Can I get an Oysterflex strap for my leather strap Sky Dweller? | FerrariChat

Can I get an Oysterflex strap for my leather strap Sky Dweller?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Smiles, Feb 26, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I have the Rubber B strap on my no-date Submariner and love it. But the Rubber B solution doesn't look as good for the Sky Dweller.

I have the Sky Dweller with the leather strap.Can I retrofit an Oysterflex rubber strap to it?

Matt

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Matt, Just make sure if you ever send it in for service to change it back first. ;)

3. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    I believe the new Sky OF is 22mm and the leather is 21mm, search rolexforums.com if it can be done someone would have posted there.

4. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    So...

I’m not asking if it’s allowed under the Rolex rule book

I’m asking if it’s possible. Does the new Oysterflex fit a leather strap Sky Dweller?

Matt

5. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Rolex forum is same as Fchat, nothing to do with Rolex Co. If its been done or tried and failed someone there would have posted.

desmomini likes this.
  6. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    I can't say for sure but I think it probably does (as long as you have the right width). I believe owners of the strap Daytonas have "upgraded" ok. I think the issue you might have is how it looks given that the built in filler region between the lugs to narrow the gap from strap to watch head is flat but the Oysterflex has a raised center profile. You might want to buy a correctly sized repro on the web for $20 and see how it looks. I'm not sure I'd like the take-off of the center raised section but if it works for you then you could buy the real deal with clasp.