812 VS Rumors | Page 193 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    So, for those of us who don’t have an allocation yet, we still have time and a chance!

Lagunae92 and of2worlds like this.
  2. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    Do we? I certainly hope so.

3. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    I’m assuming they didn’t contact the exact number of people they planned to build and maybe a few don’t want one and they go a little deeper on the list. Maybe wishful thinking?
    Have to keep hope!

4. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    No.

There will be fewer cars than anyone here has predicted.

Dealers get a list of approved clients that is a multiple of the number of cars the dealer will be allocated. The dealer decides which clients on the list get the car. If you have not been contacted already you're not it.

ilcapodizurigo and ForeverCar like this.
  5. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    We will see soon enough about our predictions here but several are spot on from what I know.

And yes, the dealers should all have their lists.

roma1280 and ForeverCar like this.
  6. Samui

Samui Rookie

Nov 18, 2015
    Germany
    Following the ‘Roma’, I hope it will not be the ‘812 Fiorano’ ...

7. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I don’t think they will use 812 in the name. The 8 refers to 800. This car will have around 840+ ps, therefore a plain 8 undersells it. That probably commits them to a name. Or....the name GTO has always been accompanied with a number marking the swept volume of the car’s cylinders, which didn’t change with the GTO treatment - 250 GTO, 288 GTO and 599 GTO (I stand to be corrected if that’s wrong). There has never been just a ‘GTO’.... Since this car is acknowledged to be the last V12, could they present it as the definitive GTO?

isot likes this.
  8. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    #4808 isot, Feb 28, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    GTO assumes exactly the same meaning that Lamborghini has currently attributed to the acronym STO (Super Trofeo Homologated "omologata" in Italian). Lamborghini has adapted GTO to itself. That is, an extreme racing car approved for the road. So it would be Gran Turismo Omologata - as already known to everyone since the dawn of time. So either GTO is used to cite a glorious model from the past, like the 250 or 288, or else we are off track. I don't think they choose this acronym yet. Let us also remember that Ferrari have very recently used "Omologata" for a one-off. It depends on how aesthetically different it will be from the 812. A celebratory name or a name that bridges the future could be chosen.

9. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    With all the names bantered about let’s call it the 812Bologna until someone with inside knowledge spills the beans

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Suggest to relax and be more patient till mid April 2021.

Marcel Massini

mofatmi9, KenU, roma1280 and 7 others like this.
  11. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Gents , do you think it will be possible there won't be a "Vs coupe" and a "VS aperta" but just one model featuring a removable carbon fiber panel, just like the F50...

If I cross some elements read here it can quite be possible

12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The game being to claim low production numbers to support the hype, I doubt that. 600 coupe + 600 aperta would sound far more exclusive than 1200 cars. Also more people would be ready to buy both versions than people wanting two examples of the same model, so from a marketing perspective the choice of two versions seems a no brainer to me.

roma1280 likes this.
  13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    There is no need for any additional enticement to buy one. There might be a very few, and I do mean very few, that will be offered both. It's not a matter of making the car more desirable to get people to buy more of them. They are all spoken for and those of us who got one can just be happy that we did.
    There will be two cars, and safest bet is that there will be more Berlinettas than Apertas.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    A name with no number would be a fitting end to the NA V12 .... possibly the Maranello ? ...yes been used before on the 550 but would sound good for the 812-900 coupes and 299 Aperta /targa...
    “The Maranelllllow”

Dubaicity and of2worlds like this.
  15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    What about “The Maaaaaranello?”
    :D

16. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    812 TDF for Too Darn Fast!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. ph7

ph7 Karting

Jul 8, 2019
    not all the people that have been contacted will buy the car. So there will be a second round.

Ltfor3 likes this.
  18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think that will be a "quick round"... If someone said no at this stage, the next has already been found. It has not taken long to weed out those few who might not want it. If you have not been notified by now, your chances are incredibly slim.

456-boy likes this.
  19. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Not sure where you are in the world but here, the dealer here was given a very specific allocation of cars. An exact number. No second round.

ilcapodizurigo likes this.
  20. PeterMac

PeterMac Rookie

Feb 28, 2021
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Peter MacDonald
    Not sure what to make of this - I have received the video but was categorically told it is not a guarantee of an allocation, as other customers who did not receive the video may make more purchases, which would then leapfrog them over me. Hence I was 'encouraged' to purchase another F car to ensure I went on to receive the allocation. I verified this by speaking to a couple of other regular customers - they had not received the video but were told by the same sales staff if they purchased now (no particular model mentioned), they may be able to then have the points to bump out those that did receive the video (who I assume in this periods did not purchase a car).

21. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    It never hurts to be a serial purchaser but this seems a little cheeky to me given that allocations have likely been determined by now, or very close to it.

22. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Sounds like nonsense to me. I got the e-mail and video and a couple of days later dealer sent contract which I returned signed and with my deposit. All very straightforward and clear.

23. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Now that’s just predatory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    This is unacceptable behavior from your dealer IMO. I’m sure Ferrari would not condone such sales tactics.

25. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Terrible, but not altogether shocking.