Which F12 should i go for? | FerrariChat

Which F12 should i go for?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by dann0, Feb 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dann0

dann0 Karting

May 7, 2010
    Howdy all, I'm homing in on 2 F12's (in Australia) and need some help on their relative merits vs price.

Car 1
    $469k list
    2015 model
    30,000kms
    Rosso berlinetta paint
    Lift kit
    Lots of carbon
    PPF
    https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2014-ferrari-f12berlinetta-auto/OAG-AD-18475067

Car 2
    2014 model
    $490k list
    9500kms
    Rosso Fuoco paint
    Lift kit
    Novitek exhaust
    PPF
    No carbon at all
    https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2014-ferrari-f12berlinetta-auto/OAG-AD-19306538

I'd like a combo of both, lots of carbon and low miles but slim pickings over here so think i will choose one of these. Both will probably sell under list the same amount so there will be a $20k difference from high kms to the low one.

I love the spec of the high miler but am worried about it. On their merits alone and taking price differential into account... what does everyone think? Which one would you choose?

Sent from my SM-G998B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    What's wrong with 30000km on a 6 yr old car ?

3. dann0

dann0 Karting

May 7, 2010
    People keep telling me if i put another 20k kms on it I'll never be able to sell it? Not that I'm thinking I'll ever sell it at this stage

Gianfranco341 likes this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Ull always be able to trade it in though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It really depends what is more important to you. More options were more important to me, so I went with a higher mileage example and the options I wanted. Both the cars you are considering could have resale issues for different reasons. If more options and low miles are important to you, wait for the right one.

6. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    One million percent I would go for the 2nd car being Rosso Fuoco car!

The color is so beautiful in beautiful in person and I think I have actually seen this particular car in Sydney some years ago.

It is beautiful!

May the Horse be with you

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    IMHO I would prefer less mileage . I don’t know how is the market over there . It is very difficult to sell a Ferrari in Italy if it has more than 40000 km . I know one F12 with that mileage is for sale since 4 years , still unsold . I had F12 before 812SF . I’ve been in love with it so much . I prefer the clean design of a F12 . What I prefer more on F12 compared to 812 is longer gear ratios , you keep same gear for longer and for a wider window of speed . I’ve been in love with that . I’m anyway very very happy with 812SF that is very similar but getting always over rev with blu led very very quickly is annoying me a little and from 6th to 7th gear you have a big drop of rpm

8. MrMarti

MrMarti Rookie

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jorge Marti
    I think the no carbon look is classier, very elegant and subtle.
    I'd go for that one and try to get the price lower with some shrewd negotiation!

colonels likes this.
  9. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I forgot to say it is very important front suspension lift for me

10. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    Any info about the seller available?
    I would rather choose a car that spent 30.000kms on highways than a car spending 5.000kms on a track

11. dann0

dann0 Karting

May 7, 2010
    The low mileage one also comes with the 1 year dealer warranty which is probably important given its my first F car

bamaman likes this.
  12. Rabies

Rabies Karting

Apr 4, 2020
    UK
    I am often perplexed by why people consider depreciation with a car like this. (Nearly) all cars depreciate vs other assets over a long enough period of time. So, if financial performance of an asset is important to you, then a 'modern' supercar is not for you.

Do you want to drive the car or just look at it and/or show off to your mates and other people? If your primary reason to own it is NOT to drive the damn thing, then buy the lower mileage car as it will loose proportionally less money and you will feel better about the 'inevitable' losses you are making on what you have bought.

If you want to drive the car, then f**k the depreciation and just buy the car you want to drive/own the most.

"Simple".... ;-)

PS. I bought one to drive and am averaging over 800 miles per month even though we are in lockdown - god only know how many I will do afterwards, but I don't care!

rumen1, CPBTX and FerRrari like this.
  13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    For the price difference I like the fuoco one with lower miles.

I feel terrible about your pricing and taxes there... only paid $252k AUD for my 2015.

14. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Car 2 is probably the better purchase though not having a LED steering wheel would bother me.

15. dann0

dann0 Karting

May 7, 2010
    Yeah it's really the only thing bothering me about that car. I don't need carbon anywhere else but ideally I'd like the rev lights

16. Gated

Gated Formula 3

Dec 21, 2009
    Fuoco. Add the rev lights if you must have them.

17. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    My F12 reached 30.000 Km last month and passed Ferrari's Power Warranty inspection with distinction. However, I know other Ferraris with much less mileage that already had several mechanical problems because the owners use them regularly on the track.
    It is true that mileage influences the price of a second hand Ferrari more than what it does in cars of other brands and this is an advantage when you buying but is the other way round when you are selling. If your intention is to keep the F12 for a long time like me, and there are plenty of reasons to do that because the F12 continuous being a great car and is also the last Pininfarina designed Ferrari, then don't hesitate and go for the newer car with more mileage that has a combo you like with plenty of carbon fiber extras making a big difference. If your intention happens to be using the F12 for a short period of time and then trade it, in this case the better option is no doubt the lower mileage car.

18. dann0

dann0 Karting

May 7, 2010
    Thanks mdel. Gotta say I'm really still torn on it. It's my first ferrari and i really think I'd like this one to be a keeper that I'll add to in the future with other cars. But who knows...

19. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Good luck on your decision….

20. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    carbon fiber interior trim and alcantara are the 2 biggest hoaxes perpetrated on the car enthusiast in the past decade.

ryalex and MrMarti like this.
  21. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Second car, lower mileage and a warranty---no question.

22. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think any deal you ever get into, you should also know how you will get out.

With that said, I would go with car 2 because I love the color more. I would agree both are fairly close. If you are not going to put excessive miles then car 2 is a better choice. If you are going to put solid miles, car 2 is still a better choice. If you are going to put insane excessive miles over a longish time then both probably equalize.

23. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    What's wrong with this one then?
    It's Fuoco with the rev lights and neither too high km nor too low km...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-ferrari-f12berlinetta-auto/SSE-AD-6870430/?Cr=2

Personally, I'd buy this one and save a stack of cash.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-ferrari-f12berlinetta-auto/OAG-AD-19494033/?Cr=0

24. dann0

dann0 Karting

May 7, 2010
  25. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    If lift is that important to you then retrofit the Novitec lift.