Which F12 should i go for? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Which F12 should i go for?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by dann0, Feb 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Well, it looks like number 2 is sold. Did you buy it dann0?

2. dann0

dann0 Karting

May 7, 2010
  3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I would be weary of car 2 due to the km. That's not much for a 7 year old car. I have actually driven an F12 that was fairly low mileage and ran great off the lot, and after 10 minutes the rear end howled like a banshee. I don't like old low mileage cars.
    I think the RB car with CF and such options look like a really nice deal. The age of these cars are getting to a point where mileage starts to matter less. More and more will start to show mileage and thus it will level itself out. Am I making an incorrect assumption that those people who tell you that you will not be able to sell it and that the value will drop like an anvil thrown from a crane, are actually not Ferrari owners? More often than not when I talk to someone who starts rambling on about how bad mileage is and this or that, they are not owners and most haven't even sat in a Ferrari.

A 2015 car with that km on the clock is not a bad thing, especially if the car has been taken care of. Great colour and a nice spec overall. Get a power warranty and yo should be good to go. That's just my take on it.

Enjoy the hunt:)

4. dann0

dann0 Karting

May 7, 2010
    Thanks for that advice. Maybe i just have to get over the miles thing... the spec is perfect otherwise... and I'll just drive it heaps and put on another 30k km!
    Sent from my SM-G998B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    The car looks to have a great spec all around, I agree with our friend Co -Pilota the miles are not a concern try and negotiate the power warranty and you will have a great F-12 to enjoy!

6. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    #31 rumen1, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    I thought that 30 000km are low mileage for a 6-year old car and now someone says it's high mileage... Damn, this whole mileage thing has probably reached his peak now. Not sure how hard is to sell a Ferrari, but a year ago an F12 with 120 000km has showed in mobile.de, it was a basic spec'd car and it was priced 20 000 Euro below the average low-end prices of the F12s at the time and it was sold for 2 weeks...

At the moment I'm also in the hunt of an F12 and keeping in mind how reliable these things are, the last thing I will worry is the mileage. And even if this really depreciates the car so much, who cares? You have money, spend it for your own good. Drive the car whenever you like, lose some money, so what? You're making your own fun, so who cares?

I was also looking to a 512TR recently - a 10 000km car - "collectable", as they say. It was priced 30 000- 40 000 Euro over the average prices for the model. It was a one owner car. And I thought - damn, this poor guy has wasted this car, keeping it 30 years for the next owner and not enjoying it only to gain 30 000 lousy Euros at the end.... If that's not sad, I don't know what it is.

As for the paints - these 2 paints are so similar, that it's hard to catch the difference between them if the cars are not side by side. By coincidense I am now looking at two cars in the same colors - Berlinetta and Fuoco and you really can't tell the difference when you see them in person. I would be worrying more about any gearbox issues, that they may have in their past and the way that they have fixed (if any), instead of the mileage :)