Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 72 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    What??? 1989 the Mac was still the best car by far, ok maybe the 640 chassis was better, but with 12 retirements just for Berger that was of no use at all! Still, the Honda engine was able to compensate largely for the chassis defaults, so all in all, the Mac still had a clearly faster car over the Ferrari, except perhaps on more twisty circuits.

2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Now Max is another level compared to Ricciardo. I wonder how many tenths between him and Hamilton during most of the qualifying sessions in a championship?

Bas likes this.
  3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    When was the last time Hamilton went from a fast car to a mid-field car when compared to Ricciardo?

Flavio_C likes this.
  4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I think Austria 2018. And the big one in 2016. He's had plenty before that, he doesn't get a pass for any of them here.

5. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    2009, and 2013

6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I especially note that you will never make the effort to understand what it is to be a supporter of the Scuderia.
    It’s too bad you miss out on great emotions.;)
    Let your emotions guide you!

7. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Lewis was 5th and 4th respectively those years. Hardly mid-field and not even close compared to Ricciardo's move to Renault.

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not a clue. I would say that max would outqualify and outrace Lewis majority of the time.

Ricciardo as a teammate with Lewis? I would think that over the seasons they'd be pretty evenly matched. One thing that would work very much in Ricciardo's favour is the fact that Ricci is always universally loved. Lewis not so much...and Ricci's entire attitude (ultra positive, jokey) wouldn't work for Lewis at all if Lewis was on a so called losing streak.

375+, sammysaber, fil and 4 others like this.
  9. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    The 2009 Mclaren was actually below midfield, Renault was 4th when Riccardo joined, Mercedes was 5th when Hamilton joined.

10. As above, opinions are just talk. Positions in the Championship are the walk. :)

Best ranked in the World Championship : 2th in 2019. 2020

william likes this.
  11. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    That's your opinion but Lewis's rankings in 2009 thru 2013 prove the car was above mid-field.

12. I don't need to make an effort to understand. I already do.
    I haven't missed out. :) I stopped fantasizing and living vicariously when my hero, Jim lost his life, two months before my 15th birthday.

I decided at that point, to save my emotions, great ones, for reality....the many close to me personally.

I use intelligence to guide me, as do the participants in F1 and every other form of racing.

Now, I just enjoy my passion, auto racing, for what it is, an entertaining "sport" (be real...it's show business).

Isn't variety also great?! :)

13. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I certainly disagree.

Rgds

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Since they won races in 09 and 13 those were NOT midfield cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picchu88 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  15. I don't need to make an effort to understand. I already do.
    I haven't missed out. :) I stopped fantasizing and living vicariously when my hero, Jim lost his life, two months before my 15th birthday.

I decided at that point, to save my emotions, great ones, for reality....the many close to me personally.

I use intelligence to guide me, as do the participants in F1 and every other form of racing.

Now, I just enjoy my passion, auto racing, for what it is, an entertaining "sport" (be real...it's show business).

Isn't variety also great?! :)

16. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    In 1989 McLaren doubled the points of the 2nd team. I think that arguing it was not the best car of the season needs some strong evidence.

furoni likes this.
  17. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    About Bottas: he´s been mediocre some years. With that car he should be second in the championship, 3rd at worst. In 2018 he was 5th, and this season he was erratic, had some pathetic races, was beaten by a semi-rookie and was challenged by Verstappen for 2nd.

So far, he´s OKish because the Mercedes is so superior that anybody can do the job. But the day that they loose that margin, maybe he won´t be close enough to support Hamilton. I suppose Toto knows it, that Bottas knows it and that his ass is on fire.

18. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    2013 was merely crossing the threshold for the 2014 WMD. A monster that Merc had been developing for 7 years.
    It wasn't too much of a sacrifice for Lewis ;)

375+, Picchu88, sammysaber and 4 others like this.
  19. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

Amazing what can be achieved at Mercedes !

20. Natkingcolebasket69

I think the main issue of this f1 forum is that nobody is willing to make a step towards each other
    I try to help a bit KTU’s stance by acknowledging his talents but then KTU is out there saying Lewis drove a midfield car in 13 ... ;)

21. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

True.
    Lewis is a bit of a prickly princess.

Bas, furoni and fil like this.
  22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    So if past champions win in none worthy cars, the driver is the key. But if Hamilton wins in none worthy cars somehow the car is magically above midfield?

23. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    The Mercedes was 5th best car when Hamilton made the switch, look it up, really simple, don't complicate it.

24. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Now your deflecting.

This was a comparison between Lewis and Ricciardo and the statements you made about Lewis driving a mid-field car in those particular years you mentioned.

Picchu88 and sammysaber like this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

Dude- look at my previous posts all over the weekend. I tried to talk sense into people vouching for Hamilton’s greatness but u got stop saying non sense too