to be one of the greats.

Forza Scuderia and nickorette like this.
  6. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I found out the same this week, but I got a notice of pretty sure I can get one. Going to work out the spec, but it looks to be fantastic....in my head.

7. ACW44

ACW44 Rookie

Jan 1, 2010
    Ontario
    I gave a $10k deposit last August at the same dealer. I specced my car in mid January and gave a total of 15% deposit. I was told the car would arrive in about 12 months or possibly in the fall of 2021. Hopefully that estimate is correct? They also mentioned some cancellations. I bought a 2020 Portofino from the same dealer last July.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Here is the meaning of the various status and I am pretty sure that it's 10R that you can be sure you are getting a car. I am not sure you get the VIN assigned until 20.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and ACW44 like this.
  9. 500drvr

500drvr Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 5, 2014
    So Cal
    I’m 10R and have a VIN assigned.

F2003-GA likes this.
  10. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Yes and you should make sure or rather try and request production photos.

11. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I think 10R and the VIN means 20 is pretty close, it was for me. I think I was told 10R and given the VIN with 20 about two days later.

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Do mind sharing your exterior and interior color choice on the GTS

13. 500drvr

500drvr Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 5, 2014
    So Cal
    #463 500drvr, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    well I’ve been 10R for at least 5 weeks. VIN for 3 weeks. No pictures on My Ferrari app. No surprise.

14. 500drvr

500drvr Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 5, 2014
    So Cal
    Rosso Fiorano
    Nero with burgundy highlights.

of2worlds, BaronM69 and F2003-GA like this.
  15. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    OK,well I am sure it varies. I just checked my emails from last year. I put down the deposit and spec on Jan 2, was told 10R two days later on Jan 4 (no more changes) and given a VIN and told the car was in production which is 20 on Jan 10.

16. Gisi

Gisi Karting

Dec 6, 2006
    SWITZERLAND
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    today info i received is that the 812 gts will be build till summer 2022

of2worlds and ryalex like this.
  17. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Was told I could still get one if I wanted at the viewing of the SF90 on Wednesday evening. Another guy who owns a super nice Speciale said they offered him one for his Speciale and $300k.

18. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    What!? They’re giving him ~$200-225K for his Speciale?

19. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    It would be insane to take that deal

italiafan likes this.
  20. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I don't know what they are trying to give him but that would be low. I think the GTS he configured might have been pricey. I think a GTS with a decent spec should be about $500k-$515k because I thought the base was only about $30-40k higher than the 812sf, mine was $435k with a decent number of options. I don't like CF so I don't spend my money on them other than the steering wheel. I got what I consider to be the most useful options without adding CF but others probably can find more to add to the cost. I am sure they are going to give him top dollar for his Speciale because it's a great spec and they need cars to sell right now but he has 17k miles on it as he enjoys his cars.

I spoke at length with the GM today and he tells me I can order the SF90 Spider or the SF90 because I have a four seater and two seater in my garage. I am not on the list for the VS which I wasn't really surprised about at all. However, I am not seeing anything new that I want right now so I am looking at ordering a Portofino M for a replacement to my wife's car just to keep me in the game for what I do want when it comes along. My wife didn't like the Roma and she doesn't care about sound so the GPF on the Porto M won't bother her.

of2worlds likes this.
  21. ilCapo

ilCapo Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Frank Schilling
    The Porto M is going to be a great car.. super under-rated.

wrs likes this.
  22. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Could be why he is getting a GTS spot. Still hearing from CA dealers they book is full.

23. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    I was told after I put my order in a few weeks ago that's it now, they're full at my dealer unless someone cancels

of2worlds and RamsHmb like this.
  24. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Don’t panic if you can’t get one. In the UK there are several for sale already and many more under the radar. Trade price is around £30k under list and some lovely examples. I know US is different but in the UK you can have a car for the Summer and save some money.

of2worlds, RamsHmb, Gullwing and 2 others like this.
  25. ilCapo

ilCapo Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Frank Schilling
    The 812 GTS is epic. In my opinion, the look, performance, sound and overall package will make this beast not just a car of the moment, but a car for the ages. It’s a simple fact that they were only ever going to make so many of them in the first place (call it “fairly limited” production). It’s also an undeniable fact that Covid significantly stalled production and continues to do so. A third lock down is about to wreak further havoc with the supply chain over there. It’s conceivable we’re going to have many less 812 GTS than we would have (and the amount we “would” have had were already fairly limited). If you can get one of these anywhere under list then you should do so at once ..post a link because I don’t believe you can, and I don’t think you will be able to for long if for some weird fluke reason you actually could.

Avia11, Xrayv8, italiafan and 2 others like this.