F8 or STO? | Page 65 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I was going to say the same. You love the italian tricolore, don't you!?

SoCal to az likes this.
  2. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Spider68, Boomhauer and SLDriver like this.
  3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    $450k according to dealer. FWIW

4. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Brilliant color!
    Was the color on my Perf and still think it’s the best Lambo color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    GT2goneF likes this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    No closer to deciding, other than pass on the allocation.

7. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    That’s nuts. You mean you can’t decide if you want the car, or can’t decide on a spec?

8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    The more I look at the car, the less i want it. Which is bizarre since I absolutely loved it when unveiled. Now I find it too busy. And I find the 765 to be good looking now. Must be something in my water.

9. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    It is a busy car, no question. I think if one could manage a color spec, it could be pulled off. But I see your point.

What started me down this path was wanting a RWD EVO, and feeling a bit squeezed in the soft top. I’ll bide my time and look at some of the delivery STOs up close and personal before making a final commitment.

Anyway, I don’t think you can go wrong with the 765, it certainly is a great looker and performer.

Nice situation to be in......

SLDriver, Coincid and GT2goneF like this.
  10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I think when you have an endless list of options, it becomes extremely tiresome/exhausting to the point you lose interest. This car has the capability to be a great looking car but the time to make it yours and unique takes no less time than what took Michelangelo to complete arguably his greatest work of art, The Sistine Chapel. So if you can spare four years of your life configurating this car, (because that seems to be how long it will take to get your car (little hyperbole here) you will be OK.

Thecadster, SLDriver and wthensler like this.
  11. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I agree, the STO has way too many options and it seems like Lamborghini has open the AdP floodgates for this car. It's not a bad thing because buyers have endless options but I can see why it's overwhelming for some.

I would go with a solid colour and skip all the stickers and contrast trim. Get carbon where it's beneficial and keep the interior basic. No need for carbon foot plates, carbon skin, etc...No one cares for it when you come around to selling the car.

And yes, the 2022 will get a price increase. I remember my MY19 Perf got a $3800 increase.

12. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I would take the 765LT over the STO every time. Looks better and way faster.

13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I went yesterday to Lamborghini Irvine (former NB) with my friend that wants to get an STO. Obviously, no allocations as of now. In addition no dealer inventory. I believe everything they had was on consignment.

Sebastian from sales, super cool guy. Helped my friend out and since there are no allocations for STO, he decided to bridge the waiting gap with an EVO.

Anyway, met another guy who was there to meet a friend receiving his BEAUTIFULLY OPTIONED metallic orange 765 LT (I am not a McLaren guy but this car I would love to have the way it was optioned, the color is absolutely magical and beautiful and not many cars can pull it off), and he was telling us that he was one of the first to have paid for an allocation and still hasn't heard back from Lamborghini. I think Lamborghini will spit out as many EVO and STO as they can and seems like you will wait for a long time to get a not so limited car. The only thing that will make it limited will be the personal variations and options selected. Be careful.

ScrappyB and SLDriver like this.
  14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    If you saw what I saw yesterday, you would lose continence of all sphincters. I left a mark of puke, pee and poo, away from the car of course. I took pictures of the car, but because I respect the owner's privacy, won't post. I don't think he had even seen it before I did.

ScrappyB likes this.
  15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Tell me about it. Even for me selecting between Bianco Fuji and Italia, took me months. That is one out of two options that I had narrowed it down to Imagine me trying to option an STO. With my ADHD and endless options, I'd be out of a job and involuntarily committed to a psych institution.

AD211 and ScrappyB like this.
  16. Jon7

Jon7 Karting

Jan 30, 2004
    VA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I plan to submit an order soon and having the hardest time with colors. Crazy there are only 4 free ones and all the rest are 14k min. Trying to keep the $ “reasonable” so leaning to basic white and maybe adding a custom livery. Wish there were some more photos of actual cars rather than just the configurator.

ScrappyB and GT2goneF like this.
  17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    With me, white is always a great option. I am super biased in favor of white. The only thing I ask and warn against is the Frigidaire (aka refrigerator) white. If you can and is available as a free or a lesser value option, get a metallic white. Somebody (can't recall who) in this (very prolific and successful) thread posted one of his configurations in white and it is a killer look. Disclosure again: I love white cars.

Only car that is "allowed" to have refrigerator white is Porsche's classic Carrera White, because of historic value with the car and not because it is anything special. My GT2 is Carrera White and it is a blinding white. Can't look at it for too long when it is out in the sun.

ScrappyB likes this.
  18. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I've spoken with a few VIP owners and the owner of my dealership and the general consensus is Lamborghini will build anywhere from 1300-1500 STO's worldwide with the US getting a 3rd of the cars. This is inline with the amount of allocation each dealer is receiving and also inline with the Huracan replacement timeline which is expected to arrive in 2025.

19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Here's to hoping!

20. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Was it this one? I chicken scratched some mods to the lower sill and side skirts. Base colour was a metallic white (forget the name).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

GT2goneF likes this.
  21. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Ps. Hoping this pic displaces the Borat v-kini as the thread’s cover image.

GT2goneF likes this.
  22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That one is very nice too. I believe that is metallic white, hard to know on the rendering. However, it was another one. I think it had black details and the tricolore items.

23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The 765 is a MUCH more usable car, and I don't think I'm far off when I say that the STO suspension might turn out to be too harsh to handle well on public roads. Usually suspension tuned for GP tracks is.
    If McLaren has their build quality sorted(which I still doubt), the 765 is definitely a better road car. Can't help but seeing the STO as a novelty item you can flash. It is not a real Trofeo race car, but it is super impractical as an actual road car. I'd definitely choose the 765.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF likes this.
  24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I’d like to see a few more views of this spec please.