F355 Nouvalari SS Exhaust First Impressions | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F355 Nouvalari SS Exhaust First Impressions

Discussion in '348/355' started by AutoFanaticF355, Sep 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    I have the loudest car out of all my friends when we do drives. It's a 95 2.7 with Fabspeed headers, fully decatted with y-pipe and straight pipe from Fabspeed. A nouvalari Supersport exhaust and the original bypass valve.

Sounds incredible but a full day of driving will exhaust you!!! It's very loud at idle....

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
    @AutoFanaticF355 Have you been able to drive the car? Any impressions on the Capristo vs the Nouvalari?

3. AutoFanaticF355

AutoFanaticF355 Karting

Aug 13, 2020
    NY
    Full Name:
    Philip
    The Nouvalari SS was insane i loved it but my town hated the noise at low Rpm it was unbearable even my wife hated driving in it. The Capristo 2 is a great alternative yet cost 3 times more money, i have my valve fully open now and really like it but the Nouvalari to me sounded more F1 racier as they made my muffler very aggressive they told me. The Nouvalari also fit on my car better the Capristo was a nightmare to get it to fit good enough as if whomever welded it up did not have the jig locked in right.

ShineKen likes this.
  4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Very interesting take. Nouvalari special race muffler perhaps? Did you ever post pics of your muffler? What is your current setup with the Cap 2 muffler? Fabspeed headers?

5. Carmellini

Carmellini Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2019
    I have the Nouvalari Sport muffler (NOT Supersport),. and it is Goldiocks perfect! Not too loud at all. With normal, around town driving, it is just a tad louder than the stock muffler, and when you mash the throttle and the bypass valve opens, the sound is glorious. (running stock manifolds, Fabspeed bypass, and OEM secondary)

6. lanab

lanab Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I have replaced the headers and the drone is completely gone with the Nouvalari SS muffler i told you all about earlier, the original headers were toasted with holes when i opened them.

It's perfect now.

ShineKen likes this.
  7. EFerrari34

EFerrari34 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 19, 2021
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Good afternoon,

Could someone please explain to me the benefits of adding a Nouvalari Y pipe to the car? Sound, etc? If the car has Stock headers, Nouvalari Cats, Y Pipe & SS exhaust; has anyone had a CEL issue? or any other issues for that matter. I was asking the rep & he advised me to come to you with my questions. I appreciate it in advance.

8. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    In my opinion there are no downsides to doing a non cat y-pipe on an F355. There is no secondary catalyst monitoring so removing the y-pipe catalysts wouldn't cause a check engine light.

So, benefits would be louder on open bypass (if that's what you want), lighter weight, slightly decrease engine bay temps, maybe a slight increase in flow potential depending on the design.

The stock y-pipes are very high flowing so wouldn't expect much power gain.

If your primary goal is something other than increasing exhaust volume your money is probably better spent elsewhere.

One more thing I would add that's just an observation but I think the original design intended to stop/minimize crossflow between banks through the y-pipe when the bypass valve is closed.

There is a divider in the 2.7 pipe and kind of seems like same goal if you look at the angles of the 5.2 version.

When I built the y-pipe for my car I used a merge collector which put the two input pipes parallel before entry. (as opposed to the design of some that merge the tubes together)

9. EFerrari34

EFerrari34 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 19, 2021
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Thanks very much!