Took delivery of my 2015 F12 | FerrariChat

Took delivery of my 2015 F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ryun, Feb 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ryun

Ryun Rookie

Jan 29, 2021
    Jacksonville Florida
    Full Name:
    Ryun Pavlicek
    Hello everyone...
    Been lurking for a while, reading thru old f12 threads as I searched for the right f12 for me.
    Ive been a Porsche guy for a long time and am finally making the jump to Ferrari. I sold my Gt3 touring when the RS6 avant came to the US. And while the RS6 is fun in its own way, I missed the high revving NA experience. Touring prices are thru the roof right now which got me looking at other vehicles in that range. The F12 really caught my eye both from an appearance and performance perspective. Took me a long while to find the spec for me. I finally found this one from my guys @Merit Partners. Bianco Avus, black/red interior and lift.
    I had also been looking for one with little to no carbon fiber on the interior. I know thats not a popular opinion but I preferred the silver bits on this one. Same for the wheels and grille.

After arranging everything, I flew to Atlanta early this week for delivery. The 5 hr drive back to florida was in almost solid rain so I got a firsthand initiation into wet mode.
    Its definitely a change from what I have in the garage now and still calibrating myself to it. The power is incredible and I like the overall balance of the car. (it has me thinking of trading the rs6 for an FF :) Only complaint is the front end wanders a bit. Im guessing it may be the old pirellis. Never been a fan of Pirellis so its headed to the shop monday for some Michelin Pilots and an alignment. Pretty sure that will fix that issue.

This forum has been a good source of info since the owners manual is a bit lacking and I wouldnt exactly call the TFT controls "intuitive".
    Ill be able to get more "fun" miles on it this week and post some more feedback

Ill be able to get some more fun miles on this weekend and compare it better with other cars Ive had.

Here are some quick pics
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ryalex, Carl A, RDItalian and 8 others like this.
  2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great looking car. rip it up man!

3. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Congrats , beautiful car.

F12 is wilder than the 812 imo , enjoy it safely.

:)

ryalex likes this.
  4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Congrats, love the spec.

5. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    It is wonderful , my compliments . I had the same , same color with cioccolato interiors , lift and carbon with leds steering wheel . It is a fantastic car . My heart is still on it . I have a red 812 SF now but still I prefer F12 clean design , white color is very nice and people are realizing few times it is a Ferrari . Even longer gear ratio I prefer compared to short in 812SF . I don’t want to say I’m unhappy now , not at all also because I put it on some Options like Daytona seats with red stitches , Hi Fi premium and passenger display I didn’t have before , very very happy but ......

ryalex and Ryun like this.
  6. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I often forget how white looks clean and great, on any car.

Congrats Ryun

7. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Congrats. You will love it.

Drive it well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Fantastic !!! Would love a white F12 …. beautiful. Congrats.

MDS

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Congratulations. Fresh set of Michelin SS 4s was one of the first things I did (replacing older K version), and it was a noticeable improvement to the grip and ride.

x z8 and Ryun like this.
  10. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    i looked at that car. personally i would take off the extra red trim aftermarket they put on the fenders.
    tell us the difference from porsche to ferrari, i would bet a lot has to do with ferrari being more "exotic" and the attention that gets.

350MH83 and ryalex like this.
  11. PJxxx

PJxxx Karting

Sep 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    PJ Cusano
    Sick

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ryalex likes this.
  12. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Congrats! Awesome spec and pairs nicely with the Avant

13. Ryun

Ryun Rookie

Jan 29, 2021
    Jacksonville Florida
    Full Name:
    Ryun Pavlicek
    Thanks for all the compliments guys. I am very excited.

Its a really nice shade of white. I had it paint corrected and a ceramic coat applied. The paint was in great shape and thankfully no bubbling around the rear vents. The red vinyl on the lip spoiler, mirrors and rear diffuse are staying for now. The accents are growing on me and along with the red calipers and centercaps give it a little pop. Hoping the low key white keeps some attention off of it. My previous winged Gt3s and turbo S drew alot of eyeballs and questions but the touring got very little. Actually more people stop me about the RS6 even when i was down in car crazy Miami.

Its too early to give a great review versus the Porsches but Im not sure I would say one feels more exotic than the other. I had almost 10 yrs behind the wheel of a lot of 911s so Im nowhere near the same comfort level at pace on a front mid engine car. Ill hold off on handling comparisons til the tires and alignment are done. Right now, I am just laughing at the subtle differences between how Germans and Italians set up the driver interface.

I am very happy with the size. i had almost no experience with the car IRL so it was hard to gauge how big it was and I was a bit worried it would lean too much to the grand tourer side of things. I think the long hood makes it photograph bigger than it is. Even side by side with my cayman it isnt that much larger maybe a couple inches here and there

ryalex and papou like this.
  14. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    wow good point i thought it would be a foot or two longer than the cayman they really do photograph larger

15. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    First time I have seen one with a red cap in the wheel, looks great against the white paint, you've got a real beauty enjoy!

16. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    That’s a stunning looker. So clean, fresh and sleek. Congratulations, I hear those V12....once you have one, your done with anything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Great find!! Congratulations!

18. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Awesome ride man. Welcome to the club! Drive it like you stole it.

19. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Congratulations! Enjoy in excellent health!!

20. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Congrats!

21. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
  22. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    And don’t worry Ryun we believe you we won’t be demanding you post pictures with your titles. ;):D

Avia11 and Ryun like this.
  23. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    For the record, I didn't demand anything. what people offer up is on them, lol

ryalex likes this.
  24. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    if you decide to add a rearview camera to the car let me know what route you decide.

i used this, the mirror has to be strap attached since there was no way to remove the OEM mirror and have something replace it
    https://www.amazon.com/AUTO-VOX-Mirror-Laminated-Tracking-Parking/dp/B085RB9LKJ

500 install by just removing trunk inside panels and right rear taillight and splicing the power adapter to pull from the overhead console where the lights and parking sensor button is.

25. Ryun

Ryun Rookie

Jan 29, 2021
    Jacksonville Florida
    Full Name:
    Ryun Pavlicek
    Thanks but I have front and rear cameras.

ferrari already asked for a copy of the registration. If anyone hasnt gone thru the myferrari process, they are very responsive. once they get you set up you get access to build info, service info and pics from the build like this:

Im really enjoying how different the Audi and the Ferrari perform. The audi has close to 800 hp and its pretty brute ish with all its weight and traction.
    The f12 is so precise by comparison. I am really surprised at how taut the the steering and throttle response are. I was a bit worried coming from a GT3 that this would feel too grand tour ish. While it is a bit heavier, it is so very responsive and high strung. So much fun getting to know the vehicle.
    Finally got the michelins on and took it out for some back road fun. other than a little corner exit traction, it exceeds the gt3 in most every way

Bobby_P and ryalex like this.