State Inspection - Triangle Area | FerrariChat

State Inspection - Triangle Area

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by smithson, Feb 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. smithson

smithson Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Where are you all having your state inspections done? I know this has been asked before, but search results suggest it's been a while. I doubt the "I've got a guy" responses from more than a few years back are valid with these types of service centers. I've got a '91 348 that only needs the safety inspection (for the next 5 years until it's exempt). I'm in Durham, but will drive anywhere within 45 minutes to get this done with a significantly higher level of comfort than the local oil change shop. Cheers.

2. smithson

smithson Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Yikes. Crickets?

3. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    I'll try. I have a Camry and a ML 350 Mercedes in addition to the Ferraris. I take to MB to The Foreign Service for everything except state inspection. I established a good relationship with the manager of a Precision Tune near me. He lets me drive the Ferraris into the bay, and 5 minutes later my state inspection is done.

4. jines

jines Rookie

Nov 13, 2017
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    J. Ines
    State Inspection- I trust Apex Inspection Center. Not the best looker, but the guys in there have passion for exotic and unique car and typically accommodate any reasonable requests. 703 E Williams St, Apex, NC 27502

5. smithson

smithson Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Thank you both for the replies. I've also got a '92 Toyota MR2 and nearly every time I take it in for its state inspection someone pops the frunk, and says "where's the MOTOR?". Every part of this process is cringe-worthy. Thanks again.