Where are the Ferraris? | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Where are the Ferraris?

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by tomgt, Sep 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MrGT3

MrGT3 Rookie

Mar 2, 2012
    im told the gt3 run some exotic materials in engine requiring major maintenance costs at rather low lifetime hours. ie the cars are too expensive to run and hard to justify in a balance of performance series that gt has now become. sad as hard to feel we are seeing the best cars when ferrari is missing from the grid.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. MrGT3

MrGT3 Rookie

Mar 2, 2012
  3. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    not true. 488 GT3/E will continue to compete in all major GT Chamionships until Model will change in 2023. I own and race both Cars as well as 458 GT3 and GTE.

tomgt likes this.
  4. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    who told you this?

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I dont think you can race the Modificata in the Challenge series and there are barely any Challenge cars on the market. I think there were ~7 or so advertised and my friends and I bought up most of them to race next year.

6. RosoF1

RosoF1 Rookie

Dec 14, 2014
    Not sure anyone is still following the old thread (started in '16), but came up when I searched "488 GT Modificata". (As a current participant), nothing wrong with the NA Challenge Series, other than travel restrictions from C19. The new EVO package really delivered on its promises and event car counts were likely the highest ever, even with some (e.g. Canadians, sadly) unable to travel; the Finali, originally in Abu Dhabi was moved first to Misano, now deferred and moved to Mugello in March '21. There is always some turnover of cars at end of season, as many drivers order new ones each season. As for the 488 GT3, among the Pro/AM community, it is pretty broadly considered the most capable, drivable GT3 out there, with two downsides. First is cost, which is high vs peers with separate GT3/GTE platforms (e.g. you don't get Porsche's GTE/GTLM car when you buy the R - very different car). With the 488 GT3, Ferrari would argue you are getting a lot more of the (more expensive) GTE. Second is BOP, which is a messy subject, but let's just agree that both 488 GTs are required to run far below their potentials. The M is intended to showcase that potential, specifically in their new(ish) Club Competizioni series, which is similar to FXX (i.e. same tracks and support, but sans wheel-to-wheel racing), but for GT cars of all vintages. Some (all ?) of these events will overlap with FC weekends worldwide, but of course running in different sessions. None of this restricts against private use, which could include track rentals or even racing, where some organizations are more flexible regarding BOP.

chrixxx likes this.
  7. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Nov17ecshuz, NürScud and Nicolas21 like this.
  8. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    NürScud likes this.
  9. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
  10. Nov17ecshuz

Nov17ecshuz Rookie

Sep 2, 2015
  11. Nov17ecshuz

Nov17ecshuz Rookie

Sep 2, 2015
    There are 5 GTEs in the photo I think:p

12. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    Nov17ecshuz, tomgt and chrixxx like this.
  13. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Nov17ecshuz likes this.
  14. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
  15. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    tomgt likes this.
  16. MBPaki

MBPaki Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    TURIN
    Full Name:
    Miki Bellagarda
  17. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    this is no joke

french built Ferrari’s....lmfao!
    How many collectors want that piece of s&€?&$#%? Bastard/Mongrel Ferrari.

we all know what Prodrive did with the the works cars at Le Mans in 2004....and LMES

69 victories vs 1 (?)

18. notsofast

notsofast Karting

Sep 29, 2009
    So not a joke :(

Oreca are good but a bit of a surprise seeing as though Michelotto has been Ferrari’s GT builder for so long. I’m guessing it’s do with money if they are going their seperate ways.

I can’t see Michelotto having a hand in the LMh programme as that appears to be in-house.

19. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    wait and see regarding F GT cars in future....

Let yourself be surprised

20. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This was expected

the 488 GTE is homologated until 2023 and in 2023 the new GT3 will debute. I'm wondering what will happen to the WEC AM class as per regulations, AM Class needs to enter with a Car at least one year old (or based on the previous years specification) that would mean that the GT-Pro would enter the new GT3 and GTE AM still with the 488 GTE in 2023. That was last time the case in 2016, GTE PRO was with the 488 GTE and GTE AM with the 458 GTE. Ferrari will not run a factory backed GT Entry in WEC after 2022 but that does not mean that there can't be any Pro Entry with the new Car? So we will see the new GT Car in AM Categories and ELMS in 2024?

I'm also wondering if ACO will have some kind of his own GT3 regulations more like GTE'ish (no ABS, more downforce etc)

21. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    and what do you think of this? >> https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/oreca-linked-to-ferrari-gt-takeover/

22. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I can't comment as I don't have the details. All I know is that the 488 GT3/GTE was/is Michelottos last GT Project for Ferrari. If the Cars are getting build at Maranello (and Oreca is the developer) or at Oreca I don't know. Ferrari mentioned often that they want to do more in House.