Pista Purchase Advice | FerrariChat

Pista Purchase Advice

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Mickyd329, Feb 26, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Looking to get some input from the experts on the forum. I currently own a 2020 Pista in Grigio Silverstone with an MSRP of $405k and have owned it for a little over a year. I love the car, but I've been wanting a red Pista lately. Started the hunt and found 2 cars I'm interested in.

Both are 2020 Rosso Corsa cars. One is a $510k msrp with 100 miles and the other is a $446k msrp car with 1300 miles. The highly spec'd car is $30k below msrp and the lower spec'd car is $7k below msrp. I'm trying to figure out which way to go. I guess the high spec cars are just not holding value as well as a mid spec cars? Is that the trend lately? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The better deal is the 510k msrp. But its always been the trend that you wont get your money back on high priced options. But the more expensive one has taken a hit- not sure how much more it will lose - hard to say but for 40k I think id get the better spec- just would need to see the spec sheets

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    what is the delta for the red paint?

4. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    It really depends on what the options are for the 510 car and wether you care ..me personally when I bought mine I found all the options I wanted ended up being right around that 450 price .... so unless it is missing something or a strange option package I would prefer the 446 less 7 k or what ever.. at the end of the day both cars are worth about the same ... but if the 510 car has something you really want you gotta decide ... I also had to have a red Pista....and that is what I got it listed at around 455

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike

Thanks, I was leaning towards that thought process. Just wanted to confirm I was on the right track. Here are the spec sheets for both cars.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It would come down to between $50k-$90k difference depending on the car I go with.

7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Keep your car, wrap it exactly in the shade you want and save all the money.

Nicolas21, IloveGT and SoCal to az like this.
  8. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike

Thanks for the input. The 510 car has a bit more than how I would've spec'd it, especially the carbon wheels. It feels like the 510 car could be a better value for the $40k difference in price? The lower miles helps too I guess.

9. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Agree.

IloveGT likes this.
  10. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I'll assume that you are talking about the two cars at Ferrari San Francisco. They have been on sale for quite some time. Check out their listing on cargurus and it will show the original prices they were asking for (they didn't lower them on their site to match what they are asking for on their own website).

Just a little bit of intelligence for you for some things that I have come across:

2020 MSRP $443K listed for $479K, a little over 100 miles. Dealer purchased for $438K from a broker
    2020 MSRP $508, 1700 miles, sold for $490K
    2019 MSRP $515K, 1,600 miles, bought from owner by dealer for $415K, listed for $505K, price dropped to $499K and then sold (no idea of selling price)
    2019 MSRP $508K, 391 miles, agreed to for $430K (brokers/auction) - car didn't make it to PDI before it was discovered that odometer was rolled back.

People are listing their Pistas for sale on the forums because the dealers are buying them for very low prices compared to MSRP and for what they are listing the cars for.

Next posting is some information from a ferrari sales person through instagram to me.

D11 likes this.
  11. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    The selling prices are all over the place (owners selling their cars to dealers are taking a blood bath). This is from my instagram stories (sales person is very credible and wanted to share some information with me.

12. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    thanks for that I received a discount on my 2020 back in nearly a year ago.. and even then a high dollars car was discounted substantially

Caeruleus11 and exoticcardreamer like this.
  13. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike

Thanks for the info. Yes, the 2 cars I am considering are at Ferrari SF.

exoticcardreamer likes this.
  14. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I'd go for the one with the carbon wheels. Try to negotiate $10K less and/or get them to throw in an extra set of non carbon wheels (you'd probably have to buy these anyways). This would be doable (I was there last week checking out the cars they had for sale).

Both the cars you are looking at are stunning.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  15. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike

Are there any known issues with the carbon wheels?

16. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I dont' know of any known issues. People generally just save the carbon wheels so they don't get damaged and just drive the car with non carbon wheels.

17. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Yes, if you curb or damage them you can’t repair them. Toss it away and buy a new set.

18. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    With our great roads in Indiana, carbon wheels do not work for me. My Rosso Scuderia was $450 msrp and had all carbon options and upgraded stereo and lifter. Nothing was missing even if I ordered it. It took me over 2 years to find it. No track and low miles and plenty of warranty left.

19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Let me add that my $457K MSRP car sold for $460K last week. At $457K it was pretty loaded up, carbon everything including the wheels. I'm not sure what else you would get for another $50K over my spec.

Caeruleus11, LARRYH, D11 and 2 others like this.
  20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I did confirm with my dealer that you can buy a wheel as opposed to an entire set but still a big expense.

Caeruleus11, D11 and mkraft3003 like this.
  21. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Dealers are really creating a big spread between buy and sell prices. If one is patient then consignment is the way to go but that can take a very, very long time (another one that I know of sold today with 700 miles, MSRP $538K and for a little less then $500K. It had been on sale for close to 9 months (consignment deal).

D11 likes this.
  22. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    This is exactly what I was thinking, why would you throw away all that tax money for a $4-5k wrap?

23. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    If you order just one carbon fiber wheel it costs approximately $19K from an authorized dealer. However, you can get an entire set of carbon fiber wheels in the low $30K range at the moment. Not sure how long that deal for a set will last though.

24. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    GT2goneF likes this.
  25. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ok. I'm aware of that with carbon wheels. I thought there were other issues I wasn't aware of. I would have to have Vorsteiner build me a set of wheels I guess.

Other than having PPF, I don't have interest in wrapping the car. I have gone through my satin/matte phase already. :)

Boomhauer likes this.