Goodwood Members’ Meeting 2020 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Goodwood Members’ Meeting 2020

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jack-the-lad, Jan 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Oh, no! So no meet-up, then?:(

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Not sure yet. Needs some thought.;)

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  3. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    In a supreme act of optimism I renewed my GRRC membership today.

:)

4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Likewise.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  5. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Rather than create a 2021 MM thread I’ll just continue this one in as much as there was no 2020 MM.:confused:

Anyway, if you’re a GRRC member you are already aware that the event has now been moved from late May to 16-17 October. This is a good thing since there’s no way I would be able to attend under current quarantine mandates (being a bloody Yank) and also because now @Bluebottle won’t have an excuse for not buying me a pint. Everybody wins!:)

6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Bloody infuriating actually: when they changed the date to 15th. May, I sent my tickets in for a refund - now I need to get them back!!!:rolleyes:

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  7. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bluebottle likes this.
  8. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi Jack. You going to be there?

9. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    John,

Thanks for checking.

We fully intended to be...tickets in hand (of course), lodging reserved, friends engaged for various dinners, etc. Then....our flights were canceled. Three times! We finally decided it was just too much brain damage, plus our government’s insistence on pre-return covid tests (and possible quarantining) resulted in our just binning the whole thing.

We’re gutted but are hoping to participate in GRRC’s planned Tuscany tour in the spring of 2022. Have you been on any GRRC tours? They’re very well organized and a lot of fun.

Jack.

Texas Forever likes this.
  10. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    That's a shame, but I understand whence you are coming. We had all sorts of complications when we went to Italy earlier this month. Leaving aside all the red tape involved with taking the dog (which in itself involved us in an extra around £300 in checks and vaccinations, but that's down to Brexit, not Covid), despite being double vaccinated, we had to take a test in France and complete a mammoth on-line document in order to get into Italy, then another test in France on our way back and another long on-line form, to get back into the UK, and before we left France we had to prove we had already booked a test to be taken once we were back home! At any stage, of course, if a test had come back positive, our plans would have been sabotaged. Happily, however, all went well, but it was a damned nuisance all the same. Actually the tests in France were the easiest part - we just went round to a local pharmacy 5 minutes walk from our hotel in Reims, where they took a swab, and 15 minutes and 25 euros later, we had our test results.

Sorry I shan't see you at Goodwood. Maybe next year?

I went to the Revival and, for the first time, one of their breakfast meetings - since moved house (in March) I only have an hour's drive to get there. I'll look into the Tuscany tour, but, as we are already heading in that direction in July, and again in October, it may not be a runner.