812 VS Rumors | Page 180 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    same

2. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Both

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Yes I got notified via the MyFerrari App.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

456-boy likes this.
  4. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Appreciate the confirmations. Sounds like I am on the outside looking in...but congrats to all of you. Ferrari has been very good to me on the delivery cycle of my SF, GTS and Roma...so no complaints.

of2worlds and Gianfranco341 like this.
  5. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    In your opinion will it be any chance that the 812 SF ( no gpf ) will sound better than the 812 VS?

Lagunae92 and of2worlds like this.
  6. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Same. Nothing in the app but got the email.

RamsHmb and roma1280 like this.
  7. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    it is 12:30 pm in italy.. nothing will happen today?

8. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    There is no presentation scheduled today...not sure where you heard this but it is wrong. The selected clients will see a few renderings of the cars in the next few days, but only at dealers’ premises and I do not expect any images to appear anywhere. This will be very tightly controlled
    The official presentation is at least a month away

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

9. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Hi,

I am classified by Ferrari as VIP client, sub 40 years old with potential, 4 new cars in the last 1,5 year and 2 events participation; so I thought to myself I might be border line to be awarded the 812 VS or not...

I have not received the email but my dealer tells me only TOP clients have received the email and that I still got chances, not sure what to believe...

¿All of you lucky "email receivers" are classified as TOP?

Thanks and congratulations!!

Best

10. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    You are my favourite poster on Fchat since the past year. The patience and detail with which you answer is really inspiring. You have got to be a business owner to have such patience with strangers! It's very easy to cast a look back and say designer x was great because look how much we love the cars and the designs but how much were these cars loved back then? There was a time when all these multimillion dollar Ferraris were just cars with few takers as used cars. Yes Leonardo Fioravanti designed beautiful cars (or at least cars that we perceive as beautiful now) within his set of constraints. I will go out on a limb and say, put him next to Mazoni and tell him to design 15 cars in 5 years the way Manzoni (and his team) does with all the constraints that Manzoni deals with and he will probably not know what to do. People retire for a reason, time passes by and genius fades (not always but mostly). Monza SP1/SP2 was designed with little to no constraints and it is beautiful.
    I think all Manzoni era Ferraris are beautiful when compared to any of its direct competitors. Also Manzoni era SP cars are at least 2x better looking than the ones made under Pininfarina.
    Also @day355 please do think twice before posting your Xenophobic views, western cultures do not have a monopoly on taste. You are quick to blame the Asians and Marketing for bad designs and yet 70-80% of Ferraris are sold in Europe+US. What gives?

11. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    No I am VIP and got the invite email.

However I own 7 Ferraris and 3 on the way. Ran the Ferrari Club Challenge last year and signed up for this year. I have bought at least 15 or so new cars in the last 5 years and run every Corso Pilota, every rally I've been invited to, and even attended the SF1000 premier last year before Covid hit.

CottonCandy, GK18, doc76 and 7 others like this.
  12. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    And you oredered a very elaborated tailor made VS car, that counts also I think

Thecadster, of2worlds and tickerhound like this.
  13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    ...and you’re not “Top?” Baffling....

JagShergill likes this.
  14. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sounds like VVIP to me!

JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  15. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Again, from what I keep on reading here is that there is no metric system for who’s VIP and who’s not. Very, very strongly guessing the dealer has a very big impact on who get’s the VS and whom not....

Tommy Boy likes this.
  16. WLF046

WLF046 Rookie

Jan 7, 2017

There is a metric (points) system for VIP and TOP. VVIP does not exist.
    They dealer has no access to the info nor can they change or influence your status.
    What can happen is that you dealer informs that you are all in with the brand, and that might create an opportunity to become VIP and thus allow you to have perks of the VIP or TOP depending on your current status in the system.
    To become top you also need classic Ferrari's, as well as being into new technology (SF90), not selling your cars, racing, going to events etc...
    In order to be taken into account for the successor of the LaFerrari, you will need at least 3 classic Ferrari's V12, additionally 3 V12 and at total of over 15 Ferrari's in your garage.
    This is also one of the reasons why Ferrari is pushing hard to have you use the app, as this is their tracking tool for ownership, maintenance, events, etc...

The issue is that there are only 500 TOP customers. So at any given point you might be TOP customer, but it is easy to loose this status due to the 500 places. Hence there importance to be really involved with the brand and not only buying cars but be real ambassadors.

17. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  18. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Our Top customers here do not own ANY classic Ferraris. None. They do however do many other things. You are correct by saying there is a metric at work and a point system.

ilcapodizurigo likes this.
  19. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I think you misunderstood what I wrote, but please don't talk to me like your employee!
    You only have an external view of how Ferrari works, so an incomplete view.
    It is quite respectable according to the work of Manzoni, but it is not comparable with the works of art that Fioraventi leaves us. They don't play in the same division, that's a fact.

GK18, rossodino, Senna1994 and 2 others like this.
  20. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006

Are you not fed up with mistaking customers for 5 year olds ???
    Let's wait for future cars to see if you can follow through with such arrogance, as long as there are some customers left !!!

of2worlds likes this.
  21. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    444sp, Spider68 and LARRYH like this.
  22. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I fear your comments are too kind, but still much appreciated - thank you. I do run a business, our family business, set up by my father over 40 years ago. I am really not a patient person but one thing you do learn in business, you need other people so better learn to be good to them!

It reminds me that Ferrari is still a business too. If it didn’t function as a business it wouldn’t exist. The pressures on Manzoni’s team are huge - regulation, competitors, international tastes, aerodynamics, cooling, new power systems, ergonomics, new materials, cost pressures. How do you begin to accommodate all that and still deliver a design that you feel expresses both yours and the brand’s personality? Get it wrong and you cost the business millions of euros and lost momentum that could set you back years. Huge challenge, huge responsibility!

23. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Agreed - seems a common practice these days i.e. making judgements with very little fact or knowledge or actual research.

Gianfranco341 likes this.
  24. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Karting

Nov 4, 2006
    This site tends to be a place of escape. I come here to immerse myself in all things Ferrari. Coming here is a means of taking a time out from the nonsense of the world. Chief among the things I seek a respite from is the annoying silencing tactic you've attempted to employ.

Xenophobia, really? That's where you want to take FerrariChat? [Insert eye roll.]

You're NOT morally superior. Your views are not entitled to preference over that of day355.

There are plenty of labels that could be directed against you. It would serve you well to remain mindful of the admonition about glass houses and rocks.

350MH83, TP98, Zemoloera and 5 others like this.